• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
where is that information listed? The pixel 4xl battery is utter trash from day one. Like even improving on that would be good enough for me.

Both are very careful to say "over a day", but for the pro it seems to peak around 30 hours, and for non-pro they state "up to 48" hours with super battery saving mode on (or whatever it's called), which both don't seem super duper promising to me in actual use.

To be clear, it sounds alright, compared to other Google hardware starts, but I expected a bit more with the size of those batteries.

GameAddict411

Oct 26, 2017

Both are very careful to say "over a day", but for the pro it seems to peak around 30 hours, and for non-pro they state "up to 48" hours with super battery saving mode on (or whatever it's called), which both don't seem super duper promising to me in actual use.

To be clear, it sounds alright, compared to other Google hardware starts, but I expected a bit more with the size of those batteries.
Yeah it's vague enough I can't really say that it indicates that the battery life is bad. I mean the best phones on the market can be killed in a few hours depending on use. So I will wait for reviews unless the preorder bonus sucks or something.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
I'm getting a bit tired of my small Xperia XZ2 Compact and looking to upgrade.
This is on my watch list, though no SD card slot absolutely sucks. And I'm kind of annoyed by the iPhone concept of selling the smaller phone with a shittier camera :/

Leak details
OP
OP
GK86

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
The page above was taken down. Here are the details:

We've already seen quite a few leaks and rumors regarding Google's latest phones, and the Carphone Warehouse pages reflect some of these while also adding new details. Here are some tidbits of information we can get from the pages:

• The Pixel 6 and 6 Pro will feature Google's Tensor processor and next-gen Titan M2 security chip.
  • Google claims the Tensor will provide up to 80% more performance compared to the Pixel 5.
  • The standard Pixel can last up to 48 hours via the Extreme Battery Saver mode.
  • "All-day" battery life with Adaptive Battery on the standard model.
  • Corning Gorilla Glass Victus on both variants.
  • IP68 water protection for both models.
  • The Pixel 6 has a 6.4-inch Smooth Display with adjustable refresh rate and high brightness mode.
  • The Pro model has a 6.7-inch 120Hz LTPO screen, capable of dropping down to 10Hz.
  • Offline translations in 55 languages.
  • 30W fast wired charging.
  • New Pixel Stand that is twice as powerful compared to the first-gen model. Up to 23W supported on Pro and up to 21W on standard phone.
  • Five years of security updates in the US.
  • The Pixel 6 Pro will have a 50MP wide lens, 48MP telephoto lens, 12MP ultra-wide lens on the back.
  • Google's standard model will offer a 50MP wide lens and an ultra-wide camera (there's no mention of the rumored 12MP resolution).
  • The new primary sensor will capture 150% more light compared to the main rear camera on the Pixel 5.
  • Pixel 6 Pro will offer 4X optical zoom, and 20X Super Res Zoom.
  • Magic Eraser, a previously rumored feature, will allow users to automatically remove certain elements from images (e.g. objects, photobombers).
  • Face Unblur will "de-blur a face to make it sharper."
  • Motion Mode lets you capture "crazy skateboarding tricks and wild beach waves in full motion."
  • Ultra-wide 94-degree field of view for the Pixel 6 Pro selfie camera. It's unclear if this will be available on the Pixel 6 too.

www.androidauthority.com

Pixel 6 Pro revealed in full via UK retailer, camera features and more detailed

UK retailer Carphone Warehouse published two overview pages detailing the Google Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro. This confirms specs and features.

Fuck it, I'm getting the Pro.

Anddo

Oct 28, 2017
The real question is, will Tensor run as hot as the SD888?
God what a nightmare.

Zeusy

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
WA
All I need now is a price for the US, any idea if they will be available through a carrier? Specifically TMobile, they tend to do trade in promotions for galaxy's and iphone's not sure about pixels.

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Pro for me as well because I got the cheaper 3aXL last time and YOLO/Fuck it since I'm turning 40 next year.

Bookoo

Nov 3, 2017
Pro for me as well because I got the cheaper 3aXL last time and YOLO/Fuck it since I'm turning 40 next year.

That's how I am feeling. I normally just buy mid-range phones, but since Motorola decided to stop really going with the Moto Z line I got a Pixel 3a a few years ago. It's really showing its age and I think I just want to go all out this time.

Raftina

Jun 27, 2020
...So the 5a is $450 for 3 years ($150 per year).
While the 6 is rumored to be $750 for 5 years ($150 per year).

The only thing to do is wait for the 6a and hope it has 5 years of support! >_>

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
The 6 Pro looks amazing. I love my S21 Ultra, but it would be really nice to have a similarly high end Android phone that has the pure Google experience.

Samsung's trade-in deals are just so good though that it's hard to leave them.

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's how I am feeling. I normally just buy mid-range phones, but since Motorola decided to stop really going with the Moto Z line I got a Pixel 3a a few years ago. It's really showing its age and I think I just want to go all out this time.
I'd probably be less likely to do this, but the 5 year support puts me more at ease. Yeah, my Pixel 3aXL can really stutter at times. 64 GB's is just not enough storage these days for my needs.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
I just wish the pro would come in similarly cool colors as the regular one, instead of those boring-ass plain black & white options. Might go for cookie color just because of that.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
6 pro here. The upgraded cameras, 120hz, 12gb ram, and 5000mah battery makes the pro worth it over the normal 6 for me.

