• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 31133

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
OP.

I went through a dark period last year and really thought about ending it. I turned it around and turned my life around.

I don't know what the situation is, but it cannot be worth taking your own life. Let's talk about this. We're hear to listen

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sorry I was too weak
Let me tell you a secret.

We're all weak.

We're all pathetic little creatures in a world that's beyond what we can deal with.

Don't see it as a bad thing, because together we're stronger. Don't put yourself down, and people will be willing to listen to you, no matter how much you hate yourself right now.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
We're all here for you Melody. You're not weak at all. Especially if after all this you have held on. As someone who goes through depression daily it's hard. And I can't even say that I know how you feel because your depression is different than mine.

I may not be good with words, but I know that you're an amazing person and that people here in this forum and others nearby care for you. We love you. Please don't take the other way out. If you need to vent then let us know! We're here to listen. I may not know you personally but you're just as important of a person to me.

Aranea

Oct 25, 2017
Please do not go through with it, we're more than willing to give you our time if you want to talk about your problems

Oct 25, 2017
Hull, England
Melody Shreds you are not weak at all, the fact that you made this thread proves the opposite, making this thread was very brave and we all care about you, we may not know you on a personal basis but we do care so very much, any one of us will chat with you about anything.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
Melody, I don't know you. But I do know that you are strong. You are living in a terrible time right now. Life sucks for everyone. We're all fighting. And the last thing we can do right now is give up. I wish people were better. I wish that I could take your pain away. But I can't. The fact that you made this topic means you want people to know about your pain. It means that deep down a part of you wants to stay alive. You've got tons of people here pulling for you. So tell yourself, one more second. Then one more minute, then day. Keep putting it off. Because people love you more than you know.

Oct 25, 2017
Milwaukee, WI
Just leave me alone I don't know why I made this fucking topic anyway

Human brain is super complex. I can't explain it or prove it but it feels like an alarm system. Cause the idea is always really fucking scary, even when things are bleak.

I'm just saying, this topic is a very good thing. Everyone posting on it is glad you made it and it's obvious people are here to listen. And not in some obnoxious way, but because a lot of us HAVE been there. Trust me, I'm on meds right now.

Just saying, I know what it's like when nothing works. Straight up, no lie, shit actually can get better. And the funny part is most of my circumstances are the same, just my thinking is better. It's is fucking liberating. It's like heaven.

I'm not here to make shallow promises. You can love life again, let's chat and see how we get there. In the meantime, don't do anything dangerous. Seriously, ya got nothing to lose and everything to gain. You're in a very advantageous position! And obviously you don't have to talk to me if ya dont wanna, but you could always drop a few questions on here or just talk a bit about how your feeling.

Heck, you can reply tomorrow if you need to. Or next week. Or whenever. Ain't no time limit on this offer :)

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
Please don't harm yourself. I just had a scan due to an kidney stone I was passing and they may have discovered cancer. I have an MRI Monday to determine whether I live or die. Today is my 12 year wedding anniversary and my wife and I have spent it worrying and crying, planning for our children's future. I've never wanted to live more than I do right now.

Life is precious. You are important. Stay here.

pochi

Oct 25, 2017
Been there OP.
Things will get better and good things will come.
It may not happen today or tommorow but it will definitely come.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Does that mean he/,she is okay?

She.

I'm waiting for confirmation myself, but the person I reached out to can get a hold of Melody and her family. I have an idea of what this is about, and I'm definitely not mad, nor do I hate her at all. I've also reached out to Melody myself, so hopefully she'll respond to me soon.

Oct 25, 2017
She.

I'm waiting for confirmation myself, but the person I reached out to can get a hold of Melody and her family. I have an idea of what this is about, and I'm definitely not mad, nor do I hate her at all. I've also reached out to Melody myself, so hopefully she'll respond to me soon.

It's almost midnight where I am right now, so I might be heading offline in a bit, but I desperately hope we hear back from Melody and that she's alright.

Thank you so much for reaching out to someone who can provide us all with an update on the situation.

I am a Bird

Oct 31, 2017
Hey please don't do anything, I was in that same place as you. Please don't do anything we are all here with you.

Astral

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Give it one more day. Every day.
I like this. It helped me a lot when I was really depressed. "Maybe tomorrow will be better." It's really easy to get too in your head about things when you're thinking about the past or about the uncertainty of the far future. Taking things one day at a time, or even one hour at a time, can make living just a bit more manageable and less overwhelming. Hang in there Melody. I hope you're ok.

