• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
Yesterday's update was more of a patch to Atlas Update. And with Atlas, we've introduced Global Search, ability to add games manually + link executable + game time tracking. On top of that, new ways to sort and view your library. I wouldn't call that "haven't really implemented anything new" ;)

I thought time tracking was in day one. My bad. Global Search is an obvious improvement, but the lack of ability to mass-tag your library means its still very tedious to organize big game collections.

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Anyone else have a bunch of their PS4 games being duplicate? I cannot really figure out why some and not other though. E.g. Bioshock and Bulletstorm but not Call of Duty?

NXfBQI5.png

Jay_AD

Oct 28, 2017
I got in today. It's pretty awesome for the most part.

My favourite thing is the manual adding of games, because it allows me to, for example, use Source Ports for Doom, while still using all of the launcher features like game time tracking. The one thing I've always wanted in a launcher. The fact that it even counts for the existing entries from having bought it on GOG is just brilliant.

My one big problem right now is that linking an executable ignores any command line options attached to a shortcut, which essentially nixes this whole feature in a lot of cases. Or at least makes it necessary to use really cumbersome workarounds. Like you could probably make it work with batch files for everything, but it would really be easiest if linking to a shortcut could just preserve command line options.

Last edited:

Harlequin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

My favourite thing is the manual adding of games, because it allows me to, for example, use Source Ports for Doom, while still using all of the launcher features like game time tracking. The one thing I've always wanted in a launcher. The fact that it even counts for the existing entries from having bought it on GOG is just brilliant.

My one big problem right now is that linking an executable ignores any command line options attached to a shortcut, which essentially nixes this whole feature in a lot of cases. Or at least makes it necessary to use really cumbersome workarounds. Like you could probably make it work with batch files for everything, but it would really be easiest if linking to a shortcut could just preserve command line options.
I think you can also only add games manually that are already in their database so if you have some obscure indie titles that they don't have in there, you can't add them. Hopefully, they'll change that in time.

elcook_GOG

PR rep at GOG
Verified
Sep 6, 2019
I thought time tracking was in day one. My bad. Global Search is an obvious improvement, but the lack of ability to mass-tag your library means its still very tedious to organize big game collections.

I was referring to game time tracking for games you manually add - sorry for not being clear enough. As for mass-tagging, we know this is highly requested and we will be addressing it in the upcoming updates.

Anyone else have a bunch of their PS4 games being duplicate? I cannot really figure out why some and not other though. E.g. Bioshock and Bulletstorm but not Call of Duty?

NXfBQI5.png

If these are not games you own on different platforms, then could you please report this issue via the app? Thanks!

Thanks for all the kind words, glad you like the app. As for the ignoring command line attached to a shortcut, that's a good point. Please report this feedback and our devs hopefully will look into this.

Is it just me, or does the steam integration not track Steam achievements properly?

Yes, this is a known issue and we're working on a fix. I'll update you once we have it.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
I was referring to game time tracking for games you manually add - sorry for not being clear enough. As for mass-tagging, we know this is highly requested and we will be addressing it in the upcoming updates.

If these are not games you own on different platforms, then could you please report this issue via the app? Thanks!

Thanks for all the kind words, glad you like the app. As for the ignoring command line attached to a shortcut, that's a good point. Please report this feedback and our devs hopefully will look into this.

Yes, this is a known issue and we're working on a fix. I'll update you once we have it.

awesome, im looking forward to it all :D

Deleted member 3196

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Obviously there are issues that need to be addressed, but the 2.0 client is pretty awesome so far. It's nice to have my library in one place without hacky workarounds (which is how I'm accomplishing it on Steam at the moment) and it works how I'd like it to mostly.

The only thing I'd really want that isn't currently available is a 10ft UI mode that can be run activated via Nvidia Gamestream, kind of like how Steam Big Picture works on the Nvidia Shield when not using the Steam Link app.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
any word on when they are gonna let us automatically close clients when closing a game? it's right there in the settings! such a tease...overall i'm really happy with 2.0 but if they would just let us automatically close clients it'd be perfect for me.

edit: for some reason FIFA 20 isn't showing up in GOG. i have my account linked and Battlefront 2 shows up but not FIFA. not sure if it's an issue with GOG or if EA are stopping it from appearing?!?? FIFA 19 was there.

elcook_GOG

PR rep at GOG
Verified
Sep 6, 2019
any word on when they are gonna let us automatically close clients when closing a game? it's right there in the settings! such a tease...overall i'm really happy with 2.0 but if they would just let us automatically close clients it'd be perfect for me.

edit: for some reason FIFA 20 isn't showing up in GOG. i have my account linked and Battlefront 2 shows up but not FIFA. not sure if it's an issue with GOG or if EA are stopping it from appearing?!?? FIFA 19 was there.

