• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So, how does this work though? Do i still need to have all those separate launcher running in the background?
Yes. That's honestly the biggest weakness of GOG Galaxy 2.0 as it stands: it won't handle updates for the non-GOG games, you are going to have to open the respective clients to get the updates for the relevant games. IMO, that kinda defeats the point of having a meta-client, since to maximise efficiency you're still winding up having all the clients opened on your computer anyway.

elcook_GOG

PR rep at GOG
Verified
Sep 6, 2019
Does anyone have the issue where the client loses connection to Steam and uPlay? Seems to be fine with Origin and Bnet. I don't check in with the client very often, so I have no clue why this might be happening. It's definitely been multiple times now though.

Please report that via the "Report issue" option under the drop-down settings menu, so we can take a look.

LET ME IN GOG I SIGNED UP FOR IT MONTHS AGO

Have you checked your SPAM folder if the invite didn't get stuck there?

Thanks. Yeah I know about the activity feed, I meant if it is possible to display my full profile as it is on the website:

Which I guess isn't possible yet, but hopefully will be.

That's connected to the playtime - I know Galaxy shows it on pages of individual games, but what I meant is if it would be possible to see my "other platform games playtime" here:

Where I see list of all games, ordered by playtime.

As I mentioned, the current profile view is a simple one and we will be working on it. We have big plans for all the social features, so please stand by.
When it comes to your profile on GOG.COM, you won't be able to see anything that is outside of GOG.COM, since that profile is strictly connected to our store not GOG GALAXY 2.0 app.

Still no sign of a big picture mode for this?

Nothing we can share at the moment.

Yes. That's honestly the biggest weakness of GOG Galaxy 2.0 as it stands: it won't handle updates for the non-GOG games, you are going to have to open the respective clients to get the updates for the relevant games. IMO, that kinda defeats the point of having a meta-client, since to maximise efficiency you're still winding up having all the clients opened on your computer anyway.

It was never our intention to bypass other clients. Playing a Steam game, you still want to use all the Steam platform features like achievements, cloud-saves, playtime, etc., right? Our goal with GOG GALAXY 2.0 is to make it easier for gamers to gather all their games that are spread among different platforms and launch it from one place, while still having access to all the platform-specific features. And on top of that, we want to bring all your friends that you have on different platforms for simple way to see what they are playing and chat with them no matter which platform they currently are using.

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm still waiting for the invitation, it's been months now!

Anyway, everything I've seen about it is damn great. I use Playnite, which is the same idea, but this looks pretty good with the fanmade integrations.

Oct 26, 2017
Yes, I'm also waiting for the invitation, and I registered the moment they announced it. Nothing on the spam folder.

PixelatedDonut

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Philly ❤️
Yes - the GOG client automatically opens and closes the other launchers in the background (it also gives you the option of choosing whether to close the other launcher after you're done playing the game). I have them all unchecked at the moment.

aixlY9a.jpg
thats not implemented yet, did you try to check them?

Gowans

Oct 27, 2017
North East, UK
Seems like its been forever I've been checking my inbox since signing up on the 24th of June.

Really looking forward to this, how does it work across multiple machines?

I have a desktop, laptop and other PC I've already stripped my shortcut mess from the start bar ready.

rabathehutch

Nov 1, 2017
To reiterate other posts if you're still waiting on access. Playnite is really great and has almost all of the features of GoG Galaxy (it doesn't have achievement tracking) as well as additional things such as Big Picture and emulator/custom game support. Plus you have the added benefit of not coming from a company that has a history of posting transphobic and gamergator adjacent stuff on their twitter.

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
Is there a way to download 2.0 without the link you get in the email? I think I deleted the email I got back in August/September, and I'd like to install it on my new installation of Windows. 🙄

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It was never our intention to bypass other clients. Playing a Steam game, you still want to use all the Steam platform features like achievements, cloud-saves, playtime, etc., right? Our goal with GOG GALAXY 2.0 is to make it easier for gamers to gather all their games that are spread among different platforms and launch it from one place, while still having access to all the platform-specific features. And on top of that, we want to bring all your friends that you have on different platforms for simple way to see what they are playing and chat with them no matter which platform they currently are using.

This is a perfectly fine goal and I am super glad you are doing it.

As a couch gamer, this is essential for me and the only reason I stick with using the Steam interface for everything. Would be amazing if Galaxy 2.0 could implement this.

