• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
I've tried it out a bit and it's nice, especially for those wanting to organize everything in one spot. I don't think I'll use it though, it's not like it stops the other launchers being necessary, and I don't mind using those for the games that need them. I'd rather download GOG games through the site without DRM.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Hey, a scroll bar was added to the tags pop out menu. Been waiting for this! Gonna get back to categorizing my games now.

Dranakin

Oct 27, 2017
How does one get a beta key :(

I signed up, so hopefully they are releasing more soon. I just want to be able track my library in one place. I installed like 8 different launchers after booting up my new PC for the first time.

elcook_GOG

PR rep at GOG
Verified
Sep 6, 2019
Can I add like the Bethesda Launcher?

There is a community integration made for Bethesda Launcher - https://github.com/TouwaStar/Galaxy_Plugin_Bethesda

How does one get a beta key :(

I signed up, so hopefully they are releasing more soon. I just want to be able track my library in one place. I installed like 8 different launchers after booting up my new PC for the first time.

We're rolling out more invites to the beta, so hopefully you'll get yours soon.

Rirse

Jun 29, 2019
I asked before in the thread, but how you add consoles? I seen people with now playing Mario Maker and Astral Chain with the game graphics and everything.

modestb

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
Can't manually edit time (also isn't tracking EGS time), still wonky with emulated games, no sorting name option (that I can find anyway)

Playnite stays winning for now

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
Wow. I'm very interested in this. This might actually encourage me to deal with Epic game-store.

I'm sorta leaning that way too. If I can easily keep all games accessible in one place with something like this, I think I'd be more willing to branch out from Steam games more often.

It just needs Steam input functioning somehow for everything for me to like it even more.

antispin

Oct 27, 2017
That's beautiful. I'm still waiting to get into the beta.

A bit off-topic: you'd think Windows would do a better job of surfacing your gaming library. Damn thing can't even find my Borderlands 3 install. It won't even collate the Xbox/Gamepass installations into a single folder.

Meanwhile, neither can the Nvidia Experience Thingy. A unified game launcher is definitely needed.

elcook_GOG

PR rep at GOG
Verified
Sep 6, 2019
I asked before in the thread, but how you add consoles? I seen people with now playing Mario Maker and Astral Chain with the game graphics and everything.

There is an official integration for Xbox Live and one created by the community for PSN. Both will import your games from console, together with progress they track like game time or achievements.
When it comes to games you see in "Recently played by others" section, this list is based on games popular among your friends and among all gamers in general. With the Global Search now available in the app, you can also find any game, from any platform or console, and add it manually to your collection. These games also have their own game views with descriptions, screenshots, trailers, etc.

signed up for the beta basically the week it opened

hopefully i didn't end up deleting my invite or something, signed up the first week it was opened

You can just download the installer and try to log in - if you did receive the invite (and didn't notice) you'll be able to get in.

Hetz

Oct 27, 2017
There is an official integration for Xbox Live and one created by the community for PSN. Both will import your games from console, together with progress they track like game time or achievements.
When it comes to games you see in "Recently played by others" section, this list is based on games popular among your friends and among all gamers in general. With the Global Search now available in the app, you can also find any game, from any platform or console, and add it manually to your collection. These games also have their own game views with descriptions, screenshots, trailers, etc.

You can just download the installer and try to log in - if you did receive the invite (and didn't notice) you'll be able to get in.

Where can I download the installer? I can't find it anywhere. I signed up for the Beta months ago.

TurdFerguson

Oct 28, 2017
Norway
I just got my invite a couple of days ago. Planning to check it out today.

elcook_GOG: I use the Steam Controller a lot for certain Steam games (mostly Civ 5). Will the Steam Controller configurration be loaded if I lauch the game through Galaxy 2.0?

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There is a community integration made for Bethesda Launcher - https://github.com/TouwaStar/Galaxy_Plugin_Bethesda
Can all these integrations be included officially / will they in launch open beta / 1.0 version?
And would it be possible to add a page like this that would show all games sorted by playtime (or is that in already?):

Also, thanks for all the work being done on this. It is sorely needed and CDP is the perfect company to actually do it and make it widely adopted.

FancyPants

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Still waiting for my Beta invite :( I changed my email address between signing up for it and now. Hope that didn't screw things up.

dmix90

Oct 25, 2017

elcook_GOG: I use the Steam Controller a lot for certain Steam games (mostly Civ 5). Will the Steam Controller configurration be loaded if I lauch the game through Galaxy 2.0?
When did you sign up? I feel like they have lost the first batch of users who signed up as soon as it became available.
You can do it right here https://www.gogalaxy.com/en/download
But remember that if you have not received the invite, you won't be able to log in.
6aGQnh6.png

:(

Signed up as soon as signup form went up. Come on brehs... let me in

Efejota

Mar 13, 2018
So GOG's client is way improved and basically a game changer, Epics exclusivity deals and cut % have been changing the pc landscape, and Valve has done.... nothing.

I feel like Valve needs to do something at some point.
Maybe they can start developing games of their own to bring interest to their game store bussiness.

