• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

jenya

Oct 27, 2017
I accidentally deleted my beta invitation email, is there a way to download the launcher again?

May 30, 2018
Is it not unusual to not still have access to this? I signed up for the closed beta back in June and still don't have an invite (nothing in spam either). I just want to be a cool kid.

elcook_GOG

PR rep at GOG
Verified
Sep 6, 2019
I accidentally deleted my beta invitation email, is there a way to download the launcher again?
Is it not unusual to not still have access to this? I signed up for the closed beta back in June and still don't have an invite (nothing in spam either). I just want to be a cool kid.
I was wondering the same thing. I signed up in August and still haven't seen anything.

Try downloading the installer from www.gogalaxy.com/en/download and logging in with the email you've signed up with for the beta. If you've been invited but somehow missed the invitation itself, you'll be able to log in to GOG GALAXY 2.0.

Any plans to have a library list view but with images? Kinda of how the images were in the original galaxy?

No, we're sticking with the small, round images, as with the list view we try to make it as condensed as possible so you can fit in as much info about games as possible.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Is there any way to add it so you can add playing time manually to manually added games?

chirt

Oct 25, 2017
Still not invited to this even though I signed up in June (Alexa, play Despacito)

That said, would love to see HLTB integration for sorting into something like this. Might be too difficult but it would be so rad.
Really want to try this out. Playnite is cool but ultimately I stopped using it for various little reasons.

Carmelozi

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Hello elcook_GOG, have you planned to do something for wishlisting more easily? Like clicking on the picture of the game to put directly into the wishlist without going in the game page. I know you have more important priorities right now but I think it's a little UX element that can improve the store, at least to me.

elcook_GOG

PR rep at GOG
Verified
Sep 6, 2019
Is there any way to add it so you can add playing time manually to manually added games?

I don't think this is something we currently have in our scope of work.

Still not invited to this even though I signed up in June (Alexa, play Despacito)

That said, would love to see HLTB integration for sorting into something like this. Might be too difficult but it would be so rad.
Really want to try this out. Playnite is cool but ultimately I stopped using it for various little reasons.

Integration with HLTB is a neat idea indeed. While it's not something we're currently working on, I'm sure some able programmers from our community would be able to make this happen through community-created integrations.

Hello elcook_GOG, have you planned to do something for wishlisting more easily? Like clicking on the picture of the game to put directly into the wishlist without going in the game page. I know you have more important priorities right now but I think it's a little UX element that can improve the store, at least to me.

You mean adding games to wishlist with a right-click in the store section in GOG GALAXY? Don't think we planned it. Please drop it via the "Share feedback" option.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think this is something we currently have in our scope of work.
giphy.webp

elcook_GOG

PR rep at GOG
Verified
Sep 6, 2019
Hi all! We've just released Update 3 to GOG GALAXY 2.0 which among others features:

Duplicate games stacking
If you own more than one copy of the same game, it will now be stacked into one. Switching between copies is available using a new button on the game view.

Mouse shortcuts (Windows only)
Speed up navigation using back / forward buttons on your mouse, access your recently played games, messages from friends and more by right-clicking on the app icon in the taskbar.

GOG.COM games features
Managing your GOG.COM games becomes even more convenient – download bonus goodies like wallpapers or soundtracks, view patch notes, handle all manual updates from one place.

Let me know what you think!

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Got a BETA invite. Will try this out later. Having all your games in one place sounds neat and I wanted to clean up my PC anyway.
Does it support the Xbox App? That's my most used launcher at the moment and it's really shitty. Would be great to have a way around that :D

Hong

Oct 30, 2017
Finally got the invite today as well! For reference, I signed up in June.

Got a BETA invite. Will try this out later. Having all your games in one place sounds neat and I wanted to clean up my PC anyway.
Does it support the Xbox App? That's my most used launcher at the moment and it's really shitty. Would be great to have a way around that :D
Yes, you can connect your Xbox Live account and it will import all your Game Pass games (also Xbox games). I see it's only games I have started, as games I have only installed are not showing.

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
When opening the GOG store through the Galaxy 2.0 client, it would be nice if there was a way to search the store right on that first page. It took me a while to figure out how to actually search the GOG store as opposed to searching my existing library.

Roarer

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
Yes, you can connect your Xbox Live account and it will import all your Game Pass games (also Xbox games). I see it's only games I have started, as games I have only installed are not showing.

Oh, that explains why only some games show up. I hope this gets addressed in a future update - I know Playnite scans for all installed Windows Store/Xbox App games and adds them automatically.

Edit: Also got in today, signed up in June or July.

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
Sorry if this has been asked before, but is there any way of stopping the new client loading when Windows loads? I've always had the box unticked to load with Windows, but it does it anyway.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
My new gog account email finally got an invite so can finally try it out. Unfortunately the Steam integration keeps crashing for me. I dunno if it's cos my Steam library is pretty massive.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Finally got the invite today as well! For reference, I signed up in June.

It's only games I've started (including games I already uninstalled) and only PC. Except Halo 5, Forza Horizon 3 and Quantum Break for some reason.

