• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

anastiel

Banned
Mar 14, 2019
EJulZXWWwAEkfjm

• Duplicate games stacking
If you own more than one copy of the same game, it will now be stacked into one. Switching between copies is available using a new button on the game view.
  • Mouse shortcuts
Speed up navigation using back / forward buttons on your mouse, access your recently played games, messages from friends and more by right-clicking on the app icon in the taskbar.
  • GOG.COM games features
Managing your GOG.COM games becomes even more convenient – download bonus goodies like wallpapers or soundtracks, view patch notes, get notified about manual updates being available for download.

yrdd1NP.png

GOG Galaxy Integrations Python API
This Python library allows developers to easily build community integrations for various gaming platforms with GOG Galaxy 2.0.
Platform Id's
Each integration can implement only one platform. Each integration must declare which platform it's integrating.
List of possible Platform IDs

Last edited:

Deleted member 44122

great usability update. stacking games, gog extras and searching for platform integrations are all very welcome additions

Deleted member 18742

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Merging games now is amazing

Last thing I hope that gets added in the future is emulators / emulated games

Transistor

The Walnut King
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
I wonder if they fixed the issue about GOG Galaxy crashing when trying to launch it over an RDP session. That's been an issue for a long time now.

elcook_GOG

PR rep at GOG
Verified
Sep 6, 2019
I wonder if they fixed the issue about GOG Galaxy crashing when trying to launch it over an RDP session. That's been an issue for a long time now.

Have you reported that issue via the app? If not, please do :)

Still waiting for a key :c
same. I really want to try this.

Just to be on the safe side, please check your SPAM folders if the invite didn't get stuck there. Also, we will be sending more invites in the coming days.

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
Have you reported that issue via the app? If not, please do :)

Just to be on the safe side, please check your SPAM folders if the invite didn't get stuck there. Also, we will be sending more invites in the coming days.
Any way to check? I signed up in June and still nothing (at least I think so, there's nothing on my email)

Airbar

Oct 26, 2017
I really hope we'll finally get Linux support at some point. Large downloads regularly break, even with the commandline tool.

Deleted member 29237

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
This is great! Being able to combine multiple copies and download backup installers is pretty much everything I wanted.

VN1X

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Do we have an estimated full release date? All these updates are the definition of blue balling lol.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
How is the integrations stability? I stopped using it as the integrations kept disconnecting randomly. I would end up authenticating (with 2 factor no less) for multiple services, and it kinda got grating to do this every other time.

elcook_GOG

PR rep at GOG
Verified
Sep 6, 2019
What's the console integration for?

You can bring not only PC but console games so you know what you own in your games library, and you can also track your progress with achievements and play-time if it's supported.

How is the integrations stability? I stopped using it as the integrations kept disconnecting randomly. I would end up authenticating (with 2 factor no less) for multiple services, and it kinda got grating to do this every other time.

We've done fixes for platforms disconnecting in the app, so it should definitely be sporadic right now.

A lot of good stuff. I haven't seen this being mentioned. I believe it's new?
jWbzSKc.png

Yes, that's also new.

karnage10

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
You can bring not only PC but console games so you know what you own in your games library, and you can also track your progress with achievements and play-time if it's supported.

We've done fixes for platforms disconnecting in the app, so it should definitely be sporadic right now.

Yes, that's also new.
I entered a while ago and want to say i really appreciate what GOG is doing with galaxy. if possible you could pass my thanks to the dev team? For me GOG galaxy might become the main hub of my gaming! very satisfied costumer here.

elcook_GOG

PR rep at GOG
Verified
Sep 6, 2019
I entered a while ago and want to say i really appreciate what GOG is doing with galaxy. if possible you could pass my thanks to the dev team? For me GOG galaxy might become the main hub of my gaming! very satisfied costumer here.

Thank you, will pass it over to the team - they truely doing an awesome job.

Cool, will give it another shot and see how it goes this time :)

Please let me know if it works better for you.

Galaxea

Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Awesome new features. The one thing I desire from this is controller support. I use moonlight on my television and would love to easily control shortcuts.

CHC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The duplicate stacking is really good, definitely was a nit pick of mine and I think I had mentioned it a while ago and heard it was going to be added.

Also looking forward to the "close launcher when game closes" option that I believe is still planned. Though in practice that might get annoying or slow things down, who knows? Steam can take forever to launch sometimes.

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
Recently I looked at EGS library adn realized I didn't even remember most games I picked there for free. Which means I'll never play them... Really waiting for this launcher to go public, so I can just pile all that in the same list.

freakybj

Oct 26, 2017
I'm eager to try this out. Any chance of a wave of new invites going out anytime soon for the beta?

elcook_GOG

PR rep at GOG
Verified
Sep 6, 2019
The duplicate stacking is really good, definitely was a nit pick of mine and I think I had mentioned it a while ago and heard it was going to be added.

Also looking forward to the "close launcher when game closes" option that I believe is still planned. Though in practice that might get annoying or slow things down, who knows? Steam can take forever to launch sometimes.

Closing external launchers is part of this update :)

Still no TAG managment to change the name of an already created TAG?

What about launch options?

Yes, we know about editing already created tags. No updates on this now.
What do you mean "what about launch options"?

I'm eager to try this out. Any chance of a wave of new invites going out anytime soon for the beta?
Sad I didn't get into the Beta.

There's another batch of invites being sent this week :)

demondance

Oct 27, 2017
Is there any hope for UWP stuff working? I have a few games like that and they're pretty much the only things that I haven't been able to run through Galaxy 2.0.

EDIT: I just tested it and Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition works now, even launches it. Is this still a UWP game?

I was thinking of buying some of those Arcade Archives games because they're only available through the Microsoft store, would those show up with this integration now?

Last edited:

BraXzy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a way to "refresh" metadata on a game? I remember it being a handy option on PlayNite.

For example, my Apex Legends tile is still showing artwork for the old season - I don't see a way to update it without manually downloading artwork and overwriting it myself.

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
Yes, we know about editing already created tags. No updates on this now.
What do you mean "what about launch options"?
elcook_GOG Thanks for the tags awareness ^^

For the launch options I mean something like this (Steam):

hqdefault.jpg

That would be really helpful for certain games that need particular commands to have exclusive fullscreen etc, it would be a great implementation :)

Ah, one last thing and I won't bother you any longer: any chance to have the "game time tracking" to custom game/exe added to GOG 2.0?

Thank you for your time!

elcook_GOG

PR rep at GOG
Verified
Sep 6, 2019
Is there a way to "refresh" metadata on a game? I remember it being a handy option on PlayNite.

For example, my Apex Legends tile is still showing artwork for the old season - I don't see a way to update it without manually downloading artwork and overwriting it myself.

No such option available currently. You need to do it manually.

elcook_GOG Thanks for the tags awareness ^^

For the launch options I mean something like this (Steam):

hqdefault.jpg

That would be really helpful for certain games that need particular commands to have exclusive fullscreen etc, it would be a great implementation :)

Ah, one last thing and I won't bother you any longer: any chance to have the "game time tracking" to custom game/exe added to GOG 2.0?

Thank you for your time!

Ok, got it now about setting launch options. Launching games with parameters is something we plan to add for GOG.COM games. When it comes to such feature for other platforms, you won't be able to do that via GOG GALAXY 2.0, at least for now. I'm pretty sure that if you set up parameters on Steam, while launching the game via GOG GALAXY 2.0, these parameters should be taken into account.

As for game time tracking for manually added games, once you launch such game via GOG GALAXY 2.0, the app will track your time. But there is no way for now to manually edit game time.

Got a key just now, awesome!

Great!