I switched to TV couch PC gaming in 2013 and thought Big Picture is going to be this awesome super often used thing, but then I bought Logitech K400 keyboard with integrated touchpad and realized that Big Picture is completely unnecessary :)

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
This is a perfectly fine goal and I am super glad you are doing it.

I switched to TV couch PC gaming in 2013 and thought Big Picture is going to be this awesome super often used thing, but then I bought Logitech K400 keyboard with integrated touchpad and realized that Big Picture is completely unnecessary :)
I've got a K400 too but prefer to just use the controller wherever I can. K400 is amazing though.

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
Still hoping someone can eventually make some sort of Steam input integration to work for any game launched through Galaxy. A dedicated big picture mode would be nice, but I don't think Steam Input could easily be matched when it comes to per-game binding support and whatnot. Galaxy + Steam input would be the dream.

theSoularian

Oct 25, 2017
elcook_GOG are there any plans to add a quick launch context menu for the system tray icon? For example, when you right click on the tray icon, a small menu pops up with a shortlist of your recently played games. Thanks.

Zaubrer

Oct 16, 2018
What I need is people who make some community launcher integrations. The most important services I need to connect (because I always forget about them) are Twitch and my Humble Library. It happened more than once that I bought games twice.

elcook_GOG

PR rep at GOG
Verified
Sep 6, 2019
Is there a way to download 2.0 without the link you get in the email? I think I deleted the email I got back in August/September, and I'd like to install it on my new installation of Windows. 🙄

You can download the installer from https://www.gogalaxy.com/en/download

Doh, now that you mention it, no I haven't. I always just assumed since the settings were there, they were already working.

Yes, the feature of auto-quitting external clients is not yet available, but it's coming.

elcook_GOG are there any plans to add a quick launch context menu for the system tray icon? For example, when you right click on the tray icon, a small menu pops up with a shortlist of your recently played games. Thanks.

Just wait for the next update ;)

What I need is people who make some community launcher integrations. The most important services I need to connect (because I always forget about them) are Twitch and my Humble Library. It happened more than once that I bought games twice.

I suggest you check GitHub ;)

elcook_GOG

PR rep at GOG
Verified
Sep 6, 2019
Hi all! We've just released Update 3 to GOG GALAXY 2.0 which among others features:

Duplicate games stacking
If you own more than one copy of the same game, it will now be stacked into one. Switching between copies is available using a new button on the game view.

Mouse shortcuts (Windows only)
Speed up navigation using back / forward buttons on your mouse, access your recently played games, messages from friends and more by right-clicking on the app icon in the taskbar.

GOG.COM games features
Managing your GOG.COM games becomes even more convenient – download bonus goodies like wallpapers or soundtracks, view patch notes, handle all manual updates from one place.

Let me know what you think!

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Annoyingly I got a beta code months back in the summer and it never worked, so I never got to try it. Still waiting for public launch.

elcook_GOG

PR rep at GOG
Verified
Sep 6, 2019
Annoyingly I got a beta code months back in the summer and it never worked, so I never got to try it. Still waiting for public launch.

Are you sure you used the same email to log in as the one with which you signed up for the closed beta? You can also reach out to our support team with that.

starpower

The Fallen
Jan 23, 2018
Canada
Is 3.0 an auto update? I hate having to keep hitting Retry because the steam plug-in is always crashing on my client

Fahdi

Jun 5, 2018
elcook_GOG

Can we please get:

1) Sort Title as
2) PS3 and Xbox 360 Games support
3) Platform Icons for manual added games

Pretty please.

Gallows Bat

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Awesome, I've been looking for an all in one library solution. I used to use Razers thing but I believe that's dead now.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The filtering is weird. And I think it's kind of.. useless. I guess it's my fault for synchronizing my PS4/XB library with it. The latest version is a definite improvement though.

elcook_GOG

PR rep at GOG
Verified
Sep 6, 2019
Is 3.0 an auto update? I hate having to keep hitting Retry because the steam plug-in is always crashing on my client

Just restart the app and the update will start.

The filtering is weird. And I think it's kind of.. useless. I guess it's my fault for synchronizing my PS4/XB library with it. The latest version is a definite improvement though.

What do you mean exactly by "the filtering is weird"? Are you lacking any options or does it work in a different way than you'd expect it?

