• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ZangBa

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't pay much attention to the manga but last I heard I thought Goku got beat and Vegeta was supposed to finally get the win. Figures it would end up this way.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
Goku giving Cell the senzu bean was one of the fucking dumbest things imaginable. They were fucked if they lost and not in the normal way either. Like he regrets doing it when everyone is getting their ass beat by the Cell jrs and he was ready to go back in and start fighting again when Piccolo tells him Gohan doesn't like to fight.

That should have been the moment the series stopped having Goku give mercy to these villains when they literallt only desire destruction and stop pursuing a fight purely at the cost of everyone else. He doesn't need to be a hero but holy, a character that doesn't learn lessons at all is dumb. That's why everything after Cell is fucking dumb.

No one learns anything at all. It is unbelievable that Gohan after letting his power get to his head and almost dooming earth against Cell would as an adult fuck around even worse.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I didn't pay much attention to the manga but last I heard I thought Goku got beat and Vegeta was supposed to finally get the win. Figures it would end up this way.

That lasted for all of a chapter. Vegeta not only loses but he gives the enemy a power up. He even gets blown away by his own Big Bang Attack.

Honestly, if the anime ended it with Vegeta beating Moro, I wouldn't cry.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
What was the point of all that beyond "member Yardrat? " ?

Trolling fans?

They're like "Vegeta has finally surpassed you, Goku," Goku says he's going to catch up, then the villain (shockingly) turns the tables, gets stronger, absorbs Vegeta's abilities and blows him away, and Goku powers up.

If we get full Z plagiarism, though, maybe Gohan powers up.

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
To think that the whole Return of Frieza arc was to teach Goku that not finishing his opponents and letting his guarddown could end up in catastrophe

And yet here we are

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
To think that the whole Return of Frieza arc was to teach Goku that not finishing his opponents and letting his guarddown could end up in catastrophe

And yet here we are

Was that arc intact in the manga, though? I honestly don't remember. I think they skipped over it entirely with a few panels of recaps.

Not that Goku would have remembered since he's basically Homer Simpson now.

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
Was that arc intact in the manga, though? I honestly don't remember. I think they skipped over it entirely with a few panels of recaps.

Not that Goku would have remembered since he's basically Homer Simpson now.
I disagree

Both during the Future Trunks/Zamasu arc and the ToP arc Goku showed no restrain, no patience with universes he saw as enemies.

His stance towards universe 6 and their Sayans mirrored Vegeta's and he saw them more as allies/kinship than enemies and for good reasons. Universe 6 is the only one Universe 7 helps, several times. But not out of stupidity but out of a real bond

He was fully on board with the restoring Universes wish anyway and it's obvious he would have made that one

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017

And yet here we are
Goku seems to be expecting the attack though. He isn't shown surprised at all in the panel with Moro attacking.

It's continuing? I don't know how well the manga sells, but I'm still surprised. If the anime ever does come back, let us pray it has no trace of this arc or anything Toyotaro.

Around 200k-300k in Japan (it briefly went above that but then dropped again). Those sales are good overall, although not "the official continuation of Dragonball" good. They're still on a completely different level from anything else published by its magazine though (V-Jump).

Deleted member 5745

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's completely within character, and yet that's why it's so unoriginal. Because it's literally Raditz/Freeza/Cell again.

The only way this turns out alright is if it turns out Goku was testing Moro, and since he failed he wipes the floor with him next chapter.

Nov 17, 2017
I want a Dragon Ball villain that is defeated by having a simple talk with them.
1Rl_UMTp.jpg

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait for the anime or another movie to come out, the manga continues to just be consistently garbage in every aspect that matters to me.

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
Toyotaro is the same person who made one of the Dragon Ball AF doujins, the one featuring Zama-, I mean Xicor. Toriyama doesn't care about Dragon Ball anymore, and this is the natural result. The series should have stayed dead after GT.

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
Toyotaro is the same person who made one of the Dragon Ball AF doujins, the one featuring Zama-, I mean Xicor. Toriyama doesn't care about Dragon Ball anymore, and this is the natural result. The series should have stayed dead after GT.
Battle of the Gods, Return of Frieza and Future Trunks are all better than anything DB GT

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand
He never did shit like this in GT. Just saying.
GT Goku actually got things done. Hell, he blasted Baby into the sun when he tried to escape. Goku was like "Fuck that! You are NOT coming back". He also mocked and completely restrained Cell and Frieza in hell.

It's hilarious how Goku seemed to be more mature after being turned into a kid.

Didn't Goku mention that SSJ4 kinda Make him more brutal?

Mindfreak191

Dec 2, 2017
Lol, I'm yet to start reading the manga, but I decided to jump in from the volume where the anime ends, looking forward to this shitshow lol

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Goku seems to be expecting the attack though. He isn't shown surprised at all in the panel with Moro attacking.
They just released an interview where they said that page 9 (the very next page after the preview) is a "twist/reveal". That coupled with that final panel of Goku tells me that Goku will absolutely dodge/counter. I'm positive he expected Moro to attack and he knew Moro wouldn't be strong enough to take him down, even after being healed.

