• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Drew and Roman both better win at Mania, then the likes of Brock and Goldberg need to piss off out of the title scene for the rest of their time in WWE.

Im okay with Roman winning, but I can't roll my eyes any harder at him being the guy to take out Goldberg, which is just meant to give him another over the top accolade. The Mania match really should've been Bryan/Roman.

Id be far happier with Roman winning a good simple match than having to overcome the odds or whatever nonsense he will have with Goldberg.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
At least he lost to a devastating move

Part of that is on his opponent. Goldberg can only do so much to stop his man over-rotating so the receiver needs to use their legs to balance at the top of the move so it looks good.

It looks like the timing was just all messed up.

Still Oldberg 2020 is stupid.

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
While we are doing the 90s retreads, can someone bring this guy back?

Raven_bio.jpg

The exalted one?

FIE

Banned
Feb 16, 2020
I hate the mentality that older wrestlers can't still matter. Like only young and new. Only fresh and people who haven't been over and are likeable.

Just watch the fucking drama and aw at the older guy still having it. That's the illusion.

People are so fucking woke about wrestling that they forget its an alternative universe. It's live drama. Immerse yourself.

There is Def better written stuff

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
I haven't watched for a while.

Is this so Goldberg can fight the Undertaker next month in Saudi Arabia?

Doober

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
I hate the mentality that older wrestlers can't still matter. Like only young and new. Only fresh and people who haven't been over and are likeable.

Just watch the fucking drama and aw at the older guy still having it. That's the illusion.

People are so fucking woke about wrestling that they forget its an alternative universe. It's live drama. Immerse yourself.

The problem isn't old wrestlers so much as WWE constantly using old wrestlers to bury young talent. Like someone else said, if they keep doing this then in another ten or so years they won't have anyone to call up for a cheap nostalgia pop.

Skatterd

Oct 25, 2017

Him being old isn't the problem though
See Jericho, Edge's recent comeback, jushin liger's retirement tour, hell AJ being the best wrestler in the world at 40
See Dustin Rhodes tearing the house down in the best match of last year at 50

The problem is the booking is fucking nonsensical, Goldberg very much doesn't have it, and the illusion is shattered by a sense of nothing mattering

I haven't watched for a while.

Is this so Goldberg can fight the Undertaker next month in Saudi Arabia?
It's so Reigns can beat Goldberg at Mania and not get booed, that's the only purpose it could theoretically serve
If it aint that then hell if I know

steveovig

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The problem isn't the age at all. It's the fact that Vince keeps putting all these older guys from previous eras ahead of any new stars. The perception is that all the old stars are way better than any of the newer guys, simply because of shit like this. I understand why they'd rather have Goldberg/Roman at Mania, as a draw, but there's a million ways to Sunday they could have done it different besides jobbing out Bray quickly.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017

People just don't like WWE booking, so they generalize. WWE booking can make any idea seem like a bad idea. Because they take literally everything and make it bad.

In reality, wrestlers in their 40s and even 50s are completely viable. It's all in the booking.

Minoru Suzuki is the same age as Goldberg and he's doing shit like this:

B4oPTxk.gif

Xeno

Oct 25, 2017
I'd like to point out that Chris Jericho is the youngest AEW Champ of all time

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
People just don't like WWE booking, so they generalize. WWE booking can make any idea seem like a bad idea. Because they take literally everything and make it bad.

In reality, wrestlers in their 40s and even 50s are completely viable. It's all in the booking.

Minoru Suzuki is the same age as Goldberg and he's doing shit like this:

B4oPTxk.gif
Minoru is also ugly though, so it balnces out

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
Now are you all excited to pay $69.99 (plus 5 dollars for an ESPN subscription) to watch Roman beat Goldberg at WrestleMania?

SamualDude

Oct 28, 2017
It says something when the city where the Universal Championship has changed hands most is Saudi Arabia.