The feature to close clients after you quit a game is in the works and will be available in one of the upcoming updates.

As for FIFA 20 not showing up, maybe try syncing integrations? Please remember that Origin integration is one made by the community, soit can sometimes encounter bugs, and we're not developing it ourselves.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
The feature to close clients after you quit a game is in the works and will be available in one of the upcoming updates.

As for FIFA 20 not showing up, maybe try syncing integrations? Please remember that Origin integration is one made by the community, soit can sometimes encounter bugs, and we're not developing it ourselves.

Curious, which integrations are actively being developed?

Dazraell

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Poland
Liking it so far. The only thing that is bugging me is character limits for tags. I'm used to tagging my games as franchises (doing this on Steam, store games in folders on PS4 and 3DS this way). There is a lot of games with longer titles which goes beyond current character limit for tags, which is a shame.

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
I'm liking the community integrations for emulators so far. Just had to add the folder path to Cemu and the folder where the games are, and now there is a neat tab in Galaxy for Nintendo Wii U games (with proper game cover art), and it launches the emulator and loads right into the game.

I can't mention any specifics, but we're in discussions about official integrations for all major gaming platforms supported by respective partners.

Would something like an integration to force Steam input (controller support) for every game launched through Galaxy be something that would have to be an unofficial project?

Mass_Pincup

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
All the features sounds awesome, I really wish I could try it out especially since PS4 integration is in apparently?

Didn't thought that this would extend to console games.

erlim

Oct 26, 2017
London
Signed up in early June, and was super exited. But now I'm just beginning to think it doesn't exist. I guess I'm just fine with Steam.

Exentryk

Oct 25, 2017
Manually added games don't show up correctly under "All Games" - "Installed" grouping. These games even though they are installed, show up in "uninstalled" grouping under "All Games".
However, these do show up correctly if you click on the "Installed" filter on the left side.

Just a bug that would need fixing. I've submitted feedback through the app.

Goldstick

Jun 6, 2019
Porto, Portugal
Was accepted for the closed beta today as well, and I must say, on top of everything awesome that the launcher provides, the most cool feature for me was to have on the initial page all my statistics for the Xbox One. I mean, it keeps track of all the hours played daily, weekly or monthly, the achievements unlocked, hours devoted between games, all in the home screen. There is not one official Xbox app that does that so well (between console dashboard, pc companion app, mobile app), and I'm really stoked for this little feature! Loving the launcher so far.

Akasaki

Oct 27, 2017
I just got the e-mail and I gotta say, I'm liking it quite a lot. Being able to have everything in one place is a godsend.

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
Got into the beta today. I had been excited about the idea of cataloging all of my games, but I'm really disappointed to find that things like Switch games can be added, but are relegated to the platform "OTHER" with no way to edit it.

elcook_GOG

PR rep at GOG
Verified
Sep 6, 2019
Liking it so far. The only thing that is bugging me is character limits for tags. I'm used to tagging my games as franchises (doing this on Steam, store games in folders on PS4 and 3DS this way). There is a lot of games with longer titles which goes beyond current character limit for tags, which is a shame.

Welcome to the GOG GALAXY 2.0 family ;)
As for character limit for tags, that's a good find - please submit the feedback via the app. Thanks!

Would something like an integration to force Steam input (controller support) for every game launched through Galaxy be something that would have to be an unofficial project?

You mean like every game, not only Steam games? I guess it could be developed as an unofficial integration. Or it would work once and if we'd add some kind of "Big Picture" mode to the app.

All the features sounds awesome, I really wish I could try it out especially since PS4 integration is in apparently?

Didn't thought that this would extend to console games.

Yes, there is a PS4 integration made by the community – it gathers all games you own on PS4 with achievements. It's pretty neat I have to say :)

Manually added games don't show up correctly under "All Games" - "Installed" grouping. These games even though they are installed, show up in "uninstalled" grouping under "All Games".
However, these do show up correctly if you click on the "Installed" filter on the left side.

Just a bug that would need fixing. I've submitted feedback through the app.

Good catch! Once you add a game manually and add .exe file to it, it will be recognized in the "Installed" bookmark, but somehow it's not grouped. Thanks for reporting that!

Was accepted for the closed beta today as well, and I must say, on top of everything awesome that the launcher provides, the most cool feature for me was to have on the initial page all my statistics for the Xbox One. I mean, it keeps track of all the hours played daily, weekly or monthly, the achievements unlocked, hours devoted between games, all in the home screen. There is not one official Xbox app that does that so well (between console dashboard, pc companion app, mobile app), and I'm really stoked for this little feature! Loving the launcher so far.

Thanks for the kind words! Happy to hear you like the "Recent" view :)

There is a community integration for the Twitch app on GitHub.

I just got the e-mail and I gotta say, I'm liking it quite a lot. Being able to have everything in one place is a godsend.

