• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CHC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Loving this so far. One option I would like, though, is for the app to condense games you have two copies of (on multiple launchers) and condense them to one icon. Then just ask which to use when it launches, and then have a sub option to always launch there by default.

Also excited for auto-quit options when games are closed in their respective launchers.

Beardanidas

Oct 28, 2017
Loving except for the insanely high cpu usage, doesnt seem like a common issue though. 40-50%+ on average cpu usage. And I have a i7 2600k @4.4ghz

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
I got in, only to realise I signed up with the wrong email address, as in, not the one I have associated with my GOG account :(

elcook_GOG

PR rep at GOG
Verified
Sep 6, 2019
Loving this so far. One option I would like, though, is for the app to condense games you have two copies of (on multiple launchers) and condense them to one icon. Then just ask which to use when it launches, and then have a sub option to always launch there by default.

Also excited for auto-quit options when games are closed in their respective launchers.

Glad you like it. As for merging duplicates, we're aware of this and keep it high on the priority list for our updates. Auto quitting and auto launching respective launchers is coming.

Loving except for the insanely high cpu usage, doesnt seem like a common issue though. 40-50%+ on average cpu usage. And I have a i7 2600k @4.4ghz

This should definitely not be the case. Can you report this via the app, listing your specs and what integrations you're using with GOG GALAXY 2.0? Thanks!

I got in, only to realise I signed up with the wrong email address, as in, not the one I have associated with my GOG account :(

Just like crepuscule suggested, you can change the email address associated with your GOG account and the beta will work for you.

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
You can change your GOG email to the one you used to sign up and it will work. It did for me at least.
Glad you like it. As for merging duplicates, we're aware of this and keep it high on the priority list for our updates. Auto quitting and auto launching respective launchers is coming.

This should definitely not be the case. Can you report this via the app, listing your specs and what integrations you're using with GOG GALAXY 2.0? Thanks!

Just like crepuscule suggested, you can change the email address associated with your GOG account and the beta will work for you.
Great, thanks!

Orzix

Oct 30, 2017
Just got in and it's already amazing! Can't wait for the upcoming features. So far so good!

Nov 6, 2017
Just got into the beta and the official xbox integration isn't working right for me - it picks up all my Windows games, 1 of my Windows Phone 7 games (I know), 1 of my Windows Phone 8 games (really, I know) and a single 360 game (Hexic HD) - perhaps because I'm a weird case as my 360 account is Japan region, but Windows Store account is in the UK (moved several years ago and didn't want to change region as I'd lose about 3/4 of my 360 purchases)

Kelanflyter

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
France
I tried the new app, and it's great, but yes dupplicate games are a problem.
Also, my Xbox Library is full of demo games that i have to hide manualy, but it's the same issue on the Xbox One.

Is there any plans to :

- Include Xbox 360 games in the Xbox section ?
- Include PSN+ games (with a distinction with owned PSN games)
- Include Games With Gold games (with a distinction with owned XBL games)
- Add a Nintendo Switch section ?
- Add a Twitch prime option ?
- Add a filter between Digital and Retail games for Xbox/PS sections ?

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017
Just got into the beta and the official xbox integration isn't working right for me - it picks up all my Windows games, 1 of my Windows Phone 7 games (I know), 1 of my Windows Phone 8 games (really, I know) and a single 360 game (Hexic HD) - perhaps because I'm a weird case as my 360 account is Japan region, but Windows Store account is in the UK (moved several years ago and didn't want to change region as I'd lose about 3/4 of my 360 purchases)

Got into as well but can't try till home, seems a new wave was sent out today.

- Add a Twitch prime option ?

Got plenty of games on there from the free offerings so would be nice.

