• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

James

Oct 25, 2017
US

I shot a lot of golf balls at the group there, but it doesn't seem to get their attention. :) They are in the area I am supposed to be in, but somehow got barricaded out of instead. I can wander anywhere in the game except tidy park clubhouse and bowling green.

I appreciate your help, though. I wish it were something simple. I will probably have to start a new game sometime when I feel motivated. It's such an incredible game that it may not be too long.

James

Oct 25, 2017
US
Golf VS the old men?

Have you read the guide I linked?

I looked at the part that applies to where I am, yes. It confirmed my impression that I am supposed to talk to the suspicious group at the lawn bowls. Instead I somehow walked through a truck or something and got barricaded away from them.

There is nobody else on the entire tidy park grounds except the cashier in the pro shop, and he's no help. I might try a few more things or reach out to the devs, but it feels like just bad luck for me.

Edit: And just on a lark, I decided to attempt the next few steps to see if one would work with my glitch and get me back on track, but no dice there either.

Last edited:

rzmunch

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Argentina
I'm waiting for a sale... Even 20% will do. Was there any sale? Though if I complete my backlog this game is first in my wishlisyt.

gingerbeardman

Moai Master
Oct 27, 2017
Cornwall, UK
I looked at the part that applies to where I am, yes. It confirmed my impression that I am supposed to talk to the suspicious group at the lawn bowls. Instead I somehow walked through a truck or something and got barricaded away from them.

There is nobody else on the entire tidy park grounds except the cashier in the pro shop, and he's no help. I might try a few more things or reach out to the devs, but it feels like just bad luck for me.

Edit: And just on a lark, I decided to attempt the next few steps to see if one would work with my glitch and get me back on track, but no dice there either.
Damn. And this even persists a save and reload?

woozey

Nov 3, 2017
I really enjoyed it but my one issue is in the end the golf wasn't nearly as deep as I wanted. I also would have loved more quests like you start to at near the end (from what I remember).

Goronmon

Nov 9, 2017
I'm really experienced at golf games so thought it was really easy though. Never experienced the difficulty spike unless there is more to play. Didn't have to replay a single match or tournament. Beat the final tournament at 5 under with a bogey on the card too.
Yeah, I ended up shooting -7 in the final tournament and was pretty bummed out when I realized I only had to hit par to win.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
I like Golf Story, it was fun to play, excellent sprite work. Reminds me a lot of the work done in Stardew Valley, but my main issue with the game is it stuck with a single joke throughout the entire game and once it hit the punchline, it didn't drop it and kept pushing it over and over into the ground to the point it was beating a dead horse.

Everyone thinks your a unskilled nobody (Okay this makes sense in the very beginning), and once you win and prove yourself, they say you cheated, or relied on your team member to carry you, and so forth.

After going through the major competition at the half point against Max Yards and beating him, they brushed it of as a fluke and the Pro Golfer was having a bad day. Basically running this joke the whole game with the main character not getting a single ounce of recognition for his deeds, and it remained this way to the very end.

I thought would have been one of those "struggled against the odds despite everything" but it wasn't even that. Everything about the game is awesome, except for this one thing, it is this one thing kind makes the overall experience kind of underwhelming.

Oct 27, 2017
Just got back to this again after being pulled away by Mario Odyssey, and i was immediately sucked back in by this game's awesome charm and fun gameplay!

Just hit Tidy Park and i love the music there.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Who's idea was it to bind aiming AND switching clubs to the left analog?!

For some reason it doesn't act up as hard during side quest swings, but trying to land shots from a tee up can be torturous

Hell am I doing wrong?

Deleted member 11018

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ay, thanks mate.
Never would have found that out myself.

This game is lovely so far.

Yeah that got me as well ! I tried to knock off the plants with my own balls, and they didn't go far enough xD
Same with the fact there are some side quests that require you to throw the ball by hand in order to break things...

The mini-games were what made me rage... i wish some of them were not included... the one with the red thing and the ones with the flat thing... gosh i hated those.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Picked it up on sale. I usually love RPGs with combat replaced with other mechanics (e.g. Puzzle Quest!) and it works really well here!

Some cues for gameplay mechanics/quests are a bit dodgy though. (e.g. feed 10 fish and the "run" quest). Had to look up hints online.

How do I feed the fish in Lurker Valley? I don't understand this quest

lol. I see Bedameister had the same issue too.

pitt_norton

Nov 2, 2017
Been waiting to get this game on sale (as with all eshop purchases) ... and kept true to my word.

