• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 4461

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seriously, name a better fight in any of those series.

I think what sets Goku vs Cell apart for me is that it's an actual fight. Most DB fights are a curbstomp in one direction or another until a random powerup or intervention gives the good guy/bad guy an upper hand. And in between that, we get a bunch of punch clashing. We know this to be objective fact, but no matter how hype that can be (and it CAN be hype), that's exactly what makes Goku vs Cell so much better.

It's like, an actual fight between even combatants. I know Dragon Ball had plenty of fights like that (which is why I've excluded it), but it's kind of rare for Z and later.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I'm not sure it's the best but it's definitely up there in the top 10 or so, some really memorable sequences and animation. First time Studio Cockpit got to animate a fight scene:

6279b649e1464f9740c4fd4a91e45ba8.gif

9634af05aba66b3e2200fa430e5612fe.gif

KamenSenshi

Nov 27, 2017
I would say Goku vs Vegeta for me. I guess to be specific the Buy era fight. Cell is great. It's funny that in both those fights one side was super sandbagging though.

Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019
The Vegeta fight is super good and I prefer it to any of the 1-on-1 fights in the series.

I also really like Goku vs. Piccolo a lot.

Mar 10, 2018
The best fights in this franchise are all in Dragon Ball. You know, the series with actual martial arts techniques and strategy.

Sep 25, 2020
Australia
I'm not sure it's the best but it's definitely up there in the top 10 or so, some really memorable sequences and animation. First time Studio Cockpit got to animate a fight scene:

I remember always being excited when we got an episode from Studio Cockpit, even though when watching the series originally I had no idea about the different animation teams. I just loved the character art.

Ep. 279 is one of my favs in terms of art.

MV5BNDAwZDc1MmEtNTRlZS00MWQ5LTg4MTctZjE2YTIzNzVjMjRmL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTk3OTMzOA@@._V1_.jpg

dbz279-82.png

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
OP THIS JUST POPPED UP IN MY FEED:

Look at the quality of this fight. How clean the line work is. The framing. The animation is aight but the art is just fucking :chef's kiss:

I really liked gow desperate goku was during this part of the fight. Serious goku was best goku. He was freaking out. Tbh. The android/cell saga was the best because of all the tension. Goku freaked out when he couldnt use beams against 19. Goku freaked out when tien jumped in and fought cell alone. Goku was helpless multiple times throughout the saga and it was so tense!

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Some of the other great fights have already been mentioned. Another I really like is Piccolo vs Android 17.

Rirse

Jun 29, 2019
In a actual post, I do like the Vegeta vs Android 18 fight. Vegeta being so cocky after getting super saiyan and getting his ass curved stomped over and over by her is so fitting.

Beignet

alt account
Banned
Aug 1, 2020
Piccolo vs 17, Goku vs Vegeta (both Sayian Saga and Buu Saga fights)

Broly vs Goku is also sick as hell. Dat Super Sayian transformation from Broly

Gogeta was too mean to Broly for my liking :(

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I remember always being excited when we got an episode from Studio Cockpit, even though when watching the series originally I had no idea about the different animation teams. I just loved the character art.

Ep. 279 is one of my favs in terms of art.

MV5BNDAwZDc1MmEtNTRlZS00MWQ5LTg4MTctZjE2YTIzNzVjMjRmL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTk3OTMzOA@@._V1_.jpg

dbz279-82.png

Fantastic stuff.

This is easily one of my favorite drawings of Vegeta in the whole series:

7be7f628d093ab0abebe46f2f54498f8.jpg

Trevelyon

Oct 30, 2017
been saying this for years. there's a decent edit out there, without the endless bullshit filler on the sidelines. Makes the fight even better when it's completely seamless.

Dec 31, 2017
It really was good. Goku vs. Majin Vegeta and Goku vs. Kid Buu are also pretty damn good.

OP THIS JUST POPPED UP IN MY FEED:

Look at the quality of this fight. How clean the line work is. The framing. The animation is aight but the art is just fucking :chef's kiss:

I really liked gow desperate goku was during this part of the fight. Serious goku was best goku. He was freaking out. Tbh. The android/cell saga was the best because of all the tension. Goku freaked out when he couldnt use beams against 19. Goku freaked out when tien jumped in and fought cell alone. Goku was helpless multiple times throughout the saga and it was so tense!

Yeah Android/Cell saga was indeed the best due to the tension and the lore behind it. When I saw it for the first time it was mind blowing as soon as Trunks came in to kill Frieza all the way til the end when he went back and killed cell in his timeline.

Too bad they kind of ruined Trunks' story in DBS...

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
Goku vs Hit is underrated, maybe not the best but that fight was pretty hype, first time Super got exciting.

Deleted member 33120

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 15, 2017
Echo the Goku vs. Majin Vegeta comments. Even the trash talk during that one was good and doesn't need to be edited out.

Big Baybee

Oct 27, 2017
I just finished watching Dragonball with my wife and I have to say....kinda shits on dbz lol. And I say this as a huge dbz fan. But I always loved goku vs vegeta when he first arrives on earth because it gives me dragonball vibes.

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I really love Goku vs. Jiren, basically everything after Vegeta gets knocked out. I like how it's not a straight beatdown. Goku never really significantly surpasses Jiren's crazy power level. Like even when Goku reaches MUI it's not really one-sided, Jiren is keeping up and putting up one hell of a fight, landing hits here and there and even almost knocking Goku out.
Helps that the fight scenes look pretty nice as well and are accompanied by some dope music.

Oct 27, 2017
I just finished watching Dragonball with my wife and I have to say....kinda shits on dbz lol. And I say this as a huge dbz fan. But I always loved goku vs vegeta when he first arrives on earth because it gives me dragonball vibes.
I don't really compare them because they really are 2 different beasts. DB is kore adventure and martial arts and way more into story where as DBZ is very much a straight battle shounen. The goals aren't the same for each series. And Super is trying to do something different as well blending more story and not just constant fights

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
It should be, its the best choreographed fight from the manga. Toriyama played it straight and made it a culmination of Tournament of Power finals, complete with Goku losing at the end.

I remember studying this fight panel by panel in college. Other fights have more emotional ups and downs but this was a pure "no narrative, just a test of skill" and it shows