I am very happy with the app. Works like a charm so far and I just love to have all the games in one place. I can't connect my PSN account though. Always says: A connection to the server could not be established

Twitch Integration isn't possible, right? I am currently adding the games manually. Can I add a game I already own on another platform manually a second time?

Sorry if this has been asked before, but is there any way of stopping the new client loading when Windows loads? I've always had the box unticked to load with Windows, but it does it anyway.
You are on Windows 10? Go Task-Manager and check your Autostart Tab.

Last edited:

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
The main thing I am still missing now is the ability to manually change the sort order of games so that series are ordered by date and not alphabetically.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Got my invite today. Don't know if this will replace Launchbox for me -- especially without a Big Picture Mode -- but I'm happy to try it out.

Nacery

Jul 11, 2018
Is something similar to franchise sorting planned? For sorting series with non homogenous titles or roman numerals?

elcook_GOG

PR rep at GOG
Verified
Sep 6, 2019
My new gog account email finally got an invite so can finally try it out. Unfortunately the Steam integration keeps crashing for me. I dunno if it's cos my Steam library is pretty massive.

We've invited a lot of people at once, so this can be the issue. Please report that via the app.

I am very happy with the app. Works like a charm so far and I just love to have all the games in one place. I can't connect my PSN account though. Always says: A connection to the server could not be established

Twitch Integration isn't possible, right? I am currently adding the games manually. Can I add a game I already own on another platform manually a second time?

Regarding connecting PSN account, as above it could be because of many people getting access and connecting platforms - please report that via the app.
For Twitch integration, stay on a lookout for community ones on GitHub.
You cannot add manually a game that you already have on a different platform.

Is anyone else having trouble saving custom artworks? For some reason it keeps reverting back today.

Please report that via the app, thanks!

Mórríoghain

Nov 2, 2017
This thing is fantastic. It is so much better than the other free launcher that I used a while ago. That thing looked like ass. Yes, it was customizable but I can't be arsed with that. Galaxy 2.0 looks sleek and works great.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Regarding connecting PSN account, as above it could be because of many people getting access and connecting platforms - please report that via the app.
For Twitch integration, stay on a lookout for community ones on GitHub.
You cannot add manually a game that you already have on a different platform.
Thanks
I added all my Twitch games manually, no problem. My settings and added games are automatically saved in the Cloud? So I don't need to re add everything when changing PCs?

I will try PlayStation connection later again and if the error is still there I will report via the app. But it's not really that important. I can't play my PS4 games on PC anyway xD

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
This thing is fantastic. It is so much better than the other free launcher that I used a while ago. That thing looked like ass. Yes, it was customizable but I can't be arsed with that. Galaxy 2.0 looks sleek and works great.
Playnite is what I use alongside this, just wish this had manually adding playtime like Playnite has. It can be buggy registering it.

May 30, 2018
is there any way for Galaxy 2.0 to distinguish between Xbox games i own vs Xbox games i've played on Game Pass? i'm guessing not but it would be great so that i don't assume i own it outright.

EDIT: though i guess that's similar to games i've claimed on PS+ but which are not technically owned either.

HoodedSoldier

Sep 29, 2018
Thanks to this thread reminding me I just checked my email and got in back on the 21st of November. WOOT WOOT

Darktalon

Oct 27, 2017
Kansas
Ummmm so I saw everyone was getting invites, and I know I was one of the first to sign up and couldn't believe I still hadn't got one... apparently I got a beta invite in July and overlooked it. >_<

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
Hi all! We've just released Update 3 to GOG GALAXY 2.0 which among others features:

Duplicate games stacking
If you own more than one copy of the same game, it will now be stacked into one. Switching between copies is available using a new button on the game view.

Mouse shortcuts (Windows only)
Speed up navigation using back / forward buttons on your mouse, access your recently played games, messages from friends and more by right-clicking on the app icon in the taskbar.

GOG.COM games features
Managing your GOG.COM games becomes even more convenient – download bonus goodies like wallpapers or soundtracks, view patch notes, handle all manual updates from one place.

Let me know what you think!
I still wish Switch games had their own separate category instead of being labeled as "Platform: Other".

Jay_AD

Oct 28, 2017
is there any way for Galaxy 2.0 to distinguish between Xbox games i own vs Xbox games i've played on Game Pass? i'm guessing not but it would be great so that i don't assume i own it outright.

EDIT: though i guess that's similar to games i've claimed on PS+ but which are not technically owned either.

I guess a lot of that has to do with how Microsoft's backend handles things. I guess their profile data doesn't distinguish once you've linked a GP game with your profile.

Xbox games are also really weird about game time tracking. On some games (Halo MCC, FH4) it works, everything else I've tried from Game Pass doesn't have it. But in those cases, it's also not tracked on my Xbox profile (which is also a nightmare to navigate on PC). So... probably also a MS problem.

I mean, both services are still very much in beta and WIP, so stuff like that is bound to happen. I hope the Xbox stuff gets more consistent once their service gets closer to 1.0

Polyh3dron

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
standards.png

When I read the pitch for this beta and how it would bring all launchers together, I couldn't help but think of this

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It annoys me that it lists the hidden games as part of the total games on the side. I wish it only counted the ones I didn't hide.