• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

driftshake

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
NgBDbHO.png

I've been playing RDR2 on PC and the Rockstar launcher really doesn't want to integrate.

freakybj

Oct 26, 2017
is there any way to add nintendo switch games? i'd like to put together a complete overview of my backlog.

hankenta

Oct 25, 2017
does it also take into account the gamepass stuff if you link the xbox live account?
It displays games you have played or currently installed as games you own. On my client it shows a bunch of game pass games I have installed, and Rise of the Tomb Raider and Recore which are the only games I own on W10 store.

Nov 22, 2017
Is there a possibility to add notes related to each game ?
For exemple,
I found a some tweak regarding a game and, in case I forget whatever command line it is, want to retrieve quickly just by finding the note in my library ?

Deleted member 15476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
when can we try this out? signed up long ago
It's now in public beta, you can just download it from here
www.gog.com

GOG GALAXY 2.0 - All your games and friends in one place.

Connect GOG GALAXY 2.0 with other gaming platforms and bring together games you play and the friends you play them with in one powerful app. With GOG GALAXY 2.0 you won't have to juggle between multiple clients to access your games and see what your friends are playing. Join the Open Beta and...

LordDraven

Banned
Jan 23, 2019

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a possibility to add notes related to each game ?
For exemple,
I found a some tweak regarding a game and, in case I forget whatever command line it is, want to retrieve quickly just by finding the note in my library ?

thats a neat idea, would like to see all launchers adopt this (also synced to the cloud!)

May 30, 2018
thats a neat idea, would like to see all launchers adopt this (also synced to the cloud!)
agreed. i love what GOG 2.0 is doing but now that i know it doesn't sync to the cloud i don't see any reason to add tags or other customization. i tend to move between at least 2 PCs and would love to see the same data on both some day.

elcook_GOG

PR rep at GOG
Verified
Sep 6, 2019
agreed. i love what GOG 2.0 is doing but now that i know it doesn't sync to the cloud i don't see any reason to add tags or other customization. i tend to move between at least 2 PCs and would love to see the same data on both some day.

We plan to add the synchronization to the cloud, so all your library settings would be visible on all devices you use GOG GALAXY 2.0 on.

Deleted member 4970

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yooooo this thing is amazing!

What really stood out to me and got me excited was how I was able to link my DRM free Humble version of Noita and have the art and everything integrated automatically!

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
Of course! Our goal is to provide as many official integrations for major platforms as possible. But since we know this process takes time, we've allowed the community to create their own integrations.
You guys should ask Nintendo for some way to integrate myNintendo/eShop accounts into this. I don't want my games to be stuck under the "Platform: Other" label, and I manually tried to change it but it wouldn't let me. The annoying work around is having to add a "Nintendo Switch" tag but it's just weird how all the other console games get their own icon (PSN, XBL) except Nintendo's.

(I mean technically GOG is represented via Witcher 3 port so...)

Pakesaker

Oct 25, 2017
Omaha, NE
We plan to add the synchronization to the cloud, so all your library settings would be visible on all devices you use GOG GALAXY 2.0 on.
I've been using GOG Galaxy for quite a while and the level of improvements have been really noticeable over the last several months. I was able to get several additional integrations working and now pretty much everything except for Oculus is within GOG.

The last thing that I can't figure out is the game World War Z just doesn't show up. I have dozens of other EGS games that show correctly and I compared the library and that is the only one that doesn't show up. Any ideas?

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
i've stopped using this and gone back to the classic client.

it's a good idea but it just causes too much hassle. games appear then disappear. some don't even bother integrating. the client is buggy with the last couple releases.

KrAzY

Sep 2, 2018
Sorry if this has been asked, I tried to add Red Dead Redemption 2 manually but selected Red is Dead instead, how do I remove this game cause I don't have it.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017

it's a good idea but it just causes too much hassle. games appear then disappear. some don't even bother integrating. the client is buggy with the last couple releases.

I'm still having problems with integrations. They randomly disconnect, or go offline, or the games only partially sync. I don't think there's been one time where I launch it, and everything works as intended. I get that it's an open beta, but this issue has persisted since day one.

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
When this works as intended, I'll switch to it, been hoping for something like this. *watched*

OSPC

Banned
Dec 18, 2019
The classic launcher was better. It was clean and simple, whereas 2.0 is bloated with superfluous crap much like Steam.

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
I'm still having problems with integrations. They randomly disconnect, or go offline, or the games only partially sync. I don't think there's been one time where I launch it, and everything works as intended. I get that it's an open beta, but this issue has persisted since day one.
It's been working well for me besides the highlighted issue. Also, new games I bought on steam dont seem to appear unless I restart GOG.

I love being connected to ps4/xbox folks though so probably will keep. I like the idea of having everthing in one place and not having to manually add everything. Plus, doing things this way I can see my stats (time played). Digging it so far but its not perfect

Deleted member 4970

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have it start with my PC automatically and any game I buy gets added without having to restart the app :)

Lightjolly

Oct 30, 2019
The classic launcher is fugly and bland af, forgot it even existed, good riddance to that.

I used to have that issue of the rando disconnections. Been a lot better lately, keep it up devs, loving it

elcook_GOG

PR rep at GOG
Verified
Sep 6, 2019
Hi all! First I want to wish all of you all the best in 2020. What a year this will be! :D
Now, back to your questions.

