• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
Even if the detection works, it's still a better experience having it on the body because you can physically feel where to put your finger. With the on-screen reader, there's no feedback until it fails.

It actually was pretty great on the S21 Ultra as the sensor was huge. Muscle memory made it super easy to hit. But yeah totally get it.

Oct 25, 2017
Taiwan
The only thing that fails for me is somehow the keyboard pops up after minimizing discord. Type anything accidentally when it does and google app thingy starts. The FP sensor never fails me, tho muscle memory is usually quick for me.

Transistor

The Walnut King
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
I only occasionally have an issue with the FP scanner, but what I wouldn't give for an actual sensor. Does Sony have a patent on the power button scanner? Because that's such an awesome feature.

GoodGamerGuy

Nov 15, 2017
Does anybody have issues with FP on Revolut app? Most of the time I open revolut, the FP doesn't work at all til I close the app and open again.
Not sure if its a Revolut issue or P6

Cerulean_skylark

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
glad to see i am not the only one with fingerprint issues. I JUST upgraded from a pixel 1 XL and am SORELY missing the physical back fingerprint reader. The front one NEVER detects my thumb ever.

bigred50

Oct 31, 2017
I've had way more pocket dials and the answering of unwanted phone calls with my P6 Pro. Not sure why.
And like everyone else, I SORELY miss my fingerprint scanner on my Pixel3.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
One thing I realized about the fingerprint sensor is it doesn't handle finger ROTATION very well. What I mean is this: if I put my thumb on the sensor horizontally, it often will not read my right thumb. If I rotate it 45 degrees clockwise, the way I originally scanned it in, it works a lot better. This is unexpected, as it's the first phone I've had that I can recall having this kind of problem with. The fingerprint sensor is also bad at handling high humidity situations that fog up the screen, or when my hands are wet, but that at least is more understandable.

I think it's still too soon for me to buy a new phone, it's only been a few months with this one, but I can't say I'm not tempted. There are just enough problems with it that I still don't feel 100% comfortable using it as a daily driver.

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
I only occasionally have an issue with the FP scanner, but what I wouldn't give for an actual sensor. Does Sony have a patent on the power button scanner? Because that's such an awesome feature.

Nope, I have it on my Fold 3. It's really fast and I hit it way too often by accident lol. I forgot how much I missed the in screen scanner though when I got the S22 Ultra. It's better than the previous ones too on the Note 10+ and S20 Ultra that I had.

Idk why the Pixel 6 scanner is so slow considering other phones with optical scanners seem to perform much better than it.

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017
I have noticed, that while not perfect, the recent update has made my fingerprint scanner more consistent. So that's good.

Fatalah

Sep 17, 2021
So I'm on my fourth Pixel 6 because the previous 3 had screen defects.

Now I'm on the March update and I'm experiencing data connectivity issues almost as often as the problematic December update.

Forces me to turn off data and reactivate so it reconnects.

Anyone else?

DarkSora

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
I have noticed, that while not perfect, the recent update has made my fingerprint scanner more consistent. So that's good.
Really? Mine seems to have gotten worse and almost instantly stops me and makes me enter my pin instead.

I fucking hate this scanner. Bring back the backside fingerprint scanner.

Oct 25, 2017
One thing I realized about the fingerprint sensor is it doesn't handle finger ROTATION very well. What I mean is this: if I put my thumb on the sensor horizontally, it often will not read my right thumb. If I rotate it 45 degrees clockwise, the way I originally scanned it in, it works a lot better. This is unexpected, as it's the first phone I've had that I can recall having this kind of problem with.

This post made me curious as I hadn't had this problem; I tried multiple unlocks with multiple fingers, rotating a bit each time until I made it 360 degrees around and each time unlocked perfectly with no issues. I wonder if rescanning your fingerprints might help you, or if there's just some variance in the hardware used.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
This post made me curious as I hadn't had this problem; I tried multiple unlocks with multiple fingers, rotating a bit each time until I made it 360 degrees around and each time unlocked perfectly with no issues. I wonder if rescanning your fingerprints might help you, or if there's just some variance in the hardware used.

Yeah, maybe. I definitely feel like the phone has had more and more trouble recognizing my right thumb lately so I'll probably just delete and re-add (and maybe save multiple scans for the same finger).

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Y'all prefer screen protector that do or do not cover the front camera?
I prefer the ones that cover the in-screen front cameras.

The ones with little circles cut out collect dust and crap which makes it harder to keep clean and overall it just doesn't look good to me.
I also don't like feeling the cutouts, like when swiping down for the notification menu. It just doesn't feel good when you feel the cutout, at least for me.

I don't use my front camera very often, but I personally haven't noticed the quality of the camera being worse by being covered.

Oct 28, 2017
I don't use gestures.

Have a funky thing that sometimes when I tap the square switch button it changes apps to the left. Sometimes it does, sometimes not.

