• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Quixzlizx

Oct 25, 2017
So the only actual differences between Pro and regular are a 4x telephoto, ultrawide selfie and 120hz display? That seems.. I don't know? Does this match up with such a significant difference in pricing, especially since the size is almost identical overall?

I do like the pro's look at this point, but that seems like.. not that much of a difference? Maybe I'm wrong.
Potentially also Face ID in one and not the other.

sirap

Oct 25, 2017
South East Asia
They're really dragging this out lol. I've counted at least 6 youtubers who let it slip/hinted that they've had it since before the iPhone launch.

Oct 25, 2017
Btw, if you sign up for Google One, you get 10% credit back on Google products. I think you need to be signed up for at least two months.

Tmo has a promo where they have 500GB/1TB for $5/$10 monthly and the first month is free.

www.t-mobile.com

T‑Mobile Offers Exclusive Google One Plan for Customers ‑ T‑Mobile Newsroom

BELLEVUE, Wash. — October 4, 2021 — As part of its ongoing collaboration with Google, T‑Mobile (NASDAQ: TMUS) today announced an exclusive Google One
So essentially you pay $20 to get 10% back? We're talking at least $105 on a Pro (possibly more), so really not a bad deal. Although not sure what I would use the $85 for on the Google Store, I guess the new Pixel Stand but my old one works just fine.

OP
OP
GK86

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
So essentially you pay $20 to get 10% back? We're talking at least $105 on a Pro (possibly more), so really not a bad deal. Although not sure what I would use the $85 for on the Google Store, I guess the new Pixel Stand but my old one works just fine.

I should have mentioned in my post that you need the 2TB plan ($10) or Tmobile's plan in order to get 10%. Google One's $3 monthly plan only gets you 3% back.

But yes, you are correct. You will net yourself around $85ish in credit. You won't get the credit right away, hence the need to sign up for 2 months. I am planning on using the credit on either the new Pixel Stand or a fabric case.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
My hope is that the lens letting a lot more light in allows them to do some wizardry and produce some level of decent star shots when handheld. Improvements on the tripod/stationary are great (and expected) but I don't lug a gorillapod everywhere and if anyone can pull off handheld astro at any level, it's El Goog.
100%, this shouldn't even be a question. This past summer I was doing some astrophotography with my Pixel 4 XL, which when put on a tripod will process an astroshot for up to 4:06 minutes. My cousin was with me and he had the Galaxy S21 I think, I put it on the tripod and without any processing time just night mode - he got a decent amount of stars in it. I was amazed.

The Pixel 6 series should at least be able to do that too without any processing time. And then there's the astrophotography mode, lol

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017
Goddamnit, this can't come soon enough, man. I want a new phone bad.

I love my Pixel 3 and I'm ready to go to the 6 Pro. Especially since they decided to bring back a dedicated top speaker instead of behind the screen.

Anyone else use their speakers more than any form of bluetooth headphones/headsets?

BarrBarr

Oct 25, 2017
Goddamnit, this can't come soon enough, man. I want a new phone bad.

I love my Pixel 3 and I'm ready to go to the 6 Pro. Especially since they decided to bring back a dedicated top speaker instead of behind the screen.

Anyone else use their speakers more than any form of bluetooth headphones/headsets?

I have the 5 and the downgrade in speaker quality was pretty shitty. I use my speakers when I'm showering, and the 3xl I had did a much better job.

Euler007

Jan 10, 2018
Still bummed that the regular pixel 6 is practically the size of a 4XL. Was looking forward to getting a smaller phone. Maybe the 6A will be it.

OP
OP
GK86

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
Some more photos:

Some photos of how it looks like in a case in the thread.

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Have to see what the Pixel Pass includes. I don't care about upgrading the phone every year. That's wasteful in my opinion. I do have Youtube Premium and Google Fi. If they somehow combined the extended warranty, Youtube Premium, and the Google Fi plan, it might be worth it.

OP
OP
GK86

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
Pixel 6 ad in Australia (video at link):

The last feature advertised is the "Most layer of hardware security." This ad closes on "The first-ever all-Google phone" and says the Pixel 6 will be available from AUD$999. The Pixel 5 was priced identically last year with 128GB of storage and that converts to $741~ today, but Google sold it for $699 stateside. An ending card notes availability at carrier Telstra, retailer JB Hi-Fi, and the online Google Store.

OP
OP
GK86

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
Pixel Watch can't possibly be a thing anymore lol

Khe2BlO.gif

Rats

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so ready for this. I cracked the screen on my Pixel 4 a week after I got it and it's only gotten progressively worse ever since. It was never enough of a problem that I wanted to shell out for a replacement, but after nearly two years it's in a pretty sorry state. There's a bubble of dead pixels near the corner that has recently started to grow more and more rapidly, a black hole that threatens to swallow up the whole screen, lol.

Two more payments and then it's time to upgrade.

Selbran

Oct 25, 2017
$600 Would be a crazy good price. I checked the Pixel 6 out in Phonearena's size comparison and did not realize how large of a phone it is compared to other devices. It's such a fucking shame if it turns out to be $600 because that'd make me very interested instead of getting an iPhone 13, but unfortunately, I hate big phones and the P6 being as tall as the iPhone 13 Pro and nearly as wide would make it a no go.

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
$600? Fuck me, I'm back to being undecided lol.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Yeah, I was on my way to getting an iPhone, then I heard about the Pixel 6 finally living up to the potential that I thought the Pixel line would be when I bought the Pixel 1. Plus, the news about Apple scanning your phone for hashes for child abuse images did not thrill me. The icing on the cake is the 5 year security updates for the 6.

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
Google needs market share so I can believe those prices. They weren't going to be selling many phones when the base pixel 6 was rumored to be like 850-900.

At 600 dollars for the base pixel 6, Google will catch the attention of non pixel fans. Which is a gigantic market, since there are only a few of us that actually own Pixel phones.

Last edited:

Reszo

Oct 31, 2017
$898 for the Pixel 6 Pro is perfect 🤩. I assumed it was going to be like $1,000 minimum