• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CSX

Oct 27, 2017
https://twitter.com/CSX142857
Got in and just connected all my accounts.

I'm thinking for the consoles (PS4 and Xbox), there are missing games on the list, both installed and uninstalled. Anyone else have that issue?

Bonfires Down

Nov 2, 2017
I was really looking to forward to trying it out but now I understand why it's in closed beta. It keeps desyncing the clients and there's no integration for Battle.net, Itch or Twitch. And I much prefer the aesthetics of the new Steam library.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
gtIWCb1.png

this doesn't work at all for me, anyone else?

elcook_GOG

PR rep at GOG
Verified
Sep 6, 2019
Hey all, if you missed the news, GOG GALAXY 2.0 is now in open beta so everyone can try it out! Just visit www.gogalaxy.com and download the app. You'll need a free GOG account to log in. Enjoy and let us know what you think!

Jul 26, 2019
Hi elcook_GOG, is there any plans of adding game installation backups? It would be very beneficial because of the large game sizes. Steam does have it but unfortunately other platforms doesn't offer this.

Oct 27, 2017
Am I missing something something regarding the friends integration? I have connected Origin, Steam, Xbox and Epic, but Galaxy hasn't pulled any friends over from any of them.

If I go to the Friends box, it's blank and only lets me see recommendations or search by GOG friends. Shouldn't it have pulled my friends in from the other platforms I added?

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Just bought a few games from the GoG-sale but they don't show up in Gog Galaxy 2.0 - I can't find a way to synch my online- and GoG Galaxy 2.0 Accounts. How long does it normally take for the games to show up?

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Finally installed Galaxy 2.0 and I can't install any of my games. It gives me an alert of 'server problems'. I never had this on the old Galaxy client.

Nov 22, 2017
I must be missing something, but, how do I create a bookmark and assign games manually to it ?
I wanted to manually create my Switch collection but can't seem to be able to do it.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I own Age of Wonders Planetfall on steam but it isn't allow me to claim it on Gog connect

dadjumper

Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
Is there a more efficient way to add DRM-free games from other services? I have quite a few installed but can only seem to add them one by one and it's really annoying. Playnite does that stuff better so I'm gonna stick with it for now

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a more efficient way to add DRM-free games from other services? I have quite a few installed but can only seem to add them one by one and it's really annoying. Playnite does that stuff better so I'm gonna stick with it for now

which services? there are integrations made by the community, so maybe they'll accomodate. (i think theres an itch.io one?)

elcook_GOG

PR rep at GOG
Verified
Sep 6, 2019
Am I missing something something regarding the friends integration? I have connected Origin, Steam, Xbox and Epic, but Galaxy hasn't pulled any friends over from any of them.

If I go to the Friends box, it's blank and only lets me see recommendations or search by GOG friends. Shouldn't it have pulled my friends in from the other platforms I added?

Friends from other platforms will be displayed on the right-side of the app, in friends sidebar. If you cannot see it, please try stretching the app's window to make it wider - the sidebar shows once the window has more than 1500px width.
The "Friends box" you mention is the one for your GOG friends, where you can chat with them and send invites.
Hope this helps.

Just bought a few games from the GoG-sale but they don't show up in Gog Galaxy 2.0 - I can't find a way to synch my online- and GoG Galaxy 2.0 Accounts. How long does it normally take for the games to show up?

Sorry, there were some issues with syncing because of the big load on GOG.COM caused by the Winter Sale launch. The issue should now be fixed.

Finally installed Galaxy 2.0 and I can't install any of my games. It gives me an alert of 'server problems'. I never had this on the old Galaxy client.

Sorry for that. Again, this might have been caused by the Winter Sale craziness. If you still experience it, please report it via the app. Thanks!

I must be missing something, but, how do I create a bookmark and assign games manually to it ?
I wanted to manually create my Switch collection but can't seem to be able to do it.

Bookmarks in GOG GALAXY 2.0 work as saving custom views. For example, if you want to create a bookmark with your Switch games, you have to follow these steps:
1) search for the Switch games via Global Search option (Ctrl+F or CMD+F), since there is no Nintendo Switch integration that could gather these games for you,
2) add a tag to each Switch game you're adding to your library - you can add tags by going to "Edit" option or right-click on the game and choose "Manage tags",
3) once you have all games tagged, go to "All games" view, filter it by your Switch tag, and click on the bookmark icon (top-left next to arrows).

Hope that helps.

Oct 27, 2017
Friends from other platforms will be displayed on the right-side of the app, in friends sidebar. If you cannot see it, please try stretching the app's window to make it wider - the sidebar shows once the window has more than 1500px width.
The "Friends box" you mention is the one for your GOG friends, where you can chat with them and send invites.
Hope this helps.

Thank you for the response but.. this doesn't appear to be it.

I have no friends data throughout the app at all. It's as if it's just not pulled anything through. Can't see any details of them anywhere through the app, including activity feeds, achievement or play time data etc.

