• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
PCRmfI3.jpg

A 51-year-old woman who served as the gestational carrier for her daughter and son-in-law gave birth to her granddaughter.

Julie Loving, 51, delivered a healthy baby girl in an Illinois hospital on Nov. 2 with her daughter, Breanna Lockwood, by her side.

The newborn, named Briar Juliette Lockwood, is the first child for Lockwood and her husband, Aaron, who are the baby's biological parents.

"It was definitely a surreal process," Lockwood told "Good Morning America" about Briar's birth. "All the feelings came at once, just watching my mom go through everything and all she's done for me and is continuing to do."

"Struggling with infertility was the hardest thing I've ever had to go through," Lockwood told "GMA" earlier this year. "When you have a plan for your life and then something like infertility gets in the way, I felt like I couldn't see what I pictured anymore, that it could be taken away from me."

Lockwood's doctor, Brian Kaplan of Fertility Centers of Illinois, suggested finding a family member or friend to act as her gestational carrier. Going through an agency can cost more than $100,000, according to Kaplan.

"My mom came with me as my support person and she brought up that she wanted to carry," recalled Lockwood. "When [Kaplan] met her I could tell that he was really starting to think about it as a possibility, but he didn't tell us yes right away. There were a lot of hoops we had to jump through to make it possible."

Adding to Lockwood's and Loving's unique story is the fact that Loving's pregnancy was confirmed about one week before the country largely shut down due to the coronavirus pandemic.

More at:
www.goodmorningamerica.com

51-year-old woman gives birth to her granddaughter

Julie Loving, the gestational carrier for her daughter, delivered a healthy baby girl.

Make me pay $100,000 if old

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Good way to save the money, and I feel for the couple -- it must be devastating being told you can't start a family when you really wanted to.

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Not what I expected clicking on the thread. That's pretty cool tbh.

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad they were able to do this. Have a friend who's going through this now and it takes a toll. Wife and I will be starting soon as well.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
Huh, I would've thought a 51 year old's pregnancy would still be risky even with a younger embryo.

Science is fascinating.

Carbon

Deploying the stealth Cruise Missile
Oct 27, 2017
Not sure why people thought this was a click-bait title. There's literally only one way for a grandmother to give birth to a granddaughter. Otherwise she would just be the mother.
Cool and heartwarming story, and it's rare for a grandmother of this age to do something like this.

hordak

Oct 31, 2017
Anaheim, CA
first thing i thought of.

Sr8TLjF.jpg

but seriously that is hardcore lovem, willpower and generosity that your mom was willing to bear your child at the age of 50.

Oct 27, 2017
This sort of click bait title should be bannable. I keep seeing shit like this on the forum. Why do people keep doing this? Do kids these days know nothing but click bait headlines?

Br3wnor

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This sort of click bait title should be bannable. I keep seeing shit like this on the forum. Why do people keep doing this? Do kids these days know nothing but click bait headlines?

It's not click bait in a bad way, there are no lies in the thread title and it got more people to click it and turned out to be a pretty cool story, no harm no foul IMO. Good on the mom, hell of a sacrifice to make for your own kid, though I know the gift of grandkids is like heroin to older people so probably worth it for her. I know both our sets of parents are freaking the fuck out w/ their first grand kid coming next month.

Oct 27, 2017
It's not click bait in a bad way, there are no lies in the thread title and it got more people to click it and turned out to be a pretty cool story, no harm no foul IMO. Good on the mom, hell of a sacrifice to make for your own kid, though I know the gift of grandkids is like heroin to older people so probably worth it for her. I know both our sets of parents are freaking the fuck out w/ their first grand kid coming next month.
I'm not really commenting on this thread specifically...but more generally. We complain about the state of the world, news, social media, and disinformation. One of the biggest contributors is misleading click bait headlines. We need to practice what we preach.