• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

chirt

Oct 25, 2017
Have you reported that issue via the app? If not, please do :)

Just to be on the safe side, please check your SPAM folders if the invite didn't get stuck there. Also, we will be sending more invites in the coming days.

If I don't get one this time I'm coming for you

jk I just want to use it :(

gaogaogao

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
does gog know that I have gamepass? looks like it knows what I have played
amazing work thus far

GearDraxon

Oct 25, 2017
Just got my key, and the setup/account connection process is SO slick and easy. Love it.

I'm putting in another vote for controller-based navigation - even something as basic as Playnite's ability to launch games via the controller would eliminate the need for Big Picture on my setup.

Jay_AD

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, game stacking is awesome. Now I can, for example, let the Doom II entry just start Crispy Doom or GZDoom and have that count for game time tracking. Perfect. It's the one thing I've always wanted from launchers.

Always bugged me that those entries (or Quake, Descent, X-COM and many more) were always basically obsolete in steam, GOG & co because playing them in Dosbox just doesn't make sense.

Toma

Scratching that Itch.io http://bit.ly/ItchERA
Oct 25, 2017
Which game libraries are currently supported/will be supported in the near future? Couldnt find that info on the website.

Deleted member 30395

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
The one thing that really bothers me about Galaxy is every time I open the app, in the 'Games other people are playing' I'm getting things like Pokemon Sword/Shield and Luigis Mansion 3... Is there a feature I'm missing or are people launching pirated games/emulators through this?

Edit: wait, console integration is in... Completely missed this...

elcook_GOG

PR rep at GOG
Verified
Sep 6, 2019
Which game libraries are currently supported/will be supported in the near future? Couldnt find that info on the website.

There's like almost 20 integrations available right now, with GOG.COM and Xbox Live being official ones and others are community created. Our goal is to bring as many official integrations as we can, it just takes a bit of time. And BTW, I have to admit that the community is doing an awesome job on those integrations!

The one thing that really bothers me about Galaxy is every time I open the app, in the 'Games other people are playing' I'm getting things like Pokemon Sword/Shield and Luigis Mansion 3... Is there a feature I'm missing or are people launching pirated games/emulators through this?

Edit: wait, console integration is in... Completely missed this...

The section "Recently played by others" shows games that your friends are playing and popular games among all gamers in general - Pokemon still stands strong :)

Toma

Scratching that Itch.io http://bit.ly/ItchERA
Oct 25, 2017
There's like almost 20 integrations available right now, with GOG.COM and Xbox Live being official ones and others are community created. Our goal is to bring as many official integrations as we can, it just takes a bit of time. And BTW, I have to admit that the community is doing an awesome job on those integrations!

Thanks for the answer, I hope its not impolite to semi repeat my question as I couldnt find that info: Which ones are currently working/are currently being worked on to work in the near future? :)

BraXzy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I'm finding the organising of games at the minute to be a bit clunky. I've seen others give feedback on categories but I'd like to add to the list of people who want more customisation in that regard.

Nekrono

May 17, 2018
I received a key a few days ago but haven't had a chance to test it out until today, can't wait!

Nov 28, 2017
Got into the closed beta earlier today.

GOG Galaxy's entire interface felt outdated and barebones. This brings in not only unified platform and it's stat tracking, but much needed GOG specific features as well. That left column was practically empty with the default launcher and only had settings.

Hope they add more community driven features next. Being a DRM-free storefront is great for the industry, but having a client with mod tools/support would draw in an entirely new community to the platform.

There are some pretty basic stuff, like Wishlist/Wallet etc., that are missing from the client (but on the webstore), but I'm sure they'll roll it out when this gets out of beta and has a public release.

Also, the new interface is an evolution of the old one, but snappy and gets it's job done. The background looks slick, the list and grid views work fine, and the featured storefront looked as it was earlier but faster.

Finally, if someone from the GOG team is reading this, PLEASE ADD REGIONAL PRICING!