Welcome! :)

Not to be a bother, but is there any plans for being able to manually edit game time & sorting names?

Game time is taken by the integrations from your account info.I don't think we considered adding an option to edit it manually. As for game titles, you can edit that information for every game in your library (just right-click on any game and choose "Edit"), and it should fix any sorting problems.

Got into the beta today. I had been excited about the idea of cataloging all of my games, but I'm really disappointed to find that things like Switch games can be added, but are relegated to the platform "OTHER" with no way to edit it.

Platform names are based on integrations, and since there is no Switch integration, manually added games from this console will end up in the "Other" section.

Yay, I got in.

Username is darthatton if anyone wants some friends list fodder

Welcome! :)

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
You mean like every game, not only Steam games? I guess it could be developed as an unofficial integration. Or it would work once and if we'd add some kind of "Big Picture" mode to the app.

Yes, Steam overlay / controller support for every game launched on GoG Galaxy, whether it's a native Steam game or not. SteamgridDB has an approach where it adds games from other launchers into Steam and automatically sets launch options that will result in the overlay working. Although now that I think about it, maybe all those games SteamgridDB adds would be visible in the Steam tab of Galaxy and simply work with controller support anyway. Still, it'd be nice to have some sort of integration that makes it work somehow.

Deleted member 10234

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Does this currently have any kind of controller support? I don't need (or even want) a big picture equivalent, just the ability to select and launch a game with a controller when the app is open.

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
Does this currently have any kind of controller support? I don't need (or even want) a big picture equivalent, just the ability to select and launch a game with a controller when the app is open.

No controller support atm, as far as I know, so you might have to settle for using workarounds.

Harlequin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
elcook_GOG Are there any plans to let us manually add games that don't have an entry in your database? I have a few obscure indie titles that aren't in there which means the launcher won't let me add them. I get that not all features would work with these but just having them show up in the list and being able to start them from the launcher would be nice.

Fingerthing

Oct 27, 2017
Does Galaxy support PSN? Wouldn't surprise me if it didn't, considering Sony's draconian online policies.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
I got into the beta finally and downloaded the client on my laptop to test it out. I'll play around with it later today.

elcook_GOG

PR rep at GOG
Verified
Sep 6, 2019
elcook_GOG Are there any plans to let us manually add games that don't have an entry in your database? I have a few obscure indie titles that aren't in there which means the launcher won't let me add them. I get that not all features would work with these but just having them show up in the list and being able to start them from the launcher would be nice.

Yes, you can add games manually :) With the latest Atlas Update, we've introduced Global Search which allows you to search for games in your library, your friends, but also for any game in existence. Once you find a game, you can mark it as owned and it's added to your library. Then you can also link an executable and launch the game via GOG GALAXY 2.0 - this way the app will also track your game time. Check the video of the update - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8cy8U3z4qs

Does Galaxy support PSN? Wouldn't surprise me if it didn't, considering Sony's draconian online policies.

There is a community integration for PSN that adds your PS4 games to the library, together with all achievements you've earned.

I got into the beta finally and downloaded the client on my laptop to test it out. I'll play around with it later today.

Welcome! Do let us know what do you think once you test it.

Harlequin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yes, you can add games manually :) With the latest Atlas Update, we've introduced Global Search which allows you to search for games in your library, your friends, but also for any game in existence. Once you find a game, you can mark it as owned and it's added to your library. Then you can also link an executable and launch the game via GOG GALAXY 2.0 - this way the app will also track your game time. Check the video of the update - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8cy8U3z4qs
But that only works for games that are in whatever games database Galaxy is using. I have some obscure indie games that do not show up as search results when I try to add them in GOG. My question was if there are any plans to let people add those kinds of games to their libraries manually.

elcook_GOG

PR rep at GOG
Verified
Sep 6, 2019
But that only works for games that are in whatever games database Galaxy is using. I have some obscure indie games that do not show up as search results when I try to add them in GOG. My question was if there are any plans to let people add those kinds of games to their libraries manually.

Oh! You've found some games we don't have in our database! Please report that through the app (under cog wheel), so we can complete our listing :) As for adding games entirely on your own, this is not available.

Harlequin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh! You've found some games we don't have in our database! Please report that through the app (under cog wheel), so we can complete our listing :) As for adding games entirely on your own, this is not available.
Ah, I see. I was hoping we'd, at some point, simply be able to add any random game to our library, even if it's not in the database. (And I realise that some of the launcher functionality wouldn't work on these games but it would've been nice to have them in the library without needing to have you guys add them to the database.) But I'll follow your advice and report the missing games I have now. Thanks :)!

Arcsurvivor

Jul 13, 2018
Compared to Steam, my GOG library is much smaller. I like their interface more than Steam and easier to navigate their website.