• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 36543

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 20, 2017
I guarantee there is a 3rd Kaiju that is the real threat. Can't have the 2 apex good Kaijus fighting to the death.

Slackerchan

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Man, I *really* hope Toho extends the contract after this one.

Agreed. I'm hoping that we eventually get to see Legendary do Destroyah. I mean, just look at this demonic asshole. I really like Toho's idea of taking a xenomorph and turning it into a proper kaiju.

destoroyah.jpg

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope they renegotiate it so that it allows Toho to make Godzilla movies simultaneously along with Hollywood. From everything I've read that original hangup with this current deal is something that might prevent the deal from getting extended in its current form.
I want sequel were Japanese Godzilla fights American Godzilla while fighting Kong.

ozzyh26

Oct 28, 2017
Isn't Skull Island Kong size the silhouette at 100 on the chart? I think the artist sized Kong up for those drawings and the person you quoted hopes Kong is around that size officially.
That image of them clashing that the size comparison is scaled to is a leak from one of the film sets for GvK. Whoever made this illistration is using that to scale Kong's apparent size in the new movie.
Here's the image from the set leak.
https://www.dreadcentral.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/Godzilla-vs-Kong-Concept-Art.jpg

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
As somebody who is gonna watch the shit out of this, I'm pretty sure it'll be bad. Wingard is mediocre and the lead writer is just bad. Spectacle should be worth it though.

Torpedo Vegas

Oct 27, 2017
Parts Unknown.
I'm hyped.

200.gif

Kong better hope it's a team up half way through script, cause there is only one king.

Up from the depths
30 stories high
breathing fire
his head in the sky
GOZILLA, GODZILLA!

Oct 27, 2017
The first teaser trailer should be ridiculously hype inducing.

Wonder what the big bad they'll both team up to fight at the end will be.

It should be King Ghidorah. I kind of feel like they've blown their load too early by putting him in the second film in the series when really they should build up to him as a Thanos-type foe.

Papacheeks

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watertown, NY
As somebody who is gonna watch the shit out of this, I'm pretty sure it'll be bad. Wingard is mediocre and the lead writer is just bad. Spectacle should be worth it though.

Honestly we don't go to monster movies to see Bridges of Madison county. We go to watch monsters beat the shit out each other in glorious spectacle.

unless at the end of kotm godzilla gets wrecked by king ghidorah... leaving the earth in peril

That would be some awesome shit. Imagine Godzilla getting beat real bad, but is able to defend off Ghidorah but not kill him. He washes up at skull island to heal, and Kong is there.

That be some shit.

I don't care either way I'm in the minority but I love that all this is happening. i loved Godzilla as a kid, and even though it's an uneven film 2014 Godzilla was still good. And I love godzilla's design. I think they nailed it honestly.

I'm just happy stuff from my childhood is getting big money behind it in this Kaiju craze.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
They'll have 3 fights, each of them not more than a minute long, before taking on a mutual enemy and finding the power of friendship

Please prove me wrong Legendary

GraveRobberX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
WTF that's a quick turn around

Usually you hear delays or pushed back, not pushed up

Guess WB got some amazing rendering farms going Ape Shit to make the deadline

BUNTING1243

Oct 25, 2017
I wish Edwards was still involved in this. I think he really nailed the scale of Godzilla and I'm worried some of that sense of majesty will be lost

Jul 18, 2018
WTF that's a quick turn around

Usually you hear delays or pushed back, not pushed up

Guess WB got some amazing rendering farms going Ape Shit to make the deadline
I'm guessing they will be using the same teams as KOTM?
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3741700/companycredits

Special Effects

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
IMO KotM will be better, and better received/revered than GvK. But that said, it's still pretty cool for Kaiju fans to have both of these movies happening within the next 13 months. Get hype!

RedStep

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
7L9MuygC_o.jpg

3q4by73rst921.jpg

Hoping there is a size difference similar to either of this photos. I want to see Kong at a decent size disadvantage.

Kong's gonna have that Spider Monkey fighting style, scrambling all up G's back tearing out his spine and shit while he flails with his tiny arms. And he can't even fall on his back due to that big-ass tail so game over. Heart rip from the back and we all go home.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Hope their mothers doesn't have the same name.

Still, excited for this. Hope the fight will be brutal.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
I don't see how Godzilla loses to Kong.

Godzilla took down two Mutos and will obviously defeat Ghidorah and/or Rodan just to make it to the next movie.

Why would a big ape be able to stop him?

Or better yet, why would Godzilla pick a fight with Kong in the first place? He's playing the defensive role in the Monarch universe. Unless Kong is turning heel?