• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Pilgrimzero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Got it installed l! So awesome!

This may actually get me to buy more often from other platforms.

Can I add Bethesda's launcher somehow?
And Blizzard?

And what's the point of the PS And X-Box connections?

I'm guessing I still have to visit the actual storefronts to purchase new stuff

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Me rn:

giphy.gif

Achtung

Oct 25, 2017
Just got my email.. have to wait till after work to install.. excited to give it a go.

Deleted member 18742

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
BTW I think they just finished sign ups for the first day 5/22. So essentially, if you signed up after 5/23, mind as well wait until the open beta. Incredibly disappointing roll out. It's just making more future customers and users more frustrated than excited to use it

Transistor

Vodka martini, dirty, with Tito's please
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Wow, I can't believe they still haven't fixed the issue where the GOG client crashes if you're connected over a remote desktop session.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Its not possible to use the chat from the different clients, right? Is that a planned feature or is it an impossible one?

ScoobsJoestar

May 30, 2019
Is there any way of using the FPS counter from the original Galaxy on Galaxy 2.0? What I loved the most about the old galaxy was having a toggle for FPS. Like I want to test graphics settings once in a while but I don't want my FPS displaying forever, so the original launcher was my favorite thing because of its toggle.

dgrdsv

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any way of using the FPS counter from the original Galaxy on Galaxy 2.0? What I loved the most about the old galaxy was having a toggle for FPS. Like I want to test graphics settings once in a while but I don't want my FPS displaying forever, so the original launcher was my favorite thing because of its toggle.
You can setup an OSD toggle hotkey in pretty much any utility capable of displaying the fps number.

Achtung

Oct 25, 2017
So.. is there not a profile page yet? I enjoyed the adding up of games, achievements and total play time on a profile page. I see they have some very cool leaderboard options that might display this info with some effort but I hope they add a profile page.

Also it sorta blew my mind once I connected everything and imported my 4000+ games... that when you have played the same game on multiple platforms it adds up the time and progress together and you can hover over say time played and it breaks it down by platform. Just very cool stuff for a stat freak like me.

Sankara

Alt Account
Banned
May 19, 2019
Paris
just got an invite today and i gotta say, i am amazed how easy it was to integrate everything and how many of these games are supported. I will most definitely proceed with using 2.0 from now on, now that everything is collected under one browser.

seriously amazed.

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Is there no auto update or has there just been no new release. Mine is still on 2.0.4 from back in July.
Cannot find a new download link on the website either.

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
Finally more invites? The initial pool must have been tiny because I registered a couple hours in on day one and still haven't received an invite yet.

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
Pretty sweet new update, and can finally launch Xbox app games too! Really puts Steam to shame when it comes to easily playing non-steam games.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Wow this new update is impressive! Now if I only could chainload it easily with Steam for Steam Input I think I would really use GOG Galaxy 2.0 as my main launcher/library!

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
Wow this new update is impressive! Now if I only could chainload it easily with Steam for Steam Input I think I would really use GOG Galaxy 2.0 as my main launcher/library!
You can have it automatically open and close steam when you launch/exit games although I haven't fooled around with it that much.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
You can have it automatically open and close steam when you launch/exit games although I haven't fooled around with it that much.

Oh that's not the issue, I don't mind Steam running all the time, I have it on auto-start anyway but I use A Dualshock 4 as my main PC controller and since Steam Input is far superior to DS4Windows and other drivers I pretty much have to run every game I play with a controller through Steam. That makes having another layer on-top of it a bit redundant and convoluted. I wish Valve would break out Steam Input as a system-level driver instead of being tied to "launched through Steam". I know there are tools like GloSC that attempt this but it's not ideal.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
I've been loving it and I don't think I can go back to steam even with its new update, especially if Galaxy keeps updating.

Deleted member 15476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New update is up
2.0.6 Closed Beta (September 26, 2019)

Downloads View:
  • Downloads can now be dragged and dropped by grabbing anywhere on the row
  • Fixed minor bugs
Games (Xbox):
  • Fixed an issue with games not being recognized as installed/playable
  • Fixed an issue with launched games not being focused
GOG.com store:
  • Added GOG.com wishlist to top navigation
Integrations:
  • Fixed an issue with Xbox plugin CPU usage
Library:
  • Optimized communication with backend
What's New:
  • Fixed an issue with centering the window

elcook_GOG

PR rep at GOG
Verified
Sep 6, 2019
not ungrateful, but these past few updates haven't really implemented anything new.

Yesterday's update was more of a patch to Atlas Update. And with Atlas, we've introduced Global Search, ability to add games manually + link executable + game time tracking. On top of that, new ways to sort and view your library. I wouldn't call that "haven't really implemented anything new" ;)