• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
I'm rewatching the Golden Age now and I'm itchin' for some good games.

As far as I know, Hit and Run is the best received, but it just looks like Crazy Taxi with a skin?

What are the best games, the best ways to play them these days, and why do you recommend them?

AFI-kun

Oct 31, 2017
Simpsons Hit & Run, only second to Sleeping Dogs as best open world crime simulator.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
but it just looks like Crazy Taxi with a skin?
More like GTA, lol.

I'd say the best Simpsons game that isn't Hit and Run is Road Rage. Now that's a Crazy Taxi clone right there.

Really wish we got the E3 version of the game, looks league better than the final retail release.

Shoe

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm rewatching the Golden Age now and I'm itchin' for some good games.

As far as I know, Hit and Run is the best received, but it just looks like Crazy Taxi with a skin?

What are the best games, the best ways to play them these days, and why do you recommend them?
Road Rage is the Crazy Taxi clone. Hit and Run is a GTA parody, and is fantastic.

Donsonite

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Simpsons: Hit & Run was the shit, it's definitely worth looking into for a good Simpsons game. And there's quite a bit of on-foot gameplay, so a bit different than Crazy Taxi.

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
Both Road Rage and Hit and Run are really good. The Simpsons Movie game was pretty good as well. I played that quite a bit on Xbox 360. But I probably put hundreds of hours into Road Rage. That and NBA Street were the first two games I owned on PS2, and played them constantly.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Other than Hit and Run...? I remember really liking the arcade game, but that might just be from nostalgia from when I was a kid, and it's not available on the XBL Marketplace anymore, anyways.

out_of_touch

Oct 25, 2017
You can't go wrong with the arcade game for Konami beat-em-up goodness. The Simpsons Game released in 2007 reviewed very well, I never had the chance to play it :(

EndlessNever

Oct 25, 2017
Hit & Run is so damn good, and probably one of the best licenced games in general. I remember sinking in a stupid amount of hours into it when younger.

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
The Simpsons Arcade Game

The Simpsons Hit and Run

The Simpsons Game(2007)

The Simpsons Road Rage

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
I've got PS2 versions of road rage and hit & run in my closet

Trying to will the PS5 to have BC

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
TSAG_DOS_front.jpg

The_Simpsons_Hit_and_Run_cover.png

s-l300.jpg

220px-NES_Krusty%27s_Fun_House.jpg

Timppis

Banned
Apr 27, 2018
Tapped out is the only good Simpson game I can come up with.

And Lee Carvallo's Putting challenge of course.

Deleted member 11421

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Other than Hit and Run...? I remember really liking the arcade game, but that might just be from nostalgia from when I was a kid, and it's not available on the XBL Marketplace anymore, anyways.

Nah even a lot of non-Simpsons fans liked that one, it was just fun.

But yeah I do wish Konami renewed these games again (X-Men too for instance) for them to be made BC. Still sad that arcade room thing never gave us the promised Sunset Riders.

MDSVeritas

Gameplay Programmer, Sony Santa Monica
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
A lot of people here have already said Simpsons Hit and Run, so I'll offer up...

Simpsons. Hit. And. Run.

It's so much damn fun.

MrBadger

Oct 27, 2017
I've not played it in a while but I really enjoyed the movie game. The gameplay is fairly standard but the writing is excellent

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
Never got to play the 360 game but I really wanted to. Hit and Run was a blast to play when I was like 11.

JangleLuke

Oct 4, 2018
The 2007 game was legitimately great. And kinda open-world. Also one of the funniest games I've ever played.

AFAIK the open-world parts are exclusive to the PS3 and 360 versions, The PS2 version (the one I grew up with) has a handful of enclosed hubs to select levels. (Also applies to the Wii one)

I personally recommend it, a lot.

ZiggyPalffyLA

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Los Angeles, California
AFAIK the open-world parts are exclusive to the PS3 and 360 versions, The PS2 version (the one I grew up with) has a handful of enclosed hubs to select levels. (Also applies to the Wii one)

I personally recommend it, a lot.

I had no idea! I played it on the 360. That Land of Chocolate level was sooo good. And the final battle
DDR against God
was perfect.

I'll never understand why this game doesn't get more love.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
Hit & Run was great! It was actually backwards compatible on the Xbox 360 but it never hit Xbox One :/

Never got around to play the 360 game although I have heard mixed things about it.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'd kill for a new Hit and Run with the Simpsons Game artstyle and a bigger scope.

Unfortunately, the brand's shackled to the drowned corpse that is Tapped Out, and I don't see EA going for anything that ambitious nowadays.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Hit and Run is one of those games that I loved, but I'm kinda cautious about revisiting it, because I feel like it won't have aged all that well.

The Simpsons Game is probably the best/in my own opinion only truly good Simpsons related thing since like season 13.

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
Bart vs the Space Mutants is really fun, but it's incredibly difficult.

Oct 27, 2017
Bart vs the Space Mutants is really fun, but it's incredibly difficult.

It's really front-loaded too. The first level is pretty good, with each purple object involving a mini-puzzle to hide or paint it, but in the subsequent levels, you're just collecting stuff. I wonder how many people actually got past that first level, as like you say, it's ball-bustingly hard (mostly because it controls so poorly).

Gakidou

Oct 30, 2017
pip pip cheerio fish & chips
My little sister used to have VIRTUAL SPRINGFIELD on the PC. It'd probably be dead weird and hilarious to go back to.

Not a lot of people seem to remember the generation of IMMERSIVE P&C SIM games that were huge on early windows. There's so many obscure licensed titles and they all have dodgy bespoke traditional style animations. Virtual Springfield was honestly one of the most elaborate and impressive ones of this genre that I can recall.

honest_ry

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
The Simpsons game that came out last gen (titled The Simpsons) has a ton of charm and enjoyable moments. If you are a fan of the show then you will enjoy it.

Theres tons of neat game references in it as well.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My little sister used to have VIRTUAL SPRINGFIELD on the PC. It'd probably be dead weird and hilarious to go back to.

Not a lot of people seem to remember the generation of IMMERSIVE P&C SIM games that were huge on early windows. There's so many obscure licensed titles and they all have dodgy bespoke traditional style animations. Virtual Springfield was honestly one of the most elaborate and impressive ones of this genre that I can recall.

I played this game though it was barely even that. You basically just went to random famous spots from The Simpson's and would click around the scene till you exhausted all the options and then moved. There were some slight puzzle aspects but they rarely ever went anywhere. It was pretty bare bones.