• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Merrill

Oct 27, 2017
Halifax
Ya. Such a nice and totally not homophobic guy

OxePkb9.png

EjM0tb0.png

SP5KoHN.png
We'll holy shit. Unsubscribed. What a piece of shit.

SwampBastard

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
I have not received my Pixel 6 yet, but I have already decided to return it. I was on the fence about ordering it, but I keep thinking about how much I disliked the size of my Nexus 6P and how happy I was to move to something smaller when the OG Pixel came out, so I know the size is going to bother me. Might as well send it back instead of opening it. I really don't know what Google was thinking by making both models humongous. Hopefully the 6a is a more manageable size.

zyxwvu4321

Oct 25, 2017
My order still says October 28-29, but hasn't shipped. Hopefully it'll go out soon so I can have it for going out of town this weekend.

Looking back at previous Pixel orders, my 4 shipped 10/21 and arrived 10/22 via FedEx overnight. The 2 shipped 10/23, arrived 10/25, and original shipped 10/19, arrived 10/21. So 1 or 2 days to get to me, depending on what shipping is used.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have not received my Pixel 6 yet, but I have already decided to return it. I was on the fence about ordering it, but I keep thinking about how much I disliked the size of my Nexus 6P and how happy I was to move to something smaller when the OG Pixel came out, so I know the size is going to bother me. Might as well send it back instead of opening it. I really don't know what Google was thinking by making both models humongous. Hopefully the 6a is a more manageable size.
There is no reason not to open it if you get it.

Raydonn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Congrats, this is the color I want. How does it look in person? Also it's there an option to reduce resolution to 1080P?
Still setting it up, but it looks great in person. Really premium looking and glossy!
Too bad I covered it up immediately with a case and screen protector! Gotta protect my expensive purchase!

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
To those looking at your estimated shipping dates from Google, mine stayed at October 26-27 and I didn't get a shipping notification until this morning. It shipped out this morning, October 26, via Fedex. Estimated delivery date is tomorrow. Shipped it out from Illinois. So if your estimated date is October 27-28, it will likely ship out in the morning one of the next two days. At least this is what I would look for. Then it might depend how far away from your local shipping center.

Jade1962

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Still setting it up, but it looks great in person. Really premium looking and glossy!
Too bad I covered it up immediately with a case and screen protector! Gotta protect my expensive purchase!

Lol that's my dilemma. I want a 256GB model in the sorta sunny but I know I'm going to put on a case so logically I should settle for the stormy black in 256GB but I'm in love with the sorta sunny color way.

Jonnax

Oct 26, 2017
Just got my 6 Pro and I hopped onto a video call with whatsapp and duo.
And it looks like crap.
Like super noisy in medium light
My Samsung Note 9 is quite better.

Anyone else having the same issue?
I'm wondering if it's a hardware fault

Also does the front camera not have autofocus??

Last edited:

BoboBrazil

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Y'all must not watch many Flossy videos. He used to talk like that all the time in his videos too. Those comments are old, so I think people let him know those type of comments aren't ok so he's stopped.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
I got my Pixel 6 Pro Sorta Sunny phone.

Good thing I live relatively close to all the distribution centres in Ontario!
They're out in the wild in Canada already? Nice!
Did you order from Best buy or google? My Best buy orders say they're going to be shipped "as early as October 28th". :(

BoboBrazil

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's like 2 years. I don't think the "That's just how he was when he was young" excuse is cutting it :/
Damn thought it was like 6 or 7 years ago. Still if you watch his stuff this is how he's been and used to say this stuff all the time in videos. It shouldn't be a surprise he talked the same way in comments back then. Not justifying him saying it though. It's wrong.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Damn thought it was like 6 or 7 years ago. Still if you watch his stuff this is how he's been and used to say this stuff all the time in videos. It shouldn't be a surprise he talked the same way in comments back then. Not justifying him saying it though. It's wrong.
If he randomly throws in "cocksucker go suck your boyfriends cock lol" as a funny in-joke, I honestly don't want to watch his stuff either :D

Oct 25, 2017
Very random question and definitely OT but this is the most recent thread that's tangentially related and might get me answers.