Around 200k-300k in Japan (it briefly went above that but then dropped again). Those sales are good overall, although not "the official continuation of Dragonball" good. They're still on a completely different level from anything else published by its magazine though (V-Jump).
The anime was definitely the more popular of the two for Super, I wouldn't be shocked if a lot of people are just waiting for the anime to return rather than read the manga. I also noticed, at least in the west, that a lot of people don't seem to know that the manga has gone beyond the anime.

Last edited:

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
This chapter was somehow way worse than I imagined. The senzu bean is only the start of the problem with this.

Oct 30, 2017
This is so awful.

Moro being an enemy that just absorbs energy is already stupid. He absorbs an absurd amount of energy and then fuses with Seven-Three which is just trash. The reusing of the Senzu bean and Goku going MUI on command is only just a part of how bad this is. Moro is now planet Earth in order to contain the power of Merus that he absorbed. And now his defeat threatens the galaxy/universe. This is so bad. This arc should have been minor and probably ended with Goku and Vegeta beating Moro after the Dai Kaio weakened him and brought him back from outer space.

This is where DB Super lost me. I'd love for the anime to throw the whole arc out. It really does nothing to advance anything forward.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
This is so awful.

Moro being an enemy that just absorbs energy is already stupid. He absorbs an absurd amount of energy and then fuses with Seven-Three which is just trash. The reusing of the Senzu bean and Goku going MUI on command is only just a part of how bad this is. Moro is now planet Earth in order to contain the power of Merus that he absorbed. And now his defeat threatens the galaxy/universe. This is so bad. This arc should have been minor and probably ended with Goku and Vegeta beating Moro after the Dai Kaio weakened him and brought him back from outer space.

This is where DB Super lost me. I'd love for the anime to throw the whole arc out. It really does nothing to advance anything forward.

If we ended with Vegeta getting the W, I think the arc would have been fine (or at least I would have forgiven some of the meandering). In fact, that's what I hope the anime does, if they adapt it, because this is just garbage.

I do think there are some decent elements: Dai Kaio/Buu being useful (which seems like years ago at this point), revisiting new Namek, Vegeta reconciling with how he acted on Namek, revisiting Yardrat, the Z Fighters sans Goku and Vegeta having to prepare to protect the Earth, Merus, etc.

just_myles

Oct 25, 2017
So the senzu bean was a nothing burger. My only issue is the MUI and goku seemingly able to use it like any transformation. Though, that is what MUI is, right? The anime literally did nothing to explain it so naturally it gets treated like everything else.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
So the senzu bean was a nothing burger. My only issue is the MUI and goku seemingly able to use it like any transformation. Though, that is what MUI is, right? The anime literally did nothing to explain it so naturally it gets treated like everything else.

I don't even understand the point of using it like that. Unless they depower him after this, he's basically invincible or at the very least way way way ahead of Vegeta and co (again). It was fine when he couldn't control it except in bursts. Like fusion, there was at least a limitation so they don't just "form Voltron" every time at the beginning, but other than sidelining him or having yet another batch of power escalation to infinity, I don't see where they go from here.

Like even if they introduce Broly he's not going to be as strong as Goku.

Whipwhopper

Oct 7, 2020
If MUI is your body moving on pure instinct, wouldn't Goku still mop the floor with Moro even after Moro's random power up, since Goku has WAYYYY more training and battle experience?

just_myles

Oct 25, 2017
I don't even understand the point of using it like that. Unless they depower him after this, he's basically invincible or at the very least way way way ahead of Vegeta and co (again). It was fine when he couldn't control it except in bursts. Like fusion, there was at least a limitation so they don't just "form Voltron" every time at the beginning, but other than sidelining him or having yet another batch of power escalation to infinity, I don't see where they go from here.

Agreed. The anime and the manga missed the mark on this. Same with Trunks power up in the anime. I will give the manga credit for not including an ass pull with no explanation.

MUI itself is stupid. It's a state of mind/being. Why on earth would it be a transformation with such a high boost? I typically praise the manga for its power scaling but the way it handled MUI is bad.

Oct 30, 2017
If we ended with Vegeta getting the W, I think the arc would have been fine (or at least I would have forgiven some of the meandering). In fact, that's what I hope the anime does, if they adapt it, because this is just garbage.

I do think there are some decent elements: Dai Kaio/Buu being useful (which seems like years ago at this point), revisiting new Namek, Vegeta reconciling with how he acted on Namek, revisiting Yardrat, the Z Fighters sans Goku and Vegeta having to prepare to protect the Earth, Merus, etc.
Yeah actually. Vegeta could have gotten the W with the spirit fission and actually kept it interesting while saving MUI for another day. Moro doesn't strike me as important enough to the advancement of the series for Goku to be whipping out MUI like that.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Yeah actually. Vegeta could have gotten the W with the spirit fission and actually kept it interesting while saving MUI for another day. Moro doesn't strike me as important enough to the advancement of the series for Goku to be whipping out MUI like that.
MUI shouldn't have come back for a while, I fucking hate that it seems like Goku is able to use it at will now, MUI at will should be end of the whole series stuff, not something that happens right the next arc...

Whipwhopper

Oct 7, 2020
A Whis heel-turn would be great though, with him finally thinking that Goku himself is the biggest threat to the Universe

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017

SS MUI is the next obvious step (even if the states contradict one another)

Also UI is a permanent state for angels so it's reasonable to assume that once mastered, one can get into it « at will » and Vegeta will obviously catch up off screen