Nightfall

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I really like the client, but one thing keeps bugging me. I got my PSN account linked and when sorting the games by recent activity it seems to only look for Trophy activities. So unless I got a trophy a game will still be somewhere down this list, even if I played it.
I guess there's probably no other way to do this, but it's a minor annoyance for me.

elcook_GOG

PR rep at GOG
Verified
Sep 6, 2019
Where is the plugin to add Switch games?

I don't believe there is one. But you can add Switch games with the newly added Global Search option as it searches through all games in existence.

elcook_GOG: I use the Steam Controller a lot for certain Steam games (mostly Civ 5). Will the Steam Controller configurration be loaded if I launch the game through Galaxy 2.0?

Glad you received the invite, and hope you'll enjoy what is there. Also, if you'll have any feedback about the app, please let us know!
As for the Steam Controller, I'd need to check with devs to be 100% sure, but since launching a Steam game via GOG GALAXY 2.0 is launching Steam and the game, it should work out of the box without any issues.

Can all these integrations be included officially / will they in launch open beta / 1.0 version?
And would it be possible to add a page like this that would show all games sorted by playtime (or is that in already?):

Also, thanks for all the work being done on this. It is sorely needed and CDP is the perfect company to actually do it and make it widely adopted.

We are working on adding more official integrations to GOG GALAXY 2.0, and we're in talks with all major platforms, so we're hopeful we will add them - our goal is to have all major platforms as official integrations. At the same time, as we know it takes time, on both legal/business and technical levels, we decided to give the community to create their own open-source integrations. This proved to be a good way as already, in limited closed beta, we have around 20 community integrations!
As for the second question, a list of all your games including your progress in them (like achievements and game time) is already there in GOG GALAXY 2.0. You can also compare yourself with your friends.

Still waiting for my Beta invite :( I changed my email address between signing up for it and now. Hope that didn't screw things up.

You receive the invitation on the email you've signed up with.

elcook_GOG

PR rep at GOG
Verified
Sep 6, 2019
Possible to add Blizzard launcher and nintendo switch games library linking?

Definitely something we'd love to add, but nothing I can confirm or deny at this point. Please check GitHub if such integrations show up from the community.

I really like the client, but one thing keeps bugging me. I got my PSN account linked and when sorting the games by recent activity it seems to only look for Trophy activities. So unless I got a trophy a game will still be somewhere down this list, even if I played it.
I guess there's probably no other way to do this, but it's a minor annoyance for me.

Thanks for bringing that up. Please remember that the PSN integration is one that was created by the community, not by us. But it could be the case that PlayStation 4 does not track game time, so the only way for the integration to see your activity in PS4 games is if you unlocked an acheivement

Nightfall

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Thanks for bringing that up. Please remember that the PSN integration is one that was created by the community, not by us. But it could be the case that PlayStation 4 does not track game time, so the only way for the integration to see your activity in PS4 games is if you unlocked an acheivement
Oh, didn't know that. Thanks for clearing that up.

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
So GOG's client is way improved and basically a game changer, Epics exclusivity deals and cut % have been changing the pc landscape, and Valve has done.... nothing.

I feel like Valve needs to do something at some point.

So easy to tell who actually is involved with PC gaming and who isn't - but still has to get their shitty takes in.

Anyways I got accepted into the GoG 2.0 beta, and I've imported most of my libraries. I'm now going through the process of hiding all of the junk titles I used to grab for free.
It's a definite improvement over the old GoG, but I still have to spend some time launching games from other launchers.

psilocybe

Oct 27, 2017
I'm really not finding any utility to GOG Galaxy.
The only usefulness is having a centralised library to look at. It does this really well. Best of all is a having a unified place for tracking gameplay time - IF the platforms of those games supported that. However, I don't also expect much else beyond this.

With regards to PC games, I find I only want to use the service with the most utility, which is Steam by a massive margin.

My thoughts. It does look cool though. It is nice for maybe choosing the next game to play. (and reflect on how much I'm spending on games...)

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely something we'd love to add, but nothing I can confirm or deny at this point. Please check GitHub if such integrations show up from the community.
I can't find anyone working on a myNintendo integration. I'm trying to find a way to message FriendsOfGalaxy to inquire about whether or not they could create a way to integrate GOG Galaxy with myNintendo accounts.

GOG Galaxy also doesn't have a proper "Nintendo Switch" label for games of the platform.

FHIZ

Oct 28, 2017
I've been using the beta client off and on, it's really just whether or not I snap myself out of autopilot mode when launching games, that said it's a great client and I just now realized it has time tracking for Epic Store games, which made me laugh given that's been on the Epic trello board forever.

mattiewheels

Oct 27, 2017
Being able to use this client with a controller would make me stop using Steam completely.
I don't really like the tiny Recents menu though, I'd love to be able to see at least the last 10 games instantly

Talus

Banned
Dec 9, 2017
Is there an easy way to add emulators to this? You can link executables but say is it possible for me to use Retroarch, then have it create a file that I could link to GOG Galaxy for each game?

