• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

How does our boy goku do?

• He wins

Votes: 522 82.3%
  • The mcu Wins

Votes: 112 17.7%

• Total voters

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Punch him really hard

His physical form is made of mystic energy.....its effectively intangible if he desires it to be. But in actuality he is just an entity not a thing you can just say ohh hey I will punch this till ive completely wasted it.
Actually "punching" him is a waste of time.

If we factor in Ultra Instinct Goku I think he has a chance. That Goku can easily destroy entire universes, perhaps managing to wipe away Dormammu with them.

Dormammu is from the Dark Dimension.
Destroying him here (how Goku could destory mystic energies is beyond me) he would still be in DD....and just keep coming back.
If Goku goes to the Dark Dimension to fight.....GG.
Fighting an entire universe is an asspull even by Dragonball standards.

And I say again....Goku and crew couldnt take on Endless Zamasu what makes you think they could take on someone like Dormammu?

Dormammu is a multiversal threat....Goku aint tanking Dormammu.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
His physical form is made of mystic energy.....its effectively intangible if he desires it to be. But in actuality he is just an entity not a thing you can just say ohh hey I will punch this till ive completely wasted it.
Tell that to Superboy Prime. Or Super Buu. Or Gotenks

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He already is. Nothing beats *hype music intensifies* Ultra Instinct Goku

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Midnight Sun would wax him in comics and keep his fitted fedora looking tight
latest

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That's not how instant transmission works. Goku needs someone he's familiar with to lock on to their ki, so unless Yamcha is hanging out a few light years away for Goku to lock on to it wouldn't work.
He'd leave Carol on King Kai's planet. Then we'd get a filler episode where Carol Danvers tries to convince King Kai to help her get back while they have tea with Bubbles and Gregory. That's the stuff I'm really here for.

Spork4000

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
No, but he's likely more powerful than Beerus in that form.

Yeah, but destroying a galaxy is an exponentially smaller feat then destroying a universe, something that as far as I know Berrus can't even do. That and dragon ball universes are weird. They're significantly smaller than in really life and by extension the MCU.

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
Antman would stand a chance for a moment, that little bug dude gave them fits during the tournament. Fly up in Goku's bum and kill him.

Burly

Oct 25, 2017

Dormammu is from the Dark Dimension.
Destroying him here (how Goku could destory mystic energies is beyond me) he would still be in DD....and just keep coming back.
If Goku goes to the Dark Dimension to fight.....GG.
Fighting an entire universe is an asspull even by Dragonball standards.

And I say again....Goku and crew couldnt take on Endless Zamasu what makes you think they could take on someone like Dormammu?

Dormammu is a multiversal threat....Goku aint tanking Dormammu.

But is Dormammu immune to a Spirit Bomb powered by a multiverse worth of people?

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Isn't Dormamu weaker if he were to leave the Dark Dimension?

Because Goku could probably use Instant Transmission to drag Dormamu elsewhere, I dunno how much that would help, though.

Spork4000

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
But is Dormammu immune to a Spirit Bomb powered by a multiverse worth of people?

How would you hit him with it? Also are there enough people to match the energy of a whole universe? You guys are really underestimating how big he is. He's infinite. A multiverse of people is finite.

Because Goku could probably use Instant Transmission to drag Dormamu elsewhere, I dunno how much that would help, though.

How would he even grab him to take him out?

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't care about how much you love Dragonball, but Dormammu is too much for Goku unless he finds an asspull like Strange did.

Meauxse

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
That's not how instant transmission works. Goku needs someone he's familiar with to lock on to their ki, so unless Yamcha is hanging out a few light years away for Goku to lock on to it wouldn't work.

It is how it works, it's just that you put an arbitrary restriction on the hypothetical that he can't get back out of the MCU. Power wise, you're right. Carol is pretty limitless right now in MCU.

1v1 would be nuts and this premise would be a great animated movie.