JediEagle

Oct 17, 2018
Slovenia
Yes, there is a PS4 integration made by the community – it gathers all games you own on PS4 with achievements. It's pretty neat I have to say :)

Any idea why there's a few games it can't read? For example, it does not register Marvel's Spiderman and Darksiders 3. At first I thought it's because it was a while since I played them, but there are other games on the list I haven't touched for much longer (like God of War)

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wish I could start games by clicking on the image of the game (like it is possible in steam grid view, to choose "play" or "details")

Hetz

Oct 27, 2017
I still haven't gotten an invite. I signed up in June. I really want to try this out. I have so many games on so many platforms. Oh well, back to waiting....

Nov 6, 2017
Doesn't the PS integration look at trophies as opposed to owned games. I have a bunch of games in gog that I do not own but have played in the past.
It shows several games that I've downloaded (or added to my account for Plus games) but not played and it shows a game I've played on an expired psn plus trial in a different region as well as the same game for my actual psn account region (I think that's why it is doubled?) so I have no idea what it's doing (it does seem to only show PS4 games though - there are a couple of games I have where the trophy set is PS3/Vita/PS4 but I've got the PS3 or Vita version and they're not shown.) It also seems to freak out if you play games from outside your account region so mine shows Gravity Rush 2 and Gravity Daze 2 with the same set of achievements/play data.

mddover

Jan 9, 2019
I'm really liking this far - it absolutely shows tons of promise.

My games collection is extremely unwieldy, and so what would be an absolute godsend for me are more ways to automatically sort and filter what I have. Maybe I just overlooked something, but what I'd really love are community-generated tags. Tagging my collection would practically be a full-time job, so I need ways to automate the process.

elcook_GOG

PR rep at GOG
Verified
Sep 6, 2019
Maybe i can't see my PSN+ games because my PSN+ has expired

If I remember correctly, once you stop using PSN+, all those games you got from the subscription are taken away, probably that's why you can't see them in GOG GALAXY 2.0. Also, please keep in mind that the PSN integration is one done by the community, so it uses the publicly available information from your account rather than operate on an official API.

Any idea why there's a few games it can't read? For example, it does not register Marvel's Spiderman and Darksiders 3. At first I thought it's because it was a while since I played them, but there are other games on the list I haven't touched for much longer (like God of War)

That's weird, as the games mentioned by you, show up in my library of PSN games. Try maybe refreshing the integration or reconnecting it. And as mentioned above, keep in mind the PSN integration is not an official one but done by the community, so it may miss some features or be buggy at times.

I wish I could start games by clicking on the image of the game (like it is possible in steam grid view, to choose "play" or "details")

You can! Just right-click on the game's cover and choose "Play" or "Install" :)

I still haven't gotten an invite. I signed up in June. I really want to try this out. I have so many games on so many platforms. Oh well, back to waiting....

Try checking your SPAM folder as well, maybe the invite is there.

elcook_GOG Would it be possible to add non-commercial games to Galaxy? I'd like to add Twisted Insurrection, a stand-alone total conversion of C&C Tiberian Sun.

That's a matter of adding specific titles to our database. |I checked and Twisted Insurrection is not there, but you can report it via the app and we'll see if we can add it.

I'm really liking this far - it absolutely shows tons of promise.

My games collection is extremely unwieldy, and so what would be an absolute godsend for me are more ways to automatically sort and filter what I have. Maybe I just overlooked something, but what I'd really love are community-generated tags. Tagging my collection would practically be a full-time job, so I need ways to automate the process.

Automated tagging. Interesting idea. If possible, please drop that piece of feedback via the Feedback option in the app, so our devs can look into that and maybe figure something out :)

I hope there is way in the future to merge games on multiple platforms into one tile. Loving it so far

It's on our list ;)

Could you please report that via the app, so we can look into this in detail? Thanks!

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Finally got my invite ^o^v

This thing really needs controller config like on Steam at least. All its other features are neat, but having controller config would put me one step closer to getting more stuff (namely classics!) on GOG than on Steam.
One other neat feature I would like them to include if possible is having your GOG activity such as screenshots etc. be viewable on Steam activity feed for your friends as well (and vice versa if possible!)

elcook_GOG

PR rep at GOG
Verified
Sep 6, 2019
Nice! Any idea or can you talk about if it will be automatic? Or would you force it yourself?