Makoto Yuki

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017

Thank you for being there. I don't know what else to say other than I hope for the best.

Melody! We are here for you! Sophia is here for you!

Thank you Sophia.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
She.

Glad to hear you're reaching out. Been looking at her twitter every so often since I saw this thread hoping to see some post from her. :(

The Benz

Oct 27, 2017
Stay with us, please. We want you here. We'll get through this and things will be alright.

Kodama4

Oct 25, 2017
OP you are not weak or alone. Look at all the people replying to you!! Don't give up

Rika

Oct 30, 2017
USA
Stay with us OP, please. I also sent you a DM offering some support and someone to vent/rant to. I'm usually the type of person for that! I also am seeking to be a volunteer for CheckPoint and other mental health orgs so people can vent/rant or discuss their issues with me or others in Discord or elsewhere.

neon/drifter

Shit Shoe Wasp Smasher
Apr 3, 2018
I'm weak too. But together, we aren't so weak.

I'm here. I'm hanging on too. Don't let go. Don't.

This feeling will pass. And yes it'll come back. That's our demon. Our demon. You don't go it alone. You don't have to. I'm sorry our demon is occupied with you at the moment, but hold still and it will get bored with you.

We'll be ok. Stay here. Make it lose this battle.

Useyourfist

Oct 13, 2019
Hey OP, stumbled on your thread not knowing what it would be about. But it's reassuring to see such a positive community reach out to you. Please make contact with anyone you feel connected to, or the numbers shared before. Message anyone from this thread for a random conversation, I'm sure you'll get a response. The connecting can be something that helps on many levels.

hjort

Nov 9, 2017
She.

Just wanted to say thank you for reaching out to Melody and for updating us. I hope things are alright.

Pororoka

Nov 1, 2017
MX
It's darker before the sun rises.

Respond to anyone anytime you want, I will more than pleased to talk with you of anything! And thank you Sophia for reaching her. Keep us updated please.

Ghgghggh

Banned
May 2, 2018
You can do it girl. Legions of people feel the way you do. You are not alone , promise. Be strong , you have a world of strength backing you up. There will plenty of time to explore the next world , stay in this one as long as you can please

Seaneko

Jun 11, 2020
California
She.

Thank you for updating us and for being her friend. I hope she's okay.

zooj

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ames, IA
Mental Health is an absolute juggernaut to deal with sometimes, especially with as much going on in the world as there is right now.

You are stronger than you think, and know that you don't have to walk through it entirely alone. Reach out to friends or any of us, we're good listeners. <3

TeaberryShark

Feb 8, 2019
OP, for a period of about 10 years I went through absolute hell. I had an abusive spouse who was a narcissist with BPD, they cheated on me, beat on me, made me feel like it was all my fault, they used me and abused me. About midway in, maybe year 5 or 6 I developed debilitating harm OCD and terrible panic/anxiety disorder. I lived with this on top of the abuse and everything else. I was trapped, I was constantly in fear... It was literally hell. But i heard someone somewhere say "if you're going through hell, don't stop there, you keep going". So I finally broke the chains of that abusive relationship (we had a child and it was a mess, and it took several tries and several fails) and I began the road to recovery. I rediscovered who I used to be, and with the experiences I gained, who I now was.

I have to tell you this, I am now and not just bullshitting you, i am now the happiest I HAVE EVER BEEN. Because of the hell I went through with that other person, I learned a great deal. Not the least of which was how to respect myself, how to care for myself and how to love myself and this is important because thanks to those lessons, and thanks to understanding what abuse is, what gaslighting is, I also learned how to be a better man. I learned how to treat someone I loved with respect, with care, I learned how to let go and let my significant other be a partner in my relationship and not an object for my affections and thanks to that I am now with the most beautiful, most perfect love of my entire life. And even though she is a treasure to me, I know that should she have a change of heart, I'll be ok... I've been through worse and I know who I am, I'll come out with more.

Thanks to the peace I have now, I am better off financially, my child has a better home life and has peace, my anxiety and ocd are almost completely gone for two reasons, the change of environment and some strict dieting (I believe I had some gnarly food allergies that finally sent me over the tipping point) and once I got them under control things began to fall in to place...

I am telling you this because IT GETS BETTER, but it never will if you don't let it, if you don't try it. So OP PLEASE, if you're going through hell, KEEP GOING.

Status
Not open for further replies.