Is this a bug?
Just browsing this thread cos I'm interested in the 6 but I actually have this problem with my 4a5g so it seems like a dumb Pixel bug. I got so annoyed I changed to the other gesture mode instead. :/

feline fury

Dec 8, 2017
Does anybody have issues with FP on Revolut app? Most of the time I open revolut, the FP doesn't work at all til I close the app and open again.
Not sure if its a Revolut issue or P6
I don't know about this particular app but I have experienced something similar with one of my banking apps. When the app initially loads, the FP prompt comes up but the FP scanner isn't active. If I back out of the prompt and hit the FP icon, the prompt will reappear with the scanner active.

Seems like an app specific issue.

Whitemex

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Just got the phone a week ago and it keeps randomly disconnecting from my cars charger and stops android auto. Shit is annoying

M. Wallace

Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
My phone doesn't send me notifications when idle, only when using. I've searched for some fixes, nothing works. This phone fucking sucks.

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've been using a pixel 6 pro for 2 months now after only using a galaxy for the past 8 years. I gotta be honest, I miss my galaxy.

Also, ive had a system update for over 2 weeks now and it never updates. whenever i go to system update, it just says downloading and installing update forever.

ArtemisLunar

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Jun 13, 2018
After using it from December, I've encounter that each update has bringing a new bug:
1: Apple Music tends to crash randomly, when playing music, not playing anything or just stops playing without closing.
2. Gestures just don't work at times when trying to switch between apps, without any reason.
3: Double tap to wake occasionally works.
And that's it, they can get annoying, but not a very big deal breaker.

Griffith

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
After using it from December, I've encounter that each update has bringing a new bug:
1: Apple Music tends to crash randomly, when playing music, not playing anything or just stops playing without closing.
2. Gestures just don't work at times when trying to switch between apps, without any reason.
3: Double tap to wake occasionally works.
And that's it, they can get annoying, but not a very big deal breaker.

I don't use Apple Music but I haven't experienced the other bugs. The only bug I've encountered more or less consistently is having a blank screen with just the wallpaper after unlocking, though I'm not certain if I've seen that since the latest update.

The one thing I still have which is very noticeable is that when I'm making a call with a Bluetooth earphone (whether it's the Google Buds or the Galaxy Buds+), the network quality will drop IMMENSELY from 4g/3g to GPRS (2G).

I don't know if this is just a visual bug but I have had trouble talking with people very often because the network reception is not the greatest.

ArtemisLunar

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Jun 13, 2018
I don't use Apple Music but I haven't experienced the other bugs. The only bug I've encountered more or less consistently is having a blank screen with just the wallpaper after unlocking, though I'm not certain if I've seen that since the latest update.

The one thing I still have which is very noticeable is that when I'm making a call with a Bluetooth earphone (whether it's the Google Buds or the Galaxy Buds+), the network quality will drop IMMENSELY from 4g/3g to GPRS (2G).

I don't know if this is just a visual bug but I have had trouble talking with people very often because the network reception is not the greatest.
The bluetooth one is very weird, I've using my Airpods Pro and made some calls, and my signal stays strong (4G+), heck, for me it's funny because my Note 10 has started to get the same symptoms that some people are getting with their P6P with the signal loss and not getting data or calls.
I guess my luck directed those faults to my old phone somehow, lol.

Griffith

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The bluetooth one is very weird, I've using my Airpods Pro and made some calls, and my signal stays strong (4G+), heck, for me it's funny because my Note 10 has started to get the same symptoms that some people are getting with their P6P with the signal loss and not getting data or calls.
I guess my luck directed those faults to my old phone somehow, lol.

I've noticed the signal quality dropout with three different bluetooth headsets the Sony h.ear on 2, Google Buds A+ (whatever weird name they call the latest ones) and Galaxy Buds+. It is weird but it may be an issue only observed on certain bands, I live in Europe so your mileage may vary.

Sacrilicious

Oct 30, 2017
I've been waiting for a 6 Pro discount for months now, and the Fi deal finally came around.

How is the software situation these days? Have the issues mostly been resolved or is it still iffy?

Also, I'm open to a referral if anyone here is a Fi subscriber (just DM me). (nvm)

Last edited:

ArtemisLunar

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Jun 13, 2018
TBH even if I have some minor issues, the P6 can still be a a roulette, can be the best device on your hands, or the most miserable piece of technology ever created.

mauaus

Oct 25, 2017
Been having lots of random reboots on pixel 6 pro, installed the 13 beta and so far its been pretty solid, no reboots so far 4 hours in...

Deleted member 3896

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've been toying with finally picking up a 6 to replace my 3 (R.I.P. updates) but wondering if I should wait to see the 6a specs and/ or see if there's a price drop with the regular 6 with i/o...

Suichimo

Mar 17, 2021
I've been waiting for a 6 Pro discount for months now, and the Fi deal finally came around.

How is the software situation these days? Have the issues mostly been resolved or is it still iffy?

Also, I'm open to a referral if anyone here is a Fi subscriber (just DM me).

I've been wondering about this as well. Fi has the option of the 22 Ultra or the Pixel 6 Pro for the same monthly payments and I need to switch off of my Pixel 5 because the battery has been bloating, it's bad enough the screen came off of the body a couple months back.

As for a referral, I'll go ahead and send mine.