We're aiming to make it automatic :)

One other neat feature I would like them to include if possible is having your GOG activity such as screenshots etc. be viewable on Steam activity feed for your friends as well (and vice versa if possible!)

But that would need to be a Steam feature, not something GOG GALAXY 2.0 would do. Right?

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
I wish GOG Galaxy also added "Nintendo Switch" as a list of platforms, as oppose to needing to manually tag games to add "Nintendo Switch" to them, and seeing them listed as "Other".

Jay_AD

Oct 28, 2017
Really happy with it so far. I had the "no command line options on shortcuts" problem, which I've reported as feedback, but for now I have just gone ahead and organized everything with batch files. Works pretty well, but it was a bit of work.

This is how I've organised my games so far:
2019-10-102yqja3.png

Maybe a little unwieldy with the "installed", but I got used to it pretty fast.

"Other, No tags" are mainly older retail PC games, custom/modded installs and source ports, and freeware stuff like Stepmania. "Other, Dosbox" is all my DOS games, because I like to set up my own Dosbox configs with ECE rather than using pre-packaged stuff + a lot of games not sold anywhere anymore. I basically never use the "All Games" tab.

The game database seems to be pretty good btw, even for games that aren't on any launcher. I have some pretty arcane stuff in there, only had 2-3 cases where I couldn't find an entry.

Galaxy 2.0 is for now my go-to frontend for PC gaming. Pretty nifty overall. Again, big fan of the unified game-time tracking. I just like to know how much I've played my games. :D

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You can! Just right-click on the game's cover and choose "Play" or "Install" :)
hah how did I not notice that
It is good, although it still requires that unnecessary rightclick (bit inconvenient when using logitech k400 for TV gaming), it would be more convenient if it was more like steam - just hover the cursor over the cover and option to play/details appears at the bottom of the cover, like this (for some reason mouse cursor is not visible in the shot, but it is there):

desktopscreenshot2019f4jyx.png

Still, great work so far, I am already tempted to use Galaxy as my default launcher after almost 15 years with steam.

elcook_GOG

PR rep at GOG
Verified
Sep 6, 2019
hah how did I not notice that
It is good, although it still requires that unnecessary rightclick (bit inconvenient when using logitech k400 for TV gaming), it would be more convenient if it was more like steam - just hover the cursor over the cover and option to play/details appears at the bottom of the cover, like this (for some reason mouse cursor is not visible in the shot, but it is there)

You can add "Status" in the "Cusomize grid view" option from the dropdown settings (http://prnt.sc/phu78b) and you'll see "Play" or "Install" option (http://prnt.sc/phu8il) without the right-click hassle :)

Sorry for links to screenshots, but uploading it directly to the post didn't work for me.

b0uncyfr0

Apr 2, 2018
Finally got my invite - thank goodness!

I think the first initial issue was the back buttons on my mouse not working - that was surprising. Unless I was doing something wrong.

Aquova

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Kansas
It's really cool so far, and I'm really enjoying it. I have been having issues with getting some of the integrations to work on Mac however. Epic and Origin synced their games properly, but Steam and PSN refuse to do so, it always lists it as unavailable. It wasn't until I tried it on Windows that the integration worked fine, but the issue still persists on my Mac. I filed a bug report, so hopefully it gets looked into soon.

And if anyone is listening, Linux port please!!

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You can add "Status" in the "Cusomize grid view" option from the dropdown settings (http://prnt.sc/phu78b) and you'll see "Play" or "Install" option (http://prnt.sc/phu8il) without the right-click hassle :)

Sorry for links to screenshots, but uploading it directly to the post didn't work for me.

Hah, I actually did know about this. But when enabled it makes the library look significantly uglier, so I disabled it again. Still think steam's solution is most aesthetically pleasing and easy to use :)

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I wish this didn't have to scan my libraries every time I launch it. It feels bloated and sluggish. Why can't it remember my additions and assume I don't regularly remove games from my libraries?

