• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The Shaman King GBA game that was basically a Castlevania, veery tight game.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
Underrated Gems
220px-Gungrave_Coverart.png

The anime is based on the game, not the other way around

GlitchyDegree

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Dec 4, 2017
Another vote for the Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme Vs series. The first game on PS3 was my first import, and quickly became a favorite among me and my friends.

Also, it had a Linkin Park song as the opening so it gets a bonus point for that.

Yep

Dec 14, 2017
Jump ultimate star on DS is one of the best platform fighter there

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
I really enjoyed the movement in Attack on Titan 2. I didn't play expansion but going through the story as a generic character creator who learns skills from all the others was pretty cool. Seems like it was not popular though.

Oct 27, 2017
images

Kaettekita Cyborg Kuro-chan for PSX, based on the manga/anime. A pretty good Contra-like deal (made by Konami and all). I kinda like the stat/weapon upgrade system and the music is good. Loved playing it coop.

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
I started to think about that, but its not that easy to remember good ones
i remember i enjoyed these games:

bishoujo senshi sailor moon for the snes
bishoujo-senshi-sailor-moon-another-story.1.png

magic knight rayearth also for the snes
about_battle.gif

and medabots for the gba
DV__UBxXcAEvxxe.jpg
Our gba Medabots RPG was a remake of Medarot 2. The anime was based on the that game.

PeterThePanda

Jun 10, 2020
Spain
The Pirate Warriors Series.

They may be musou games through and through , but goddamn the world , the characters and the crazy as shit powers of One Piece fit like a glove to that genre.Never though a pairing like that would do such magic.

I mean , Just look at those special moves.LOOK AT THEM!!!!

Leeway

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver, BC
Sword of the Berserk: Gut's Rage on Dreamcast!

guts-fight.gif
I enjoyed this back in the day, but I've always wanted to play the PS2 game which was never released here. Based on everything I've heard it's a superior game.

edit: has anyone played that Berserk musou game? I've heard mixed things. But I suppose it's a basic musou game so I kinda know what to expect.

KayonXaikyre

Oct 27, 2017
I enjoyed this back in the day, but I've always wanted to play the PS2 game which was never released here. Based on everything I've heard it's a superior game.

edit: has anyone played that Berserk musou game? I've heard mixed things. But I suppose it's a basic musou game so I kinda know what to expect.

I'll have to look into that. I remember back in the day I was looking forward to it but I just remember never getting to play it.

Efejota

Mar 13, 2018
The One Piece Unlimited series on the Wii was amazing. You controlled all 9 characters at once and each character had their own life/special bars to upgrade and moves to unlock and level up.
You had these giant seamless maps to explore, beat enemies, unlock and level up moves, find materials for crafting tools and stat boosting food and medicine, as well as bridges and ladders to access new areas and secret bosses. And you had motion control fishing to top it all off :) You could even keep the fish on the ship's tank to see them swimming around.

iu

iu

iu

iu

iu

They even linked the two Cruise games so all the progress you made leveling up the characters on episode 1 while waiting for episode 2 went straight into the second game, so you could take on a harder difficulty knowing that you were prepared for it. Just compare the life/special bars on the screenshots.

Then they released that 3ds game, World RED. It was fine, but the multiplayer focus made them ditch all that content geared toward a singleplayer experience and made it a lesser experience for me, sadly. It's still worth playing imo, but once you finish an area you don't have much reason to go back, unlike on the Wii games where I might say "okay, now I want to get to this island because I need flour, lotus and crocodiles for those recipes, marble for that bridge, zombie souls for that boss fight and maybe I can level up Sanji along the way" and have 30-45 minutes just goofing around.

Doraemon Sotry of Seasons is REALLY fun, too. One of my most played Switch titles. Apart from being pretty, the villagers are interesting, it's full of skits and I really like how they implemented the gadgets. The only downside is that upgrading the tools doesn't make them take less stamina, so you're always tired, but I guess it gets better later on as you have more money to expend on medicine.
iu

Last edited:

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
Fire_Emblem_DS.jpg

This game was based on a little-known anime OVA from the 90s called Fire Emblem. Only two episodes were made before the show was canceled and the IP shelved for years.

The game is pretty solid, but nothing spectacular for fans of the genre. Feels a little dated, like it could have been a SNES game. But it served as a foundation for sequels that were highly improved. Fire Emblem: Awakening, Fire Emblem Fates, and Fire Emblem: Three Houses are all fantastic games.

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
I can't recall the name of it now but there was a Bleach SRPG on the DS that I recall enjoying at the time.

Oct 25, 2017
Fire_Emblem_DS.jpg

This game was based on a little-known anime OVA from the 90s called Fire Emblem. Only two episodes were made before the show was canceled and the IP shelved for years.

The game is pretty solid, but nothing spectacular for fans of the genre. Feels a little dated, like it could have been a SNES game. But it served as a foundation for sequels that were highly improved. Fire Emblem: Awakening, Fire Emblem Fates, and Fire Emblem: Three Houses are all fantastic games.
Joke post?

Jun 6, 2018
Megaman battle network and basically most anime GBA games had a lot of care put into them that generation, I think anime translates to sprite work really well

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
GOEMON : Legend of the Mystical Ninja SNES

Turns out the Manga/Anime was made off the show for promotional reasons.

Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise PS4/PC

fist-of-the-north-star-lost-paradise-ps4-review-2.jpg

Initial D : Arcade Stage

initial-d-arcade-stage-4d622d99-7cec-4636-bc69-0e1aaabdb59-resize-750.png

Last edited:

Baron Von Beans

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I remember playing through this back in the day after I finished the series, cause I needed more Samurai Champloo. It was pretty decent, but I never beat it.
Samurai%20Champloo%20-%20Sidetracked%20-%20Box.jpg

Arukado

Oct 27, 2017
Berserk: Millennium Falcon Hen Seima Senki no ShĹŤ on the PS2:

Hokuto no Ken: Shinpan No SĹŤsĹŤsei KengĹŤ Retsuden on Arcades / PS2:

R2RD

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Nov 6, 2018

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Jojo: all stars battle. It's from cyberconnect2 ,the creators of the naruto ultimate games, and it's quite good with tons of Easter eggs so you can tell the people making the game love the series. The game even got a 40/40 from Famitsu, which I don't think it deserves at all cause the game is good but not perfect score good.

I'm still salty the game is stuck on PS3 I was expecting a ps4 port but now my only hope is a PC port.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3.

There are a lot of good Gundam games, its probably got the best ratio of good anime games

I wouldn't say it has the best ratio, it's just that there's a METRIC FUCKTON of Gundam games, so there's bound to be some pretty good ones. The SD Gundam G Generation and Gundam VS series probably being among the better ones.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
Shijyou Saikyou no Deshi Kenichi on the PS2. It plays a lot like the 3rd Rival Schools game we never got. It follows the manga a bit more than the anime and even has some new art from Shun Matsuena for it. There's a story mode that takes you through the main story from the manga and there are even little training sections with the Masters from the dojo.