• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Raigor

May 14, 2020

Arkane Austin Magnum Opus and one of the best games of this generation and today is Monday, March 15th.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Loved the intro and early twist to this game. Gave me the same vibes I had playing Half-life for the first time all those years ago.

Great game, even if I didn't like the combat.

Luke_wal

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, that's really fun! I'm surprised I haven't seen Arkane/Xbox making a bigger deal of this on social media. I got most of the way through this game last year but dropped off at a late game difficulty spike. I'm planning on diving back in when the FPS Boost update hits - I can't wait!

Bovandy

Aug 15, 2019
The weird thing about this post is that I just started playing this yesterday since it's on GamePass now. I didn't catch that the date was March 15 though.

Kitschy Kitty

Oct 25, 2017
Literally just completed my 5th or so playthrough minutes ago, different set of achievements on pc game pass vs console so I wanted to give it another run through. Just an amazing game that really shows its depth with multiple playthrough. Truly an amazing game, one of the best of the generation, I hope more people can discover it now on game pass.

skeptem

Oct 25, 2017
I remember being so disappointed when they dropped the aesthetic of the Prey reimagining for this....then I played this game and it was all kinds of amazing. One of the most fun and interesting games in recent years.

Still need to try the DLC.

monali

Mar 8, 2020
I really need to play Mooncrash, the only Arkhan produced game/expansion I didn't get around to playing it this generation.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
I'll fight for this game and Dishonored any day. They are so so fantastic and I'll be there day one for anything they make. I really hope they can continue with this quality under Microsoft. There are just so many details and nearly every bit of exploration is rewarded in some way.

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
Might be one of my favorites of last gen. Easily my favorite Arkane game as well.

Mooncrash is great too. Rougelites and immersive sims go together pretty well as it turns out.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
Perfect OP.

I'm playing Thief right now and sometimes I find myself thinking of Prey (and Dishonored, and System Shock), in the sense that it's the current culmination of that style of games (alongside Dishonored 2).

skeptem

Oct 25, 2017
I'll fight for this game and Dishonored any day. They are so so fantastic and I'll be there day one for anything they make. I really hope they can continue with this quality under Microsoft. There are just so many details and nearly every bit of exploration is rewarded in some way.
I would have never thought this would beat Dishonored for me, but it just eeks past it.

Altrich

Apr 5, 2018
a true immersive sim with
1) an interesting story, world building and twists,
2) great and varied locations / set pieces,
3) competent combat with meaningful skill progression, and
4) enjoyable puzzle/ environmental puzzle/ mysteries to solve

Really hit the spot for me, I would love to see a sequel with better encounter design, better control, more enemy varieties, more choices that affect the playthrough and maybe more living NPCs.. but ofc we prolly won't see one...

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Happy PREY day, y'all!

And for those of you who haven't played it but have Game Pass, now is the time to fix that. 😎