It also lost connection to my Steam library multiple times.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got around to installing the app and connecting all of my accounts. I really like the stat tracking features here and the updates it gives you on how many hours you're putting into games. Having all of my PC games in one place just to browse through and see what all I own throughout the various store apps is very convenient.

My only real complaint (if you even want to call it that) is that I don't really see the usefulness of adding console games to it. I connected my XBL and PSN accounts and it flooded my library with games I can't even play unless I move to a console. I could see people finding this useful for the stats and to keep track of their console games, but for me I would much rather keep this to only PC games that I can actually launch and play while on my PC. I know I can filter them out but I'd rather not even have them in the equation. That's just me though.

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
My only real complaint (if you even want to call it that) is that I don't really see the usefulness of adding console games to it. I connected my XBL and PSN accounts and it flooded my library with games I can't even play unless I move to a console. I could see people finding this useful for the stats and to keep track of their console games, but for me I would much rather keep this to only PC games that I can actually launch and play while on my PC. I know I can filter them out but I'd rather not even have them in the equation. That's just me though.
That's a really weird complaint to have. Just remove the integration and your problem is solved.
I like it to see my "complete" collection. 😊

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
Finally got around to installing the app and connecting all of my accounts. I really like the stat tracking features here and the updates it gives you on how many hours you're putting into games. Having all of my PC games in one place just to browse through and see what all I own throughout the various store apps is very convenient.

XBL account includes PC Gamepass games so it's useful in that sense.

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
One more question, is it possible to set Galaxy to start with windows already opened? It starts, but minimized to tray. With Steam I had it set to start open so I can see my library after PC starts instead of useless desktop wallpaper.

Cripterion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Launched the client yesterday and lo and behold I could get in (I guess I missed the invite mail). This stuff is awesome. I only had to add the Twitch stuff manually but it really rocks and it's a marvel seeing all the game library there. And on about close to a thousand titles I think only 2 tiles didn't have a thumbnail.

You guys are doing marvelous work. Client is quite responsive to browse through too, I have way less titles on Origin for example and the thing is laggy when i'm going up and down my library.

Last edited:

elcook_GOG

PR rep at GOG
Verified
Sep 6, 2019

Thanks for all the kind words :) As for the complaint you have, as it was mentioned by others, you don't have to connect console platforms and you should be good ;)

One more question, is it possible to set Galaxy to start with windows already opened? It starts, but minimized to tray. With Steam I had it set to start open so I can see my library after PC starts instead of useless desktop wallpaper.

Hm, that's a good point. I'll bring this up to dev team.

Launched the client yesterday and lo and behold I could get in (I guess I missed the invite mail). This stuff is awesome. I only had to add the Twitch stuff manually but it really rocks and it's a marvel seeing all the game library there. And on about close to a thousand titles I think only 2 tiles didn't have a thumbnail.

You guys are doing marvelous work. Client is quite responsive to browse through too, I have way less titles on Origin for example and the thing is laggy when i'm going up and down my library.

Thank you for all the praise, I'll share it with the team :) Glad you like what we've done so far - and there's plenty ahead of us. As for the invite, it may got stuck in your SPAM folder.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for all the kind words :) As for the complaint you have, as it was mentioned by others, you don't have to connect console platforms and you should be good ;)

That's exactly what I did. I just disconnected Xbox and Playstation and solved my minor complaint. Great job on the app! It's really useful.

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hm, that's a good point. I'll bring this up to dev team.
Thanks. One more question, I assume it is normal that Galaxy runs several python.exe processes one of which seems to be using around 1-2% CPU even when nothing is done on the PC?

Btw I have already pretty much switched to Galaxy from Steam...it is damn convenient to have games from all launchers in single place, even xbox gamepass games.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know how to manually add played time to a manually added game, like Playnite allows?

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Played time tracking is bugged to fuck for me.

On GOG Disco Elysium shows 6 hours and 41m

Playnite shows over 11 hours (Which is correct)

I always launch it using gog galaxy too