What a charming little Aussie game, I'm giggling constantly. The girl with the pink hair who plays like shit is cracking me up. Very nostalgic of some of the language used. "Sucked in" As an Australian I haven't used or heard that in so many years.

Only about 5 hours in and impressed with the various tasks you need to do, keeping the mechanics engaging. Some controls are fiddly but hey I'm getting better and better at it. Back into the game I go.......!

Tiber

Nov 1, 2017
This game blew me away. I picked it up on whim with zero expectations and it was one of my favourite games of 2017.

Sound mechanics, lovely artstyle and great writing

pitt_norton

Nov 2, 2017
C'mon guys... you've been only playing games for a day? Surely intuition would tell you that if you buy equipment, then surely there's an 'equip' menu when you press +, especially in a game with a RPG slant. Because that's what I did in Lurker Valley...no complaints from me.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
C'mon guys... you've been only playing games for a day? Surely intuition would tell you that if you buy equipment, then surely there's an 'equip' menu when you press +, especially in a game with a RPG slant. Because that's what I did in Lurker Valley...no complaints from me.

I assumed
that clubs from the pro-shop went into my list of gear and were just character equipment and didn't even think of them as a separate usable quest items. I did look in the items list and nothing showed up there. And the equip action just cycles through the bought clubs and not the items?
. It is not a very intuitive system.

rzmunch

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Argentina
Game is lively played 18hs this weekend. Almost done. Do I need to complete the missions before the last tournamenr? Or can I complete them after.

peppermints

Oct 25, 2017
Man the HD rumble in this game is absurd. It's very surreal hearing actual sounds coming being made from that.

Only about an hour in but this is giving me such a Gameboy Color vibe. Which is a good thing.

SpartyCrunch

Xbox
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Man the HD rumble in this game is absurd. It's very surreal hearing actual sounds coming being made from that.

Only about an hour in but this is giving me such a Gameboy Color vibe. Which is a good thing.
I know right? I keep mentioning this in various threads but it's so underlooked.

Every game needs to use HD Rumble for dialog boxes like this game does!

Oct 27, 2017
So i'm at the point where....
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
How much more do i have until i finish the story?

pitt_norton

Nov 2, 2017
GAHHH!! I FINALLY BEAT THAT PUTTING CHALLENGE ON BLUE MOON DUNES!!!

That had to be the hardest challenge I'd come across in the game. So sad that it seems my time with the game is nearing the end...

... EDIT: And today is the day I finish the game 100% (cries) I got 25 hours out of the game. Great value!

Last edited:

neonglow

Oct 25, 2017
I just finished the game after 19 hours. It took 10+ tries to beat the final course. I was always off by 1 or 2 strokes due to all the water hazards.

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
Game is lovely.
Love the gfx, love the humor, like the gameplay, kinda like the music (ups and downs) and I adore how close to a japanese game from the '90s it feels like (to me at least). Of course it ain't perfect, but man €14 (or €9 since I grabbed it on sale) is a steal. It's very charming.

That being said, *is there really no way to look at the whole map?*
It's absurd that I can't have a little on-screen map showing me where I am and where is everything else.
It's even worse that there's no way to scout a hole when playing it or even look at a tiny map showing the hole's layout like in every golf game ever (Neo Turf Masters docet!).

*Am I missing something?*
Is there any kind of map in-game?

Oct 27, 2017
Game is lovely.
Love the gfx, love the humor, like the gameplay, kinda like the music (ups and downs) and I adore how close to a japanese game from the '90s it feels like (to me at least). Of course it ain't perfect, but man €14 (or €9 since I grabbed it on sale) is a steal. It's very charming.

That being said, *is there really no way to look at the whole map?*
It's absurd that I can't have a little on-screen map showing me where I am and where is everything else.
It's even worse that there's no way to scout a hole when playing it or even look at a tiny map showing the hole's layout like in every golf game ever (Neo Turf Masters docet!).

*Am I missing something?*
Is there any kind of map in-game?

If you click the right stick during the match it will pull out the camera so you can look around somewhat.....but it's not a full course camera.

EDIT- Or if you mean to pull a map of a whole area youre in while not in a match, that i don't know. Never tried to see if that exists.

Lunar FC

Oct 25, 2017
6 hours in and really enjoying the game. But I think I have experienced a little bug. I found the first cacher coin, but the quest in the notes section is still there. Has anybody else experienced this?

Edit: Nvm, I guess you have to go back to the quest giver. Wasn't like that with the other coins.

Last edited: