• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

GK86

Oct 25, 2017

Link.

The Boynton Beach Police Department wants to find all the Good Samaritans who sprang into action on May 5 when a woman suffered a medical episode while driving on Woolbright Road.

Shout out to that woman that sprung into action.

Also shout out to the dude that thought he could bust through the window with his fist.

Oct 25, 2017
Omg bless that woman who ran right into traffic immediately recognizing the situation. Really heartwarming to see. What a tense sight.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
I guess I'm a glass half-empty person because I noticed how many people just continued driving off, particularly the car who was basically right next to where everything was happening.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
That person in the white car that just moved out of the way to make sure their paint didn't get scratched, while the woman desperately pleaded for help. Why did that piss me off?

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
I see heroes, then I see a whole lot of fucking cowards.

Things people should keep in their cars: the little tool that punches through windows, and a portable battery jumper

lake

Oct 27, 2017
That gave me a rare boost of positive feeling.

I'm surprised how long it took to break a window or otherwise get into the car.

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
They make window breaking devices for emergencies like this. It's like a small plastic pickaxe with a special metal/diamond/ceramic tip.

Also why are we getting upset at people that didn't help, who may have either not understood what was happening or they already saw others helping, or couldn't handle the stress and anxiety of the situation? Unless there's 4K footage of them rolling their eyes maybe don't think about it too much?

Prax

Oct 25, 2017
I heard headrests can detach and the metal poles they are on can specifically be used to break windows in case of emergencies.

OP
OP
GK86

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
They make window breaking devices for emergencies like this. It's like a small plastic pickaxe with a special metal/diamond/ceramic tip.

Also why are we getting upset at people that didn't help, who may have either not understood what was happening or they already saw others helping, or couldn't handle the stress and anxiety of the situation? Unless there's 4K footage of them rolling their eyes maybe don't think about it too much?

That white car is definitely an asshole.

Hoggle

Mar 25, 2021

Might also have helped an ambulance get through if some traffic kept moving.

I've been in a similar situation and most cars moved up the road a few hundred meters and then pulled over. And then ran around panicking. And I could have done with less people coming over and asking what they could do because in my head I was shitting myself and trying to remember my very limited first aid training.

Last edited:

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
Might also have helped an ambulance get through if someone traffic kept moving.

I've been in a similar situation and most cars moved up the road a few hundred meters and then pulled over. And then ran around panicking. And I could have done with less people coming over and asking what they could do because in my head I was shitting myself and trying to remember my very limited first aid training.

I remember talking to someone that was an EMT a while back and she said people that aren't capable of helping need to stand clear and resist the urge to run up and be in the way, especially if other people are already with the person/people.

And you're right giving the situation space for ambulance, police, etc is the best move drivers could make unless, again, they're absolutely capable of helping.

As for my specific comment about stress etc, if I so much as see police lights in my rear view mirror my blood runs cold and I have a borderline panic attack. I'm not personally fit to respond to these kinds of situations. I can absolutely pull over somewhere and call 911 though.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I guess I'm a glass half-empty person because I noticed how many people just continued driving off, particularly the car who was basically right next to where everything was happening.

EMTs would rather most people get out of the way after the initial incident. Having everyone just jump out of their cars to stand around and stare isn't going to do much except cause a traffic jam. This isn't even getting into the fact they might have kids in their car they can't just leave in the middle of the road, have a disability, etc.

Last edited:

Prax

Oct 25, 2017
Yep. They work exceptionally well. Not good if you're outside the car tho lol
lol well it would be for another driver helping get this one out or other similar emergencies happen.

I think it's understandable not everyone at the scene is going to jump in to help. Some people would just get in the way. Everyone should know their limits.