Nov 22, 2017
Bookmarks in GOG GALAXY 2.0 work as saving custom views. For example, if you want to create a bookmark with your Switch games, you have to follow these steps:
1) search for the Switch games via Global Search option (Ctrl+F or CMD+F), since there is no Nintendo Switch integration that could gather these games for you,
2) add a tag to each Switch game you're adding to your library - you can add tags by going to "Edit" option or right-click on the game and choose "Manage tags",
3) once you have all games tagged, go to "All games" view, filter it by your Switch tag, and click on the bookmark icon (top-left next to arrows).

Hope that helps.

Thank you ! :)
That did the trick.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
i just wish there was an option to launch straight to installed games. i know there is the previous session but that doesn't always work out.

Oct 27, 2017
Seems pretty good so far! However, importing your PlayStation library would be more useful if you could launch the Remote Play app and start your game, right from GOG Galaxy 2.0.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
No Linux version still...
probably not worth it since Linux has significantly less games. This is more targeted towards Windows which has multiple launchers.

apparently linux doesn't even have the old client? if it ever does get a client it'll likely just be a version of that for just playing any GOG linux games.

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
I'm trying to use Galaxy as my main place to launch games with a controller, but I can't seem to do that in an ideal way with a DS4 without using DS4 windows to make it get seen by Windows as an Xbox controller. That helps me get easy controller support in non-steam games, but lose out on the touchpad + gyro in games.

elcook_GOG

PR rep at GOG
Verified
Sep 6, 2019
Thank you for the response but.. this doesn't appear to be it.

I have no friends data throughout the app at all. It's as if it's just not pulled anything through. Can't see any details of them anywhere through the app, including activity feeds, achievement or play time data etc.

Huh :/ Then you may need to try syncing your integrations, or reconnecting them once again. Looks like there was an error while performing connections of platforms.

MrCunningham

Banned
Nov 15, 2017
probably not worth it since Linux has significantly less games. This is more targeted towards Windows which has multiple launchers.

apparently linux doesn't even have the old client? if it ever does get a client it'll likely just be a version of that for just playing any GOG linux games.

GOG never made a client for Linux. Looking at their listings for individual platforms...

Windows = 3537 listings
MacOS = 1356 listings
Linux = 1179 listings

I should point out that these are not all games, as this also counts for DLC and other content like soundtracks, which are all listed separately. But Windows does make up the majority of Software on the store. No surprise there. But Linux software has been catching up to MacOS. Though I can imagine that MacOS is still a higher priority than Linux because it is a premium product, while Linux is open source.

It would be nice to see a Linux client though. They could even take the Valve approach and incorporate Proton, or even DOSBox into the client itself. But, there is one pretty good substitute for GOG on Linux, which is Lutris. Lutris does allow users to link their GOG account to it, which can be used as a launcher for GOG games for both native and non-native titles.

elcook_GOG

PR rep at GOG
Verified
Sep 6, 2019
I thought the feature just wasn't ready yet for the beta version.

No, the feature of seeing your friends' online status and what they are playing is already live. The possibility to chat cross-platforms is not there yet.

Is there any plan to add additional official integrations?

Of course! Our goal is to provide as many official integrations for major platforms as possible. But since we know this process takes time, we've allowed the community to create their own integrations.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Is importing Steam metadata working for anyone? Doesn't seem like it's doing anything on my end, unless I'm fundamentally misunderstanding what importing tags is supposed to accomplish despite it sounding rather unambiguous.

Also, there's no way to log out of or appear offline in chat, is there?

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
Anyone else had the PSN integration stop working? I know it's a community one and not an official one, but it used to work fine showing if I unlocked trophies or added another game to my account. Now it doesn't show or update any trophy unlocks and while it seems to show if a game is added to my library, it won't pull a trophy list for them. Death Stranding is a recent example of something that didn't show up in my monthly summary of added games and when I click on it there's no trophy list and it doesn't show any trophies I've unlocked.

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Anyone else had the PSN integration stop working? I know it's a community one and not an official one, but it used to work fine showing if I unlocked trophies or added another game to my account. Now it doesn't show or update any trophy unlocks and while it seems to show if a game is added to my library, it won't pull a trophy list for them. Death Stranding is a recent example of something that didn't show up in my monthly summary of added games and when I click on it there's no trophy list and it doesn't show any trophies I've unlocked.
Yea mine has been showing as unconnected for a few days now.

ApexNorth

Oct 27, 2017
For the last few days I have had a box come up with "Sorry, we couldn't load the data" at the bottom of the screen while selecting a game. The Activity Panel is a blank with a cloud symbol which has an X in the middle of it, this is happening with every game I click on. Is there any fix? I tried re-syncing Integrations but it didn't resolve the problem.

May 30, 2018
does anyone know how much will carry over when I install 2.0 on a secondary PC (getting one soon)? will I have to do all the integrations and whatnot again or does that all sync through my account in the cloud. also wondering when it comes to tagging and all that.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
does anyone know how much will carry over when I install 2.0 on a secondary PC (getting one soon)? will I have to do all the integrations and whatnot again or does that all sync through my account in the cloud. also wondering when it comes to tagging and all that.

i dont think it carries over anything. doesn't help that you need to have locally installed plugins to get it to recognize different launchers, i imagine that complicates that idea of a cloud library. same with tagging, it doesn't carry over.