He'd leave Carol on King Kai's planet. Then we'd get a filler episode where Carol Danvers tries to convince King Kai to help her get back while they have tea with Bubbles and Gregory. That's the stuff I'm really here for.
Now this I can get behind.

And this is kinda where I was going. Give me a 13 episode season of this, Disney+, TIA

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
Goku will have an asspull for someone like Dormammu as would any MCU people fighting him. It's how the hero always wins.

Goku can use his button to summon Zen O to come and just erase dormamu from existance to begin with. The world of Dragonball is so absurd given it started as a gag manga that he could take on all of the MCU characters at once most likely.

Heck, Arale could probably fuck up the MCU with her gag manga powers.

ZealousD

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The saiyan ability to get stronger after every fight is overpowered. Give Goku enough fights against people who don't outright kill him, and he could eventually beat anybody.

Dragon Ball fanboys always amaze me with their hyperbole...

Yamcha is weak compared to the rest of the Dragon Ball cast, but he could destroy cities and is probably a planet buster after training with King Kai. Yamcha would turn Cap into a smear on the wall.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Dormmamu is basically Zamasu from the end of the Goku Black arc. He can't win that. Everyone else is fair game. Even Thanos. People think Goku would give him the Infinity Stones for a fair fight but Thanos loves explaining his plan. Goku won't help him if his friends and family might be killed.

Spork4000

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It is how it works, it's just that you put an arbitrary restriction on the hypothetical that he can't get back out of the MCU. Power wise, you're right. Carol is pretty limitless right now in MCU.

1v1 would be nuts and this premise would be a great animated movie.

And this is kinda where I was going. Give me a 13 episode season of this, Disney+, TIA

Actually, fair enough, he could teleport to other world or his universe or any number of places.

giphy.gif

OP
OP
Heromanz

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thor I agree, I have no idea on carol because she's never seen being injured. Thanos had to hit her in the face with a stone that could destroy planets with a tap just to get her away from him and she was completely unharmed after. I got no clue how strong she is.
I mean she pretty much stalemated Thanos and Goku is stronger than that dude so

I am a Bird

Oct 31, 2017
Evel Kenevil could beat goku. Goku can't even drive a car let alone a motorcycle!

Also aren't there a bunch of entities in the MCU that you can't punch to death?

Oct 27, 2017
Goku would wipe everything in the MCU.

That's pretty much a fact and anyone arguing otherwise is unfamilar with Dragon Ball or overrating how strong people/things are in the MCU.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017

Yes he is weaker outside the Dark Dimension....but he effectively IS the Dark Dimension....so once Goku went there to "take" him Goku is done for.

And just for arguments sake lets say he took the physical mystic energies that make up Dormammus giant body and then decked that body.
Dormammu is still alive in the Dark Dimension....he would just make another body and come back.

Dormammu is unkillable unless you erase the entire Dark Dimension.....we have seen what Goku and crew are like versus something substantially weaker than Dormammu...Endless Zamasu....and there was literally nothing they could do to him....Dormammu is stronger than that.

Goku is fucked vs Dormammu, there is no plausible way for Goku to beat him.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Goku would wipe everything in the MCU.

That's pretty much a fact and anyone arguing otherwise is unfamilar with Dragon Ball or overrating how strong people/things are in the MCU.

Are completely ignoring how strong Dormammu is.
Or are you forgetting what Endless Zamasu was....Dormammu is effectively a multiversal threat version of Endless Zamasu.

So who is out of touch here?

OP
OP
Heromanz

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No she didn't? He couldn't make her flinch so he had to hit her in the face with the powerstone to get her away from him.

If Thanos hadn't done that he would have been done for.
eh, it looked pretty stalemate to me. It wasn't like she was untouchable and noting compared to goku at his upper limit

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Well I see Thanos getting the Infinity Stones like Frieza getting the Dragon Balls and wishing himself immortal. Goku wouldn't purposely give a malicious character the means to eliminate half the Earth's population if he's demonstrated how evil he was. The Universal Tournament was different because Zeno and Goku were on friendly terms and Zeno decided to up the stakes of the tournament. Thanos is a huge dick who wants to kill half of everyone.

