• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Still don't quite get how the pretty big price difference between regular and pro is realistic but it's probably going to be a pro anyway for me. Not that much of a difference when paying monthly i guess.

knight714

Oct 27, 2017
Looking forward to upgrading from my Pixel 2, but I really hope they finally allow HDMI output on this.
Samsung has great support for this and not everyone wants to buy a Chromecast just to watch stuff on a hotel tv

ginger ninja

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just give me a good camera for fuck's sake. My phone won't hold until S22 and I don't want to switch to apple's closed ecosystem just for the camera even though that's my main use of the phone.

Snarfington

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Aren't the "leaked" Pro specs pointing to more RAM, larger storage options and a faster refresh screen as well? Or have those changed?

Absolutely, I believe Pro might have a more variable refresh rate also (so able to switch down to 10FPS when on a still screen). Still, I know why I'm stepping up and it's for the zoom. Can't deal without it.

nanskee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 31, 2017
Depending on if there's a trade in deal and reviews of these phones I'll probably end up just saving my money and switching to Iphone ecosystem. Their customer service, apple watch and price of their phones are very competitive compared to android counterparts, exception being Samsung.

I'm disappointed by how gimped the base phone appears to be, hopefully the price reflects it.

Edit: just saw leaked prices and wow. If it's that good in Canada, I can live with a galaxy watch

Last edited:

Mingoguaya

Oct 30, 2017
This went from "maybe I can hold on for a good while with my OnePlus 7 Pro" to "ok, fuck it, I'm getting it on release day for sure!" with those prices. I am assuming $999 for a 256GB 6 Pro. That's amazing if true.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Still curious about

- pixel pass content & costs
- hopefully full color selection in EU
- Bose deal
- software surprises + wtf can tensor do that others can't
- accessories

and any other surprises G might bring :)

Oct 25, 2017
That price is really surprising. I assumed it was placeholder, but looks like it's been corroborated across multiple sites. Not sure how they're doing that.

Very interested to learn more about the Pixel Pass though. Does anyone know, generally speaking, Google financing is through some random bank right, so you don't use your credit card when you pay the monthly fee? I use my Chase credit card to buy all my expensive electronics because of the insane insurance/price protection they offer, so if I can't use that card it's pretty much a non-starter. I know the Pixel Pass will probably include some sort of insurance but I'm sure it's not as good/tacked on to the price rather than free with Chase.

OP
OP
GK86

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
That price is really surprising. I assumed it was placeholder, but looks like it's been corroborated across multiple sites. Not sure how they're doing that.

Very interested to learn more about the Pixel Pass though. Does anyone know, generally speaking, Google financing is through some random bank right, so you don't use your credit card when you pay the monthly fee? I use my Chase credit card to buy all my expensive electronics because of the insane insurance/price protection they offer, so if I can't use that card it's pretty much a non-starter. I know the Pixel Pass will probably include some sort of insurance but I'm sure it's not as good/tacked on to the price rather than free with Chase.

I have Google financing. It is through Synchrony bank. You make payments via your banking info.

ArchAngel

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Please Europe, don't order from German stores. Please have a deep look into the French shops!! Please!!! xD

OwensboroEsq

Oct 25, 2017
$600 Would be a crazy good price. I checked the Pixel 6 out in Phonearena's size comparison and did not realize how large of a phone it is compared to other devices. It's such a fucking shame if it turns out to be $600 because that'd make me very interested instead of getting an iPhone 13, but unfortunately, I hate big phones and the P6 being as tall as the iPhone 13 Pro and nearly as wide would make it a no go.

I just did this size comparison against my current phone and almost spit out my drink. Are those dimensions totally accurate? Was always just going to get the P6 because I like smaller phones but.... the P6 and P6 Pro look to basically be the same size. Holy crap. I might have to get the Pro....Oh wait... it's got a curved front though, right? How does that mess with cases? Never had a curved screen phone before.

Last edited:
OP
OP
GK86

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
I just did this size comparison against my current phone and almost spit out my drink. Are those dimenions totally accurate? Was always just going to get the P6 because I like smaller phones but.... the P6 and P6 Pro look to basically be the same size. Holy crap. I might have to get the Pro....Oh wait... it's got a curved front though, right? How does that mess with cases? Never had a curved screen phone before.

