• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sweatpants out.

• Yes, fuck your opinion

Votes: 636 68.6%
  • No, I am not a goddamn slob

Votes: 212 22.9%
  • Thor The Dark World

Votes: 79 8.5%

• Total voters
Oct 27, 2017
I don't actually wear regular sweatpants out unless I am working out or something (though it is very common in Korea).

That said, I do now have some pants that are basically sweatpants but look just like jeans from the outside. Those are pretty sweet.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
I don't own any sweatpants. That said, wear whatever OP, don''t need to dress to impress all the time.

MrRob

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Over 100 USD for sweat pants is hilarious. If you like it power to you but that is crazy. These designers must be making ridiculous bank.
Yeah, I guess. The quality of materials, stitching, and longevity is a lot better than a pair you'd find at Walmart or Target for $15. I only buy them on sales. I usually find the Nike ones for around $60. It helps that I have a Nike outlet closeby.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
You're going out to get food and will mostly be in your car most of the time. Who cares? You're not going to a wedding as the best man.

aznpxdd

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure wearing fitted joggers nowadays is more trendy than jeans. No one's gonna judge or take a 2nd look at you.

LiquidDom

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I've maybe worn jeans twice in the past year.

If I go out and it's nice out, basketball shorts.

If I go out and it's cold out, sweatpants.

I don't give a fuck what anyone thinks.

InspectorJones

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I leave my house looking like a mean drunk got run over by an even meaner drunk not paying attention.

So yeah I go out in Sweatpants all the time. Sometomes they're sweatpants I've been wearing for days on end.

Karateka

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, I guess. The quality of materials, stitching, and longevity is a lot better than a pair you'd find at Walmart or Target for $15. I only buy them on sales. I usually find the Nike ones for around $60. It helps that I have a Nike outlet closeby.
I am just thinking of comparing it to under armour, Nike, Adidas etc. Decent sports brands but not extra like that. I'm sure the quality is better though but not sure itd be worth it for me.

Axis

Dec 9, 2017
Yeah friend, go out in them.

You're only going to pick up pizza, it's not that big of a deal.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I am a simple man. I see Thor: The Dark World as a poll option, I click it.

I personally wouldn't wear sweatpants out, but I also live in southern Arizona where it's not often below 80 degrees during the day. I've been going out in basketball shorts though, and I keep wondering if people think that looks weird.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When you think about it, jeans are really uncomfortable while sweat pants are comfy.

Nothing stops this train.

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
Popping out? Joggers stay on.

Out out? Clearly I'm putting on jeans.

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
Not that I go on Era for fashion, but these results

judging-you..gif

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Tracksuits and sweatpants are the unofficial dress code of my neighbourhood anyway. If anything, I blend in more when I'm wearing them.

Nov 1, 2017
i mean you're a bit out of touch op, if you wear the right shoes and tops with them they can have an "athleisure" type look that's a popular look for guys rn

joggers (or tapered sweatpants) for guys are kind of like what yoga pants are for women. Everyone wears them out now and the opposite sex (and the same sex too of course) finds it attractive. That was my experience anyway. Previous partners tell me they like when I wear them and i had a random person working the cash register basically compliment my ass when i was wearing joggers to the grocery store. That probably has something to do with it

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
when you said 'going out wearing sweatpants' i thought you meant dying while wearing sweatpants

V has come to

Dec 4, 2019
even before the pandemic i always wore joggers out when it's not hot out unless i was doing something that required jeans or slacks

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't really care before, but especially now that no one can see my face I'm fuckin wearing em

Nov 5, 2017
I wear sweatpants out all the time, even to my teaching job. However, they're not baggy. I feel that makes them look acceptable. Regardless, I'm comfortable. I don't care what people think, especially during a pandemic.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Unless I'm going out with people or going to a place of any prestige I'll dress like comfy trash in an instance

MrDonutHouse

Feb 13, 2019
So many people saying
'We are in a pandemic, it does not matter.'
Why did that change only during a pandemic? There is not really a reason to have such a negative perspective on loose clothing. You think it is unflattering? I was not aware I was constantly out doing my pick up routine. What difference does it make to you?