• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fatalah

Sep 17, 2021
Very happy with the Pixel 6 these days.

I hope the Pixel 7 doesn't have issues early on like the Pixel 6. C'mon Google, it's time to shine!

Last edited:

ArtemisLunar

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Jun 13, 2018
Gonna wait to I/O to update to Android 13, I have the feeling next week they gonna release another version with all the new features

ArtemisLunar

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Jun 13, 2018
I think you can learn what beta fo you have on the settings page, it should need to say something like QPR Beta 3 or Android 13
QPR Beta 3 is the Android 12 Beta with the Pixel Drop Features test and the new modem driver, not Android 13

mgfanjay

Apr 9, 2022
I won a Pixel 6 from Google Training earlier this year and I love it. Fantastic camera system in place too and I got a red case to give it an Among Us helmet vibe

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
I swear my fingerprint sensor just keeps getting worse.

Doesn't help I love in a sunny state so it hardly ever works outside, but even inside it feels like it takes forever to unlock now if it works at all.

Thankfully I have a pattern password which is honestly faster most of the time. I'm considering turning off the fingerprint sensor altogether if it keeps up like this for much longer.

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
Looking for recommendations.

Just ordered a 6 Pro. Want to get a case and a backbone type controller device. I'm looking for 2 that play nice together. The last time I had a similar setup I had to take off the case to use the controller.

Thanks

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna grab the patch if I can.

Also, does anyone have issues where when they hit the show all window button (I don't know the original name, but the square button) and it jumps to a window or 2 to the side instead of the one that was just open?

EDIT: Still not finding the patch. C'mon now...

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017
Yep. Mine lines to go left.

Baffling it's been like that since day 1.

I just don't fucking get how there are STILL lingering issues with the software. Is the Tensor that much different that simple things aren't working properly?

Also, does anyone else have phone calls for like 30 minutes and then they go garbled and end? Or is that just me and something weird with Verizon. Almost 30 minutes on the dot.

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
I don't use gestures, I use navigation buttons. If I press the square, it tries to switch to the left application. Even if I have a single app open, it will try to switch to something to the left and hang for a second.

Ah, I see. I use gestures so don't see that.

Was asking because on my old android there was gesture to see a bunch of your open recent apps. Haven't managed to find an equivalent on the 6 pro. The same gesture just shows one app at a time with the option to slide up to close it.

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ah, I see. I use gestures so don't see that.

Was asking because on my old android there was gesture to see a bunch of your open recent apps. Haven't managed to find an equivalent on the 6 pro. The same gesture just shows one app at a time with the option to slide up to close it.
That gesture shows all open apps on mine, you have to scroll left to see them all, if only one is shown it's either because you close apps or maybe you have set the phone to not keep apps in the background in the dev settings.

I mean, you don't see them all at the same time, but all are there and you can scroll through it in recent order.

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
That gesture shows all open apps on mine, you have to scroll left to see them all, if only one is shown it's either because you close apps or maybe you have set the phone to not keep apps in the background in the dev settings.

I mean, you don't see them all at the same time, but all are there and you can scroll through it in recent order.

Yeah, I can scroll through all the recent apps but it only shows one at a time, well you can see the very edge of the next one.

Surely there's a way to see more, like 6 or 9? Having to scroll through them all, you'd be better off just going to the app icon.

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I can scroll through all the recent apps but it only shows one at a time, well you can see the very edge of the next one.

Surely there's a way to see more, like 6 or 9? Having to scroll through them all, you'd be better off just going to the app icon.
Ah I see.

That's Google's choice, some brands make their own task switcher like Samsung and some have more settings.

I don't know if another task switcher can be installed.

sbenji

Jul 25, 2019
I am not surprised at 1080p on the lower end model. Although I remember that on my m7 (last and only android phone) being pretty good; granted that was a much smaller phone.

The design is really nice. I like the two tone color palette.

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
my parents and brother all have the pixel 6 and hate it due to some network disconnect bug. they lose all signal and can sometimes use wifi calling in the interim but most of the time they gotta reboot their phones to fix it

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I bought the 6 Pro when it came out. Now my work is offering to buy me a new phone and pay for service. Is the Pixel 6 (non pro) pretty decent? It's the best phone available through my work's Verizon network. I've enjoyed the Pro but will probably be selling it off.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Is the Pixel 6 (non pro) pretty decent?
It has near hardware parity with the 6 Pro besides the 120Hz display and the telephoto lens. My friend has one and let me play with it and I was genuinely surprised by how solid it is for the price, even compared to my 6 Pro.

To reply to the overall vibe of the recent conversation, I've had my 6 Pro since launch and have really enjoyed it. My history with Pixel devices has been suuuuuper bad so the 6 Pro being a good experience is refreshing, though I will likely end up skipping the 7 Pro and upgrading with the 8 Pro as Tensor matures and the 6 Pro continues to receive updates that fixes and improves stuff.

Kyra

The Eggplant Queen
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
As someone who upgraded from a S9. I am happy with my 6pro but I see places it can be improved. I think if you are used to having tip top of the line there is nothing the 6 or 6pro does that's impressive but as a cost effective upgrade it's great. It's more of a good deal than a cutting edge experience. One of my coworkers has a 6 and it's like the same damn phone for 300 dollars less.

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
As someone who upgraded from a S9. I am happy with my 6pro but I see places it can be improved. I think if you are used to having tip top of the line there is nothing the 6 or 6pro does that's impressive but as a cost effective upgrade it's great. It's more of a good deal than a cutting edge experience. One of my coworkers has a 6 and it's like the same damn phone for 300 dollars less.

I think if you're into photos that the optical zoom makes that price difference nearly worth it .