• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
Probably a good time to release it. It just got some of the features that it really needed to feel complete, like friend list integration.

Kanito8a

Apr 18, 2018
I love the GOG 2.0 idea. But it's a shame the client, so far, it's not compatible with Linux.

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is awesome! I've really enjoyed using it during closed beta, so I'm excited to see the new features and for more people to have access to it.

datamage

Oct 25, 2017
I forget, does this support Win10 games? I could have sworn last time I tried it, it didn't.

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
Have they added the ability to pause downloads yet? I was redownloading The Witcher 3 the other day and was surprised that I only had the option to cancel the download, so that seems like a big oversight.

CGriffiths86

Oct 28, 2017
Is there a way when logging in under my Microsoft account to have it just show my games that are installable on PC and not all of my old Xbox One games?

elcook_GOG

PR rep at GOG
Verified
Sep 6, 2019
Hey all! Wanted to drop in and make a thread but you've been faster than me ;) Below I'm adding our official press release about the open beta. Also, if you have any questions, feel free to ask me and I'll try to answer them. And do try out the app and let us know what you think. Thanks!

The GOG GALAXY 2.0 Open Beta is now available

GOG GALAXY 2.0, the free application to bring together all your games and friends in one place is now available for everyone to test. Visit www.gogalaxy.com and join other gamers.

Let's put an end to resource-heavy clients running all the time and us juggling between multiple apps to access our games and see what our friends are playing. GOG GALAXY 2.0 conveniently shows you all your games as one library and makes it easier than ever to stay in touch with your friends across PC and console platforms.

"For the past few years, we've seen continuous fragmentation of our game collections and gaming friends lists, further proving the need for an application that unites them all," says Piotr Karwowski, Managing Director at GOG. "And I'm sure there are even more clients and launchers on the way," Karwowski adds. "We're amazed and thankful for the reaction from the community to the app and taking it even further by creating integrations with 20 gaming platforms – allowing everyone to see all their games and friends in GOG GALAXY 2.0."

The closed beta brought numerous big updates like seeing friends' online status from different platforms in GOG GALAXY 2.0 or adding Global Search. The latter allows multiple options – finding games and friends, launching games with a single press of a key and giving the ability to manually add any game to the library.

We're waiting for your feedback!

We can't wait to see what you have to say about GOG GALAXY 2.0! Let us know what you think and want to see improved – share feedback via the in-app option, GOG GALAXY social media, and the official forum.

Learn about what you can do in GOG GALAXY 2.0

Watch the GOG GALAXY 2.0 trailer

Download the app and connect GOG GALAXY 2.0 with your other preferred platforms through 20 official and community-created integrations. Import and organize all your PC and console games in one library, install and launch PC titles, keep track of your progress and see your friends' status, achievements and game time across all gaming platforms. The app is also the best way to run and update your DRM-free GOG.COM games library. Everything is designed with your privacy in mind – no spying, no sharing with third parties, and all your data belongs to you.

You can join the GOG GALAXY 2.0 Open Beta now by downloading the app for Windows or Mac. Visit www.gogalaxy.com for more information about what to expect once the app launches officially.

BraXzy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I really really want more nuance and ease of use for sorting and categories (bookmarks).

Using tags is fine but it feels a bit clunky. My instinctive approach to making a new category is to right click on the left side bar. I'd prefer being able to do that and then tag stuff as appropriate to add them in.

Additionally, with the plethora of libraries available to sync (and all the games that come along with it), the left sidebar is desparately in need of a folder structure of some sort. So I could group all of Xbox / PlayStation etc. into a 'Console Games' category for example. At the minute it feels too restrictive - it took me awhile just to figure out how to add an existing tag to my bookmark list.

Here's my current workaround:

ibslFFP.png

Last edited:

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Nice to see Total War: Three Kingdoms and Alien Isolation in the trailer video ;)

I am loving GOG Galaxy 2.0 personally. It already feels better, looks better and has more options that I want from a games library than the new Steam update from a month or so ago. It's a little crazy to see my library at over 800, it's quite the scroll down to get to some games but I love that they all have images and such unlike the new steam library where half my library is grey with small artwork.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Really impressed by how smooth the process was here - like, when it folded the various versions of For Honor I have (Steam/EGS/Uplay) into a single link, instead of a bunch of icons next to each other, I felt a weird sense of satisfaction.

I think in general I like Steam too much to switch away entirely, but it's a great way to look at everything else under one roof, and fold the various publisher exclusive launchers into one - for the four Ubisoft games I own, Overwatch, a smattering of Origin games... no need to keep them cluttering my desktop.

Wintermute

Oct 27, 2017
also extremely impressed with how smooth it's been. linked steam, xbox, psn, uplay, origin, epic, all of them and it just worked. super cool. the only downside i can see so far is you cannot set command line launch flags, which would be useful for compatibility on older games.