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
I noticed you can't add manually add a game and click on a "purchase" button on the overview page, would be super cool to have that. Saves going to the store every time.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
elcook_GOG Hey! Would it be possible to get the option to sort our library by purchase date? The website has it, but not Galaxy. That's how I prefer to sort my games.

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
Does GoG not show pre-orders? I have Cyberpunk 2077 on Steam and GoG won't show it. Only game that doesn't show up. Don't be mad at me GoG, please.

Krvavi Abadas

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Videoland
What's with the Xbox (One, unfortunately. I feel like it should be possible for them to add backwards compatible 360 and OG games in some form.) integration only listing titles you've actually played instead of merely owning? The PS4 support doesn't have this problem, and that's supposed to be an "unofficial" option. The claims of it only working on Windows 8 or above aren't true either, it works just fine on 7, aside from the obvious lack of Windows Store support.

Otherwise, it's pretty much perfect. I haven't linked my Steam account yet (I own so many Steam games that i felt it would make more sense to just have Steam separate, and use the Galaxy client to connect everything else.) but it's still incredibly useful. There's also some fun occasions where this happens.
rJfMf5Z.png

(Those are the GOG, EGS, PS4, and Xbox One versions of LIMBO. All listed at once.)

It's easy to fix. But nevertheless it's an amusing feature.

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
I've tried it out a bit and it's nice, especially for those wanting to organize everything in one spot. I don't think I'll use it though, it's not like it stops the other launchers being necessary, and I don't mind using those for the games that need them. I'd rather download GOG games through the site without DRM.
On second thought with how terrible Steam's upcoming library seems like it's going to be I might opt for navigating it through this instead.

elcook_GOG

PR rep at GOG
Verified
Sep 6, 2019
why not list them in the settings window? I can go on github and download them, but why list only a few of them and not all of them?

We are working on a better solution for community integrations :)

elcook_GOG Hey! Would it be possible to get the option to sort our library by purchase date? The website has it, but not Galaxy. That's how I prefer to sort my games.

That's a good point. Will definitely share it with the team. You can see your latest purchases (or latest imports) in the Recent view, but that's just 25 games.

Does GoG not show pre-orders? I have Cyberpunk 2077 on Steam and GoG won't show it. Only game that doesn't show up. Don't be mad at me GoG, please.

It should be there. Please report it via the app as a bug (settings icon drop-down menu).

Are they still letting people in? I applied ages ago and never heard back.

Yep, still sending more and more invites.

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Potential dumb question, but is there a way to see my GOG profile (where my list of games and playtime is and all that) in Galaxy 2.0 ?

When I click on my avatar up top, I can see account management, but I do not see how to get to profile. On website I can do it but in the client nope.

Also, I assume it would be impossible to import playtime data from Steam into Galaxy, huh?

Rytheran

Oct 27, 2017
Just outside Holtburg
Potential dumb question, but is there a way to see my GOG profile (where my list of games and playtime is and all that) in Galaxy 2.0 ?

When I click on my avatar up top, I can see account management, but I do not see how to get to profile. On website I can do it but in the client nope.

Also, I assume it would be impossible to import playtime data from Steam into Galaxy, huh?
I don't know about the GoG profile, but it does show my game playtime from steam games for me.

elcook_GOG

PR rep at GOG
Verified
Sep 6, 2019

If you click on your avatar in Activity or on Game view (but not the one up top, which opens up the account settings) you will be taken to a simple Profile view that will show your last activity in games. This is a very basic view and we plan to work on it in future updates.

As for game time, GOG GALAXY 2.0 shows this data for all platforms that support this feature.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone have the issue where the client loses connection to Steam and uPlay? Seems to be fine with Origin and Bnet. I don't check in with the client very often, so I have no clue why this might be happening. It's definitely been multiple times now though.

J-Wood

Oct 25, 2017
So, how does this work though? Do i still need to have all those separate launcher running in the background?

SpoonSpatula

Oct 27, 2017
So, how does this work though? Do i still need to have all those separate launcher running in the background?
Yes - the GOG client automatically opens and closes the other launchers in the background (it also gives you the option of choosing whether to close the other launcher after you're done playing the game). I have them all unchecked at the moment.

aixlY9a.jpg

*Edit* As PixelatedDonut rightfully pointed out a few posts below mine, it turns out the settings in the screenshot above don't actually work yet. It's just a placeholder page.

Last edited:

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If you click on your avatar in Activity or on Game view (but not the one up top, which opens up the account settings) you will be taken to a simple Profile view that will show your last activity in games. This is a very basic view and we plan to work on it in future updates.

As for game time, GOG GALAXY 2.0 shows this data for all platforms that support this feature.
Thanks. Yeah I know about the activity feed, I meant if it is possible to display my full profile as it is on the website:

Which I guess isn't possible yet, but hopefully will be.

That's connected to the playtime - I know Galaxy shows it on pages of individual games, but what I meant is if it would be possible to see my "other platform games playtime" here:

Where I see list of all games, ordered by playtime.