Lyng

Editor at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
The dumb thing is even if you wanted to protect Goldberg because of the Saudis, there where different ways to do it that wouldnt hurt Bray.
Have Brock loose to Ricochet, setting up Ricochet vs Drew at Mania (which would be killer).
Then have a frustrated Brock attack Fiend during his match with Goldberg. Protecting Goldberg, while keeping the title on Fiend and setting up Beast vs Fiend for Mania.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
The dumb thing is even if you wanted to protect Goldberg because of the Saudis, there where different ways to do it that wouldnt hurt Bray.
Have Brock loose to Ricochet, setting up Ricochet vs Drew at Mania (which would be killer).
Then have a frustrated Brock attack Fiend during his match with Goldberg. Protecting Goldberg, while keeping the title on Fiend and setting up Beast vs Fiend for Mania.
Bork losing to Geek in Chief Rick o Shea?

Rick vs Drew as a Mania match?

Might as well stab Vince in the heart yourself and get it over with cause he'd sooner die than have anything like that happen.

ScoobsJoestar

May 30, 2019
"Maybe I've been too hard on the WWE. I'm happy with AEW and NJPW but their Fiend thing actually sounds interesting, maybe I should check it out come Mania time."

"…Excuse me what?"

RoninRay

Oct 28, 2017
I suggest the people dumping on Jericho watch his match with Tanahashi at the past NJPW wrestle kingdom, he can still go if booked correctly. Goldberg is just a complete farce. Even so, the fact that WWE hasn't been able to build up anyone new when they've been at the top for years is indefensible, at least you can see the reasoning with Jericho they needed a face and a recognizable name to launch the company. There's nothing wrong with that, he will eventually lose the belt to MOX who is red hot because he's no longer shackled by the nonsense of the WWE . Jericho is constantly on TV, constantly doing work to promote the product. Not the same at all with Bill

I am not disagreeing with anything your saying but a few people have talked about this match and they completely undersell how great of a wrestler Tanahashi is. I mean Jericho can still go if he's booked against one of the all time greats who still puts on great match after great match. Jericho's best matches the last few years have all been in New Japan and with Kenny Omega for a reason.

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
Good God they are gonna try and get Roman Reigns over AGAIN. Enough Vince stop please. How many torches and coronations has this guy had already.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
I am not disagreeing with anything your saying but a few people have talked about this match and they completely undersell how great of a wrestler Tanahashi is. I mean Jericho can still go if he's booked against one of the all time greats who still puts on great match after great match. Jericho's best matches the last few years have all been in New Japan and with Kenny Omega for a reason.

I adore Ace and Kenny , of course they elevate their in ring partners but I meant more I can't see any scenario in which Goldberg doesn't look old and gassed even if he was booked against someone top top class whereas Jericho can still hang at least

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Goldberg getting the fuck out of wrestling after trying WWE for a year was the smartest move a ex WCW wrestler ever pulled. Vince didnt get a shot to kill him.

Anyway. I appresiate how skater shot this wrestlemania seems. Most recent years you see the card in November. Here it looks like a kid doing his homework on the bus on the way to school.

NightKingistheWaif

alt account
Banned
May 14, 2019
Makes completely sense. Build the guy as your heel for months, just to get beat by someone who is restricted to two moves, is over 50 now, and can't have a match longer than two minutes.

KiDdYoNe

Oct 25, 2017
Decided to skip through the thing. Boy oh boy.

That Undertaker match is amazing. 10 out of 10 would watch again any time. It's just sad seeing AJ squashing for Taker.
And yeah, Goldberg. I remember seeing Bray with this new gimmick and was pretty impressed with it. Watching EDGE return and The Fiend thing going on I was thinking maybe I should give WWE a try but decided not to. This is not surprise for me.

Also, those spears sucked.
Also, Dolph, my friend. Get those money and leave. Please. Please :(

PS9

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I haven't watched wrestling since I was a child but Goldberg was always my favourite.

T0M

Alt-Account
Banned
Aug 13, 2019
Lol. WWE is the only show I know that punishes its fans for following along. After all that work and buildup, they have him lose to old-ass Goldberg.

I have no problem with older stars staying relevant, but you gotta pay it forward sometime. Just look at Jericho in some of his WWE runs.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
The last time wrestling was good was when Goldberg was winning, so this old man is okay with it.
You need to watch AEW or companies other than wwe because there is good wrestling going on.

I stopped watching wwe overba decade ago because I couldn't deal with the bullshit booking and terrible wrestling style they force everyone to use and I am now more invested in AEW then I ever was with wwe.

They are putting on great matches with some really good booking, the whole hangman page story is some of the best writing I have ever seen in wrestling and has me super invested.