I've been using GOG Galaxy for quite a while and the level of improvements have been really noticeable over the last several months. I was able to get several additional integrations working and now pretty much everything except for Oculus is within GOG.

The last thing that I can't figure out is the game World War Z just doesn't show up. I have dozens of other EGS games that show correctly and I compared the library and that is the only one that doesn't show up. Any ideas?

Thanks for all the kind words! As for World War Z, this is weird. Have you tried disconnecting the integration and running it back?

Sorry to hear that. We're constantly working on improving the performance of the app. With some integrations, since they are community created, there's not much we can do, other than try to contact the creators and let them know about issues. Our goal is to bring official integrations to as many platforms as possible.

Sorry if this has been asked, I tried to add Red Dead Redemption 2 manually but selected Red is Dead instead, how do I remove this game cause I don't have it.

Just click on the options button (on the right to the "Link executable" button) and pick "Remove from library".

Sorry to hear that. We've done a lot of fixes to improve integrations connection stability, so it should be better now.

It's been working well for me besides the highlighted issue. Also, new games I bought on steam dont seem to appear unless I restart GOG.

I love being connected to ps4/xbox folks though so probably will keep. I like the idea of having everthing in one place and not having to manually add everything. Plus, doing things this way I can see my stats (time played). Digging it so far but its not perfect

Thanks for the feedback. As you know the app is in beta phase and we're constantly working not only on new features but on improving the existing ones. If games don't show up after buying them (I know that was the case during Winter Sale periods) give it a few minutes or use the "Sync integrations" option from the settings drop-down menu.

I have it start with my PC automatically and any game I buy gets added without having to restart the app :)

So it works as intended :)

The classic launcher is fugly and bland af, forgot it even existed, good riddance to that.

I used to have that issue of the rando disconnections. Been a lot better lately, keep it up devs, loving it

Good to hear it works well for you. Thanks!

Pakesaker

Oct 25, 2017
Omaha, NE
Thanks for all the kind words! As for World War Z, this is weird. Have you tried disconnecting the integration and running it back?

I don't know how or why but World War Z randomly decided to join the party and is appearing properly. I've switched to GoG Galaxy as my primary launcher now that all the integrations are working so well. Looking forward to whatever the team has in store next. Having 200+ games installed from 13 different launchers all in one place is fantastic. Also, most of the cover art is great and for the select few that I want to change they were easy to update and stayed updated for the next time I launch.

One of my only suggestions is that when first launching the client it takes the cover art for games owned on multiple launchers a while to appear. The other suggestion is if there is any way to integrate with Oculus and maybe even be able to launch Oculus games that would be fantastic.

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
Hi all! First I want to wish all of you all the best in 2020. What a year this will be! :D

Thanks for the feedback. As you know the app is in beta phase and we're constantly working not only on new features but on improving the existing ones. If games don't show up after buying them (I know that was the case during Winter Sale periods) give it a few minutes or use the "Sync integrations" option from the settings drop-down menu.

Thanks. Still using it as my main launcher now. My only complaint now is sometimes the plugins will crash. I wish they would restart on their own. Its a very minor issue though.

Qassim

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
So I've noticed the Steam integration updated recently, and I'm not really comfortable with using it anymore.

It now puts up a custom login box and requests for your 2 factor auth code. It's no longer going to Steam's website to authenticate you and returning a token to the client to use, it's straight up acting as a client itself - taking your credentials and forwarding them on to Steam.

I've only had a quick glance over the code, but the fact it's not going through the official route via OAuth (or whatever it is) isn't an acceptable risk for me. I don't want to give my Steam credentials and 2 step auth code to a piece of 3rd party software. I can look at the code and confirm it's okay - I suppose, but it can get updated and I don't really know of any way to verify that code is running on my machine when I set up this integration.

I'd rather have the old integration method and it be less functional, tbh.

Nacery

Jul 11, 2018
GOG Galaxy Open Beta updated to 2.0.14 Theia

Is huge, includes Subscriptions, smooth scrolling and at last, one of my most requested features; Sorting Titles (internal names for sorting games with non homogenous titles like Shadow of the Tomb Raider or Return To Castle Wolfenstein)

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
Subscriptions seem broken right now, at least for Gamepass. When I click on Subscriptions it only gives me four games, none of which are on Gamepass lol

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
How do you add subscriptions? Must be real simple and i'm missing it like a dumdum but oh well.
EDIT: oh woops its broken for now, nevermind then

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
GOG Galaxy Open Beta updated to 2.0.14 Theia

Is huge, includes Subscriptions, smooth scrolling and at last, one of my most requested features; Sorting Titles (internal names for sorting games with non homogenous titles like Shadow of the Tomb Raider or Return To Castle Wolfenstein)
How do you download the update? I don't see any buttons to search for updates in Galaxy.

Abaddon

Oct 25, 2017
To get subscriptions working you need to enable the option at the bottom of Settings/Features. Looks like some games are confusing the system, as I'm getting Naruto Shinobi Strikers showing as a PC Windows title even though it's only on console.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
I love this app, best I ever tried for managing my collection. Steam's was a mess that really need you to never move your game, or rename it. GOG Galaxy 2 is just so easy to populate all the art and keep track of games even if you move the install location, there's no need to redo things.