Do new gen Samsung watches tend to go on sale for BF? Want to get my gf a Galaxy Watch 4 for Christmas but no clue if it will be discounted next month. I've heard older watches get steep discounts but idk about the newest stuff.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Pro is on the way, be here Thursday, hopefully. Buds hit a snag and were delayed a day, hoping that doesn't happen with the phone.

Carbon

Deploying the stealth Cruise Missile
Oct 27, 2017
My date for the 6 Pro Cloudy White has moved from Jan 11, to Jan 4, to Dec 30, to Dec 10.

Where will it move next??!

Raydonn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
They're out in the wild in Canada already? Nice!
Did you order from Best buy or google? My Best buy orders say they're going to be shipped "as early as October 28th". :(
Google store.

Mine said Oct 26-27 from the day I ordered it. Which was Oct 19th at 3PM EST.

So I guess my order went through fine compared to some others I've read about.

Raydonn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Just so that people don't think I'm lying about getting my phone. It's still very warm from setting up though. Probably will take a few days.
(Can you tell which one was taken with a Pixel 5 and which one with the Pixel 6?!)

Raydonn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Could you just do me a huge favor & see if LDAC is in?
I don't have any headphones/earbuds that can truly test it...
(I gave my free Pixel Buds to my sister who has a Pixel 3 because I am a heathen and don't like things around/in my ear.)

But the settings sort of show it's available?

It's greyed out though. Not sure if that means it's not available or you need a headset that supports it to be plugged in first.

This site says it supports it.
www.notebookcheck.net

Google Tensor: Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro to feature dual ARM Cortex-X1 and ARM Cortex-A76 cores, no DisplayPort Alt mode supported

According to a report, the Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro will run on dual ARM Cortex-X1 and ARM Cortex-A76 cores, supported by four power-efficient Cortex-A55 cores. Both smartphones will support aptX, aptX HD and LDAC Bluetooth codecs, a feature of past Pixel smartphones. There will be no DisplayPort...

(BTW, double tap on back to screenshot is nice. I'm using way more often than I thought I would already.)

Dizastah

Oct 25, 2017

Just so that people don't think I'm lying about getting my phone. It's still very warm from setting up though. Probably will take a few days.
(Can you tell which one was taken with a Pixel 5 and which one with the Pixel 6?!)
Are you noticing it getting warm a lot with regular use? I held off on getting a s21 Ultra because of the heating issues..

Deleted member 3038

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone in the southeast got their shipping notification yet for their P6/Pro? Mine says it will arrive the 28-29th but considering the Pixel buds took 4 days to arrive I don't really believe it unless it's shipped today...

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
(I gave my free Pixel Buds to my sister who has a Pixel 3 because I am a heathen and don't like things around/in my ear.)

It's greyed out though. Not sure if that means it's not available or you need a headset that supports it to be plugged in first.

This site says it supports it.
www.notebookcheck.net

Google Tensor: Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro to feature dual ARM Cortex-X1 and ARM Cortex-A76 cores, no DisplayPort Alt mode supported

According to a report, the Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro will run on dual ARM Cortex-X1 and ARM Cortex-A76 cores, supported by four power-efficient Cortex-A55 cores. Both smartphones will support aptX, aptX HD and LDAC Bluetooth codecs, a feature of past Pixel smartphones. There will be no DisplayPort...

(BTW, double tap on back to screenshot is nice. I'm using way more often than I thought I would already.)
Yeah, you need a headset that supports it to be connected to it, but this is good. Thank you!

Raydonn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Are you noticing it getting warm a lot with regular use? I held off on getting a s21 Ultra because of the heating issues..
It was warm earlier during setup, but it has kind of cooled down now.
I'm not doing anything heavy with it though at the moment, but I would imagine it could get warm again if it needed the processing power.

Oct 27, 2017

I thought they already said 'no aptX' because that's a Qualcomm chip thing, so that selection screen with the greyed out options probably doesn't mean much.

sdijoseph

Oct 27, 2017
Google store order went from Jan 21, to Dec 18, back to Jan 21 =/. Will probably end up getting one in a Best Buy or something.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
I have a chance to buy the phone locked to Verizon from Best Buy, since the Amazon unlocked preorder won't arrive till Monday. But I am wondering if I should swallow my pride and just wait until Monday because I prefer having an unlocked phone. I feel like the bloatware on a Verizon locked phone will ruin the experience.