Braag

Nov 7, 2017
It has been my main launcher for a while now. My entire fragmented library in one place. The fact that you can even have your XBO and PS4 games there just to see what you own is cool as hell.

Omega.X

Oct 28, 2017
It says I only have 1 game installed. Am I doing something wrong? My "all games" list seems correct but when I filter by installed it's only showing Modern Warfare.

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
One problem is it's including all the PS4 games I rented through GameFly. I thinks I own them even though I don't. Maybe it's looking at trophies or something?

I guess there's no other way for it to track physical console games. I assumed it would just track digital console purchases.

elcook_GOG

PR rep at GOG
Verified
Sep 6, 2019
One problem is it's including all the PS4 games I rented through GameFly. I thinks I own them even though I don't. Maybe it's looking at trophies or something?

I guess there's no other way for it to track physical console games. I assumed it would just track digital console purchases.

GOG GALAXY 2.0 takes the information from your PSN account, and if you look into your PSN profile on the console you can see all the games you played on PS4, not only the digital ones. But if you want to see only the games you actually own, you can always hide any game in your GOG GALAXY 2.0 library - just right-click on the game, and choose "Hide game" option.

May 30, 2018
GOG GALAXY 2.0 takes the information from your PSN account, and if you look into your PSN profile on the console you can see all the games you played on PS4, not only the digital ones. But if you want to see only the games you actually own, you can always hide any game in your GOG GALAXY 2.0 library - just right-click on the game, and choose "Hide game" option.
what happens if i hide a game (like in the case above where i no longer have it available to use) but then get that game on PC or Xbox or something. since they fold down to unique titles, will that PC version be added in but remain hidden in the title or will it unhide the title?

elcook_GOG

PR rep at GOG
Verified
Sep 6, 2019
what happens if i hide a game (like in the case above where i no longer have it available to use) but then get that game on PC or Xbox or something. since they fold down to unique titles, will that PC version be added in but remain hidden in the title or will it unhide the title?

That's an interesting question :) I actually checked this now. If you buy a game that is hidden in your GOG GALAXY 2.0 on a different platform than the one you own it already on, the game will become visible in the app and both versions will be stacked together.

May 30, 2018
That's an interesting question :) I actually checked this now. If you buy a game that is hidden in your GOG GALAXY 2.0 on a different platform than the one you own it already on, the game will become visible in the app and both versions will be stacked together.
perfect! that's exactly what i hoped it would do. sorry, i know i could have tested myself :)

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
Also I'm sure people somewhere are requesting Twitch integration and I'm gonna add another vote for that. Just about all the games I have on my Twitch account are games I don't own anywhere else, and it'd be nice for GOG to keep track of them so I remember I own them.

elcook_GOG

PR rep at GOG
Verified
Sep 6, 2019
Also I'm sure people somewhere are requesting Twitch integration and I'm gonna add another vote for that. Just about all the games I have on my Twitch account are games I don't own anywhere else, and it'd be nice for GOG to keep track of them so I remember I own them.

I'd suggest looking on GitHub, there are even more integrations for GOG GALAXY 2.0 there.

Carmelozi

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Hello, do people have a problem with Superhot? I got it on Epic and it doesn't load informations and pictures when synchronising.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
now that my library is split between a dozen storefronts, platforms, consoles and free giveaways like twitch this thing has become a godsend

any word on a mobile app just to see & organize your library?

CGriffiths86

Oct 28, 2017
Did GOG ever add support for Twitch prime/Amazon games? I just installed the launcher for the 1st time ever and apparently I have over 100 games on there..lol

CGriffiths86

Oct 28, 2017
interesting, it doesn't show up via wildcard or direct search in the GOG app search function. i wonder what more needs to be done to have it "recognized". but good find.

If you do try it let me know how it works. Someone has a bug report saying that games won't show up until you have installed at least 1 game, but I don't know if that's fixed.

androvsky

Oct 27, 2017
Look what I found! I havent been able to test it yet though.

I installed that plugin a few days ago, it seems to list games correctly but didn't try launching any. One thing is that it acts a bit weird if you don't have the Twitch app running, it just says it failed to connect. Get logged in on the Twitch app and it seems fine.

I will say it feels like the community plugin search option in GOG's settings page doesn't work. I can't find anything, including plugins I know exist, even if I copy-paste the full github title. And once I do find a plugin through other sources, there's no install instructions. The plugin authors appear to be largely using GOG's boilerplate, so if GOG's example had default install instructions maybe they'd carry through to simpler plugins. More complex plugins should be expected to change the install instructions.

This page might be useful, it's a collection of community plugins with a link to updaters.
https://github.com/Mixaill/awesome-gog-galaxy

The emulator plugins only make me want a big screen UI version of GOG Galaxy that much more.