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
in dragon ball super, goku battle with beerus could erase the universe, and he achieved a power that not even gods of destruction can easily achieve, so yeah now goku is more stronger than most heroes in comics
he loses to gods that can erase everything just wishing though.

Ragnorok64

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Aside from charcters that don't have a physical form like Dormammu literally nothing in the Cinematic universe could stand up to Goku. You'd need to Snap him out of existence.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
This.

Assuming Goku even knows how to use it lol.

Goku is going to Mafuba and entire Dimension?
Come on guys.....ass pulls are one thing but even by Dragonball standards you guys need to get serious.

If it was "that easy"
Why didnt they try it against:
latest

Note that Dormammu is stronger than Endless Zamasu and at the time we meet him in the MCU he had already absorbed multiple unverses so his Dimension is multiple times larger than our current Universe.

Deleted member 8468

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The real problem is gonna be when Goku gets the full-stone gauntlet and wishes a being of infinite power into existence just so he can fight it. Kinda like a cross between Buu and Annihilus with the demeanor of Zen-Oh.

Then the universe dies.

Oct 27, 2017
Are completely ignoring how strong Dormammu is.
Or are you forgetting what Endless Zamasu was....Dormammu is effectively a multiversal threat version of Endless Zamasu.

So who is out of touch here?

You conveniently forget and ignore that Goku in the the Future Trunks saga is not the same Goku as he was at the end of the Tournament of Power saga.

This isn't difficult. Time and time again Goku has found a way to meet a seemingly unbeatable challenge. No reason to expect that he wouldn't with Dormammu as well.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
Like Cell said, speed has everything to do with it.

The Dragonball characters are shown to be faster than the human eye fairly early on. They have to lock in on their Ki just to follow what's happening.

I don't think the MCU has shown anybody capable of combat at that speed (mostly because it'd make for a shitty movie). MCU Carol can go that fast but can she fight that fast? Even the DCCU doesn't show a whole lot of Superman's combat speed except for maybe when he solo'd the entire Justice League?

So you have to almost go directly to the comics to find the kinds of speed necessary to take on the world of Dragonball. This is because nobody wants to watch a movie where the fighters are blurring out in one spot and appearing in another over and over again.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
So many forget the " Ant Man in the ass" tactic. Nothing wins vs that. Nothing.

John Doe

Avenger
Jan 24, 2018
Nah. Doctor Strange would trap him in a time loop or stick him in the mirror dimension telling him he could train in there and just leave him there. He'd never get out. Goku is too stupid to go up against the greatest minds in Marvel.

Ahhh, no. Goku is stupid when it comes to every day things but the man is a fighting genius, probably the smartest fighter in the series.

NutterB

Oct 27, 2017
All these Dr. Strange mentions yet he including others lose to Thanos with out the full set of stones. Huh.

Yamcha wipes the floor with anyone in MCU and comics actually fighting versus bullshit magic tricks.

Deleted member 8468

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I feel like everyone voting for Yamcha doesn't realize he's unemployed and would probably sleep through the fight anyway.

Krillin though, could probably give Cap a run for his money. He's a little guy, but he's got heart. Plus could his destructo discs cut through Cap's shield? I'm thinking it would be a yes...

John Doe

Avenger
Jan 24, 2018
If we factor in Ultra Instinct Goku I think he has a chance. That Goku can easily destroy entire universes, perhaps managing to wipe away Dormammu with them.

Cell had the power to destroy the universe, as did Buu.

Goku's fight with Beerus as a SSG almost destroyed the universe.

Ultra Instinct is far above and beyond universal destruction. Dragon Ball is weird like that. The planet used to shake back in the Saiyan Saga when characters fought. Now? It's like almost nothing is happening even though they're leagues stronger. Super is weird when it comes to illustrating how truly powerful everyone is now.