Aangster

Oct 27, 2017
Start up times are much better than before, which is great.

Am curious as to where the default box art is drawn from, because I honestly prefer them to be based on the release ones. Some are clearly taken from cut down concept art or marketing material, and they come across as fairly inconsistent.

elcook_GOG

PR rep at GOG
Verified
Sep 6, 2019
Start up times are much better than before, which is great.

Am curious as to where the default box art is drawn from, because I honestly prefer them to be based on the release ones. Some are clearly taken from cut down concept art or marketing material, and they come across as fairly inconsistent.

We did made improvements to speed up the start up, glad you noticed :)

As for covers, we're building our own database of games and feed all information from it including covers and backgrounds. Some of the covers are manually picked by us, to make them fit better or to make them more pretty ;) Of course, you can change it to whatever you prefer by right-clicking on the game and choosing "Edit" option.

Deleted member 3190

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Slight issue with the stacking. When you group by platform each instance is marked as installed if any of them are.

Puru

Oct 28, 2017
Is there a list like on steam that regroups everything in a pretty effective way or do i have to organize everything to limit the amount of squares per page as much as possible?

starpower

The Fallen
Jan 23, 2018
Canada
Duplicate games stacking
If you own more than one copy of the same game, it will now be stacked into one. Switching between copies is available using a new button on the game view.
Small thing and maybe I am just misunderstanding but Win10 and Xbox versions of Gears of War Ultimate Edition shouldn't be lumped together I think. Achievement wise they're separate games, not like Gears 4 and 5 where those are mostly cross platform

edit: A good game suggestion for this new feature is Guns of Icarus Online and Guns of Icarus Alliance, you earn an achievement in one game it also pops in the other anyway so you may as well pool them together

Last edited:

Deleted member 15476

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As a separate note, can we consider the possibility to merge the discussion into a single thread? Currently it's spread across 3 separate ones.

Airbar

Oct 26, 2017
Still no word on Linux support. On that note, still waiting for the promised Linux support of Galaxy 1.0 lmao

elcook_GOG

PR rep at GOG
Verified
Sep 6, 2019
Slight issue with the stacking. When you group by platform each instance is marked as installed if any of them are.

Oh, that should not be the case. Please report this bug via the app if possible. Thanks!

Is there a list like on steam that regroups everything in a pretty effective way or do i have to organize everything to limit the amount of squares per page as much as possible?

You can switch from grid to list view - just click on the setting icon (top right next to search bar) and switch.

As a separate note, can we consider the possibility to merge the discussion into a single thread? Currently it's spread across 3 separate ones.

I'm trying to be active in all 3 ;)

Deleted member 21709

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Just restart the app and the update will start.

What do you mean exactly by "the filtering is weird"? Are you lacking any options or does it work in a different way than you'd expect it?

Thanks for asking!

Platforms are added as default 'bookmarks' underneath the 'Games' tab. If I want to bookmark a game, it just goes directly under the other (platform) bookmarks. No distinction is made, and I don't seem to be able to create 'groups' here where multiple games of my choosing are bookmarked together.

I wish platforms would be treated as their own entity in the UI, so bookmark space was kept to actual games I bookmarked - not platform groups.

My app also has a pop-up message that says 'Importing - 99%' which could last for an hour or longer, every time I launch it.

KdotIX

A King's Landing
Oct 25, 2017
I just made it in and this is very swish. I have a general question, elcook_GOG - Will users be able to change their username on GoG? I'd very much like to do this to make it uniform with the rest of my accounts.

elcook_GOG

PR rep at GOG
Verified
Sep 6, 2019
I'm in, too!

But, I don't see any integrations for Steam, and other stores. Just Xbox Live. Look:

SdkJ9aj.png

What gives?

GOG.COM and Xbox Live are currently the only official integrations, but for most other platforms there are already community created ones, which you can search for with the search bar (the one that says "Search GitHub" on your image). Just type in the name of a platform you're looking for.

Cool thanks, I'll give that a go now

Yup, just submit a ticket to our support :)

Oct 26, 2017
GOG.COM and Xbox Live are currently the only official integrations, but for most other platforms there are already community created ones, which you can search for with the search bar (the one that says "Search GitHub" on your image). Just type in the name of a platform you're looking for.

Oh, I thought at least Steam would be official. In any case, I thought as much, to try to search for it, and it doesn't appear. Look
jKa3K4g.png