Sober

Oct 25, 2017
Non-pro for me. I was able to hold them in person a be while back and especially coming from a 2XL, I don't want to deal with the curved screen nonsense the Pro has.

Not actually the curved screen itself but dealing with finding a decent screen protector for those things.

GravaGravity

Oct 27, 2017
My phone is on the edge of destruction at this point so I could be in the market for a pixel after hearing my coworkers rave about theirs... It's not next years generation of phones are going to be miles better than say a pixel 6 pro right?

BarrBarr

Oct 25, 2017
Any chance that they are gonna have any trade in offers for the new pixel? I don't think they had any for the pixel 5 last year here in the Uk.

OP
OP
GK86

GK86

Oct 25, 2017

www.engadget.com

'Pixel Pass' might be Google's answer to the Apple One bundle

A leak hints Google is planning a 'Pixel Pass' that would offer a Pixel 6 and a host of services for one monthly fee, rivalling services like Apple One.

Google's Pixel 6 might be notable for how you buy it, not just what it offers. Tech news veteran M. Brandon Lee claims to have leaked details of a "Pixel Pass" subscription that would bundle phone payments with an Apple One-style service bundle. Your one monthly fee would include both a Pixel 6 as well as an extended warranty, Google One, Play Pass and YouTube Music/Premium. You could attach it to Google Fi if you wanted, but there would be a version for users who want to choose another carrier.

Any chance that they are gonna have any trade in offers for the new pixel? I don't think they had any for the pixel 5 last year here in the Uk.

There was a rumor a month or two ago that Google would be offering a "better" trade-in program this time around. But considering how trash the trade-in programs have been in the past, I wouldn't hold my breathe.

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
Non-pro for me. I was able to hold them in person a be while back and especially coming from a 2XL, I don't want to deal with the curved screen nonsense the Pro has.

Not actually the curved screen itself but dealing with finding a decent screen protector for those things.

I'm guessing you didn't think the bezels on the regular 6 were that bad then? To me the 6 design just looks like a step back after the pixel 5. But I don't want the curved glass screen of the Pro either. Damn it Google, haha.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
So the only actual differences between Pro and regular are a 4x telephoto, ultrawide selfie and 120hz display? That seems.. I don't know? Does this match up with such a significant difference in pricing, especially since the size is almost identical overall?

I do like the pro's look at this point, but that seems like.. not that much of a difference? Maybe I'm wrong.

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
So the only actual differences between Pro and regular are a 4x telephoto, ultrawide selfie and 120hz display? That seems.. I don't know? Does this match up with such a significant difference in pricing, especially since the size is almost identical overall?

I do like the pro's look at this point, but that seems like.. not that much of a difference? Maybe I'm wrong.

Battery too.

GoodGamerGuy

Nov 15, 2017
Seems odd nothing mentioned for video considering a lot of the rumours were around video being game changing

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017

Well the #1 feature most people are excited about for flagship phones is usually the camera, and 4x optic zoom + ultrawide selfie seem like a good enough bait for people to upgrade to pro. At least for those which the camera is extra important to.
I just hate that they lock these features to the big ass phone. I don't really want a 6.7" one, seems too big for me

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
Seems odd nothing mentioned for video considering a lot of the rumours were around video being game changing
the video will get all of the added benefits of the new sensor, but because the Pixel series is known for taking pictures first and foremost they're probably hyping that up because of the notion that it'll reclaim the crown in mobile photography

Snarfington

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The white color is really pretty. Kinda with it was matte with black rails so it would evoke the gorgeous white P4 a bit more but hey. Pretty is pretty.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
what I want to know most is how much the astrophotography has evolved since the Pixel 4 series

OP
OP
GK86

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
Btw, if you sign up for Google One, you get 10% credit back on Google products. I think you need to be signed up for at least two months.

Tmo has a promo where they have 500GB/1TB for $5/$10 monthly and the first month is free.

www.t-mobile.com

T‑Mobile Offers Exclusive Google One Plan for Customers ‑ T‑Mobile Newsroom

BELLEVUE, Wash. — October 4, 2021 — As part of its ongoing collaboration with Google, T‑Mobile (NASDAQ: TMUS) today announced an exclusive Google One

Edit - Just to clarify, if you sign up through Google, you need the $10 a month plan in order to get the 10% credit back.

Last edited:

Fletcher

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a way to use the same phone number on two phones without switching a SIM card? I have an iPhone that I like using at times and like using a pixel at times too and am very interested in this new Pixel. My iPhone is using esim.

Snarfington

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
what I want to know most is how much the astrophotography has evolved since the Pixel 4 series

My hope is that the lens letting a lot more light in allows them to do some wizardry and produce some level of decent star shots when handheld. Improvements on the tripod/stationary are great (and expected) but I don't lug a gorillapod everywhere and if anyone can pull off handheld astro at any level, it's El Goog.