• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

FrsDvl

Oct 25, 2017
screenshot_20211028-11ikmx.png
Anyone know what this stuff is on my 6 Pro? I can't get rid of it, it says it's downloading but as far as I can tell it's not doing anything.

hyouko

Oct 27, 2017
Mine arrived today. Getting used to gestures and various other new things. It's a very noticable upgrade in smoothness coming from my LG G7. The camera is a tremendous boost, too.

I need a case, and all of the ones on Amazon that are in stock are no-name Chinese brands :-/ ; everything else is backordered into November. Any recommendations?

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I'm worried about not using a case but all the spigen ones on Amazon UK don't deliver until mid-November
Order one, it may change soon.

I ordered the Spigen Rugged Armor on Amazon France, it was due to ship in January, soon after it updated my order to mid November (but on the product page the ability to add to cart was disabled).
And this morning I received an email saying it was coming next week.
But my phone is still coming late November according to Google Store.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Fedex is fucking with me. Tracker updated with my phone being in Keasby NJ at 5pm but they still claim it's "On Time" and will be delivered today. That's 65 miles and a solid 2 hour+ drive to my house. Doubt.

Still don't know about what case to get. They all have delivery dates of like mid Nov to early Dec, so that's cool.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Order one, it may change soon.

I ordered the Spigen Rugged Armor on Amazon France, it was due to ship in January, soon after it updated my order to mid November (but on the product page the ability to add to cart was disabled).
And this morning I received an email saying it was coming next week.
But my phone is still coming late November according to Google Store.
yeah, good shout

I'll order one now

Carbon

Deploying the stealth Cruise Missile
Oct 27, 2017
Man, I want one of these but am already rocking a P4XL. Anyone upgrading from that? Is it worth it?
I also have a 4XL, and other than the curved screen which I'm less than thrilled about, I feel like the 6 Pro is a quality upgrade.

Better Main Camera and Zoom Camera (4x vs 2x)
Better Video
Brighter, even crisper screen, which is smoother @ 120hz, and does variable refresh to save on battery life (vs being stuck at 60/90hz)
Better Speakers
Double the Ram
Faster Processor
30% bigger battery
Bigger storage options
...it has other features that are "better", but those are the big ones IMO.

If you're looking at JUST the 6 though, and your 4XL is working fine, I would STRONGLY advise against upgrading unless you get it super cheap. The 6 is at best a minor spec bump and swaps the face unlock for screen fingerprint reader. Otherwise, you might as well call the 6 "4XL Mark II"

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Guessing this doesn't come with a screen protector. Anyone getting one for theirs?
I've rocked my Pixel 5 naked, & I intended to the same with this, but the glossy back has me at least thinking about getting a textured skin. Other than that, probably no screen protector.

zyxwvu4321

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely not getting mine tomorrow. FedEx still says it's scheduled, but it's following the same route/schedule as the ear buds, which took 3 days instead of 2.

Crowboy

Oct 25, 2017
Got an email from the Google Store that my Pixel 6 wouldn't be getting here by the original delivery date, which was Nov 11-12. Just checked my order and it's now saying Nov 4-5. Hmm...

hyouko

Oct 27, 2017
Got an email from the Google Store that my Pixel 6 wouldn't be getting here by the original delivery date, which was Nov 11-12. Just checked my order and it's now saying Nov 4-5. Hmm...
Mine originally said Nov 11-12, but they quietly updated it to October the next day.

I wonder if they went in and killed a bunch of bot / scalper orders?

Sheng Long

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
I decided to try the Pixel 6 Pro after all, despite my still wanting a smaller phone, wanting a headphone jack and an SD card slot.

Ordered a Cloudy White 256 Verizon model from Best Buy last night. Was supposed to arrive tomorrow with overnight shipping, but just got an email saying it won't be here until Monday.

Gonna sell my Xperia 5 II. If I don't like the 6P, I'll go back to Xperia next year. Was a little tired of waiting for the 5 III to launch so that explains my rashness of ordering last night lol.

Last edited:

TMC

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone not get the day one update with Verizon? Unlocked model, but Verizon is my carrier. Just says "Up to date". I verified build number is outdated.

Phionoxx

Oct 26, 2017
United States
So uh... When is the Pixel Stand 2nd Gen launching? I've been refreshing the store page daily. I think they've only said it wasn't going to launch at the same time but wouldn't be too far of a gap?

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Any USB C adapters should be good for the phone, right? Not like its necessary to get something else, is it?

Also does anyone have recommended cases? I usually buy whatever and don't put much thought into it but I'm curious if there a really good brand out there

Reszo

Oct 31, 2017
It's so weird a couple best buys in my area have the regular pixel 6 in stock for pickup but not the Pro.

Any USB C adapters should be good for the phone, right? Not like its necessary to get something else, is it?

You'll want a 30W usb-c adapter to take advantage of the fast charging. Otherwise, yes any usb c adapter is good.

Dante316

Oct 25, 2017
Lol...so when I was attempting to buy the phone a 2nd time I thought why not go through the pixel pass and applied for finance..the entire thing errored out but I just got the Google credit "card" in the mail 🤷‍♂️, I guess I shouldn't cancel it now...since it might ruin my credit score.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
That's slower fast charging, but it will still work.