Yeah, I had the same reaction lol. Someone on Reddit 3D printed the new phones to compare (left to right: P5, P6, P6P, P3XL)

FA9pmrA.jpg

(top to bottom: P5, P6, P6P, P3XL)

0bNH5WZ.jpg

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
I already purchased a case and phone stand from Amazon lol.
you bought a 3rd party charging stand? but there is a new Pixel stand rumored to be announced tomorrow too I think
I'm not expecting a 512 option myself, but if it did exist then yeah it'd likely be an extra 100 for each doubling, so 1100ish for 512.
I didn't expect it when I first heard the rumor, but I am ready to go all out with buying this phone. So will preorders go up after the event tomorrow?

OP
OP
GK86

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
Target pre-order deal leaked:

vv5oOIA.jpg

As the image of the internal Target system reveals, buyers who purchase the Pixel 6 or Pixel 6 Pro and the Pixel Buds A-Series as a bundle will save $99, essentially giving them the earbuds for free. Given how favorably the new Pixel Buds fared in our review, this should definitely be a sweet deal if you wanted to get new true wireless earbuds already — or a way to make some quick money by selling them online.

iamdelirium

Nov 25, 2017
Man, I really want to get an Android phone again but I'm 100% in the Apple ecosystem (Mac, Watch, iPhone). It's the same with my social group and gf (who left Android because I had an iPhone). My tablet is an Android but its a few years old.

I wonder if I can get the Pixel 6 as my work phone since Google doesn't really support iPhones that well for their corporate stuff.

The Artisan

Oct 27, 2017
question...so once preorders for this phone go up, will we be running into a Ps5 situation where all of the units will get sold out immediately?

iamdelirium

Nov 25, 2017
Sticking with a phone you don't want because your friends use it is insane to me.
No, I like my iPhone. It's great, but I love the camera of the new Pixel. Iphone designs have gotten stale/boring IMO.

Also, iMessage is just too good. My sister literally excluded her boyfriend on a group text but he was on Android and everyone else was on iMessage in a vacation because of how bad texting is. Hopefully Apple will support RCS (I doubt it since it loses their grip on iMessage users).

SwampBastard

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
My sister literally excluded her boyfriend on a group text but he was on Android and everyone else was on iMessage in a vacation because of how bad texting is.
Your sister is an insane person. I will never understand the reverence people have for iMessage, and I say this as a former iPhone user and someone who has been using OSX/macOS as my daily driver for well over a decade at this point. I've said it before here and I will say it again: any mass market service that requires a specific brand of hardware to use is a bad service.

iamdelirium

Nov 25, 2017
Your sister is an insane person. I will never understand the reverence people have for iMessage, and I say this as a former iPhone user and someone who has been using OSX/macOS as my daily driver for well over a decade at this point. I've said it before here and I will say it again: any mass market service that requires a specific brand of hardware to use is a bad service.
Wow, you've never been in a group chat with an Android person then. One that is constantly sending message. MMS is horrible for group chats.

My girlfriend got an iPhone because SMS messages between me and her was just so bad.

Messages get dropped and photos are just bad. GIF support is horrible too.

I love Android and RCS support is getting there, but if you don't understand how good iMessage is, you don't understand how people are using it. It reminds me of the people who claim Apple Maps is good as Google Maps.

OP
OP
GK86

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
question...so once preorders for this phone go up, will we be running into a Ps5 situation where all of the units will get sold out immediately?

I have purchased a P3XL and P5 and they weren't sold out immediately. The longer you wait to pre-order, the longer you will be waiting to receive your device. That is about it.

GameAddict411

Oct 26, 2017
I have purchased a P3XL and P5 and they weren't sold out immediately. The longer you wait to pre-order, the longer you will be waiting to receive your device. That is about it.
Pixel devices are also a niche. They don't are not the next PS5 or iPhone. I doubt availability will be terrible unless Google made a very small batch of them for some reason.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pixel devices are also a niche. They don't are not the next PS5 or iPhone. I doubt availability will be terrible unless Google made a very small batch of them for some reason.
Pixel shipments generally move out to November and December pretty fast at launch at least from Google directly. This one has a lot more hype behind it as well. I expect it to sell out quickly.

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
you bought a 3rd party charging stand? but there is a new Pixel stand rumored to be announced tomorrow too I think

I didn't expect it when I first heard the rumor, but I am ready to go all out with buying this phone. So will preorders go up after the event tomorrow?
Just a $10 stand only for work. I'll probably buy the charging stand as well.

The Artisan

Oct 27, 2017
I see. So if I preorder the first day of preordering, I'll get my device immediately?
Just a $10 stand only for work. I'll probably buy the charging stand as well.
Oh okay. The charging stand does look like it will be a significant improvement over the first Pixel stand.