• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I need to get better at understanding Quebec French, so I thought I'd hit this site up to see what you all have for suggestions!

Extra Sauce

Oct 27, 2017
my favorite stuff is classic sketch/faux-news comedy shows like 100 Limite, Taquinons la Planète, La Fin du monde est à 7 Heures and Chick'N Swell.

but that might not be very helpful. sorry.

Série noire seemed cool but I no longer had cable so only ever saw the first two episodes.

Last edited:

Sylvestre

Banned
Mar 20, 2020
Shows :

C'est comme ça que je t'aime
Série noire

Podcast :

Les pires moments de l'histoire

Cilidra

A friend is worth more than a million Venezuelan$
Oct 25, 2017
Ottawa
'Les Parent' was a pretty good humor show. It a type of sit com where there is small events of everyday life. There is a lot of episodes

Pedrito

Nov 4, 2017
You're in luck. Both all-time classics of Québec TV are on YouTube:

Lance et Compte - 80s series about a fictional professional hockey team in Quebec City. Even if you don't care about hockey, it's really entertaining and well made, and probably had a higher budget in the 80s than shows made today.
The first three seasons are great. They revived the show in the 2000s, but it was fairly mediocre.

Les Filles de Caleb - High quality period drama set in rural Quebec. Also very high production value compared to the usual Québec shows.

MrToughPants

Oct 30, 2017
Le Dernier Chapitre - The Last Chapter
2 Freres - Easily the best Quebec show
Fort Boyard
La P'tit Vie
Les Boys (movie series)
Bleu Nuit 😏

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Les Aventures du Pharmachien is sadly behind a paywall, but tou.tv (a Radio-Canada restream service) is unlocking a new S4 episode every week (to promote season 5 which just started). So far there are 2 episodes available, with the 3rd one next week, etc. It's also available on Curio, so if you're a student or teacher you might get more free episodes.

ici.tou.tv

La fertilité 3 | Les aventures du Pharmachien | ICI TOU.TV

Les aventures du Pharmachien dissèquent les fausses vérités et les croyances populaires en santé avec un humour incisif. Inspirée du blogue à succès, la série se penche chaque semaine sur un questionnement du pharmacien Olivier Bernard, alias le Pharmachien.

You don't need previous seasons, each episode is self-contained. They are educational mini-documentaries on health and science topics, especially dismantling myths surrounding pseudo-science, with quirky humour but really solid and well-researched science. Highly recommended.

The producer is a real-life pharmacist and cartoonist who has really good articles that mix humour and science.

Le Pharmachien - par Olivier Bernard, pharmacien (B.Pharm, M.Sc, FOPQ)

par Olivier Bernard, pharmacien (B.Pharm, M.Sc, FOPQ)

Chakoo

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto, Canada
+1 on Série noire.

Actually I need to go back and watch the second season (it had just came out a bit after I saw the first one and I forgot to go back and watch it).