The 30W charger is for REALLY fast charging.
Oh I didn't realize there were multiple types of fast charging. Thanks for the heads up! I'm going to try and get a couple adapters to replace a couple that I use most frequently.

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
Despite it looking similar in size as 5t, it looks taller and thinner.

Also a 64mb patch took 30 minutes to install?

Was that day one or how do I know if I have day one patch. And if I reset to factory will it be needed again.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Despite it looking similar in size as 5t, it looks taller and thinner.

Also a 64mb patch took 30 minutes to install?

Was that day one or how do I know if I have day one patch. And if I reset to factory will it be needed again.
Pixel monthly patches take a notoriously long time to install. Not sure why. If you have the November security patch you are on the day one patch. You don't have to reinstall the patch if you factory reset.

Charsace

Chicken Chaser
Nov 22, 2017
Got the phone a screen protector. Problem is the fingerprint scanner doesn't work through the screen protector.

Carbon

Deploying the stealth Cruise Missile
Oct 27, 2017
Got the phone a screen protector. Problem is the fingerprint scanner doesn't work through the screen protector.
Huh, that's weird. Did you try resetting and recalibrating the fingerprint sensor?

That would be an incredibly rookie mistake if Google didn't account for that after Samsung worked through that issue years ago.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Got my Pixel 6 Pro this aft. Upgrading from a Note 9, my trusty phone for 3 years. This phone is fab. A joy to use. This camera. Lawd.

KingBae

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, I'm worried about not using a case but all the spigen ones on Amazon UK don't deliver until mid-November
Might not be comparable since I live in the US, but I ordered one of the clear Spigen cases which had the same delivery date as yours and it ended up showing up a couple of days later. Now I have the case sitting around while the phone itself gets in late next week if not later.

Upgrading from a Pixel 2! Still going mostly strong if not for a weaker battery. I wonder if the upgrade to the 6 will feel significant. Excited either way.

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ran into a new issue. The Pixel Buds that I got for free keep disconnecting and failing the firmware update. I've made sure the case was plugged in and charging and even factory reset the buds. 🤷‍♂️

GavinGT

Sep 28, 2020
I've been using my Pixel 6 all day. I love everything about it aside from the size, weight, and fingerprint sensor. But I'll adjust to these. I wish they would add the Moto's "swipe to shrink" feature, as this solves the size issue perfectly:

SHRINKSCREEN.gif

The Pixel's "one-handed mode" is garbage by comparison. It brings the top 60% of the screen down, leaving the bottom 40% of the screen completely inaccessible. I guess it's meant to be activated so you can reach a single button and then immediately turned off. That's totally stupid:

WF3xSW6.png

By the way, I'm very happy with the case and screen protectors I got:

ArchAngel

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Unlocked 61 times with a TPU screen protector, not a single problem. So ... I like the fingerprint scanner lol
It doesn't matter to me at all if it unlocks in 0.5 seconds or 0.9 😂

Also the MiBand problems are gone now on the Pixel that I had with a Xiaomi phone. Crazy times!

But one question: I remember taking gifs with the camera on my old Google phone by holding down the shutter button. It's that function gone? It only records a clip now

Last edited:

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Loving the phone but I do have 2 questions since coming from a Samsung S10 Plus

1: How do I get the back/open app buttons to appear at the bottom of my screen

2: How do I unlock the phone via the screen protector whilst locked? Screen was off, so pitch black but it needed me to click the power button and then scan my fingerprints

Last edited:

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
I've been using my Pixel 6 all day. I love everything about it aside from the size, weight, and fingerprint sensor. But I'll adjust to these. I wish they would add the Moto's "swipe to shrink" feature, as this solves the size issue perfectly:

SHRINKSCREEN.gif

The Pixel's "one-handed mode" is garbage by comparison. It brings the top 60% of the screen down, leaving the bottom 40% of the screen completely inaccessible. I guess it's meant to be activated so you can reach a single button and then immediately turned off. That's totally stupid:

WF3xSW6.png

By the way, I'm very happy with the case and screen protectors I got:

Cool I saw those screen protector and wondered about opinions.

And I can't do gestures, I'm a navigation "buttons" on the button user.

hyouko

Oct 27, 2017
Loving the phone but I do have 2 questions since coming from a Samsung S10 Plus

1: How do I get the back/open app buttons to appear at the bottom of my screen

2: How do I unlock the phone via the screen protector whilst locked? Screen was off, so pitch black but it needed me to click the power button and then scan my fingerprints
For 1, Settings -> System -> System Navigation will let you turn the menu back on, I think. I am going to try living with gestures for a bit first.

I saw reviews saying you had to turn the screen on first before the phone can be unlocked. So I think you may need to click that power button regardless.

I tried out my Razer Kishi last night. Because of the camera band, the left side of the controller does not fit on tightly. Still sort of works, but it's not great. I may just turn my old LG into a dedicated streaming gizmo with the Kishi instead.

Last edited: