• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schlorgan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Salt Lake City, Utah

Pfj5mvI.gif

This movie is out in 2 months.

Brat-Sampson

Nov 16, 2017
It's basically the same footage from the HBO montage. Starting to suspect this film is around 2 seconds long.

Deleted member 34714

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 28, 2017
They must have nothing... that's literally old teaser footage with the white background text stuff added. This movie must be really bad that they don't even try to market it properly like a normal movie.

edit: nm it's fan made.

Last edited:

buttzilla

Sep 9, 2020
Not a good feeling that the only footage they keep showing is on top of this aircraft carrier. Is this the only scene where they fight?

Charcoal

Nov 2, 2017
Not a good feeling that the only footage they keep showing is on top of this aircraft carrier. Is this the only scene where they fight?
I have no doubt that's the case. It will be 120 minutes of building suspense as we see both of them slowly walk around in fog, only to culminate with an 8 minute fight scene.

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
How is Kong so much bigger than Godzilla? This incarnation of Godzilla is supposed to be absolutely massive

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
How is Kong so much bigger than Godzilla? This incarnation of Godzilla is supposed to be absolutely massive

The Monsterverse is such a slapdash pile of nonsense it makes the DCEU look well planned, so I'm guessing it's because he had to be to fight Godzilla in this movie and that's about as far as it goes.

As for how little has been shown, maybe they're trying to avoid the mistake they made with KOTM in showing literally every bit of monster footage in the movie as part of the marketing so there was nothing left of note to see in the actual film.

Oct 25, 2017
Fan account reusing footage from the HBO teaser

Not that it excuses their actual complete lack of marketing for this movie

Last edited:

Deleted member 6730

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I imagine Covid and the Max shift fucked up the marketing cycle. Tons of streaming content don't get trailers until a month or even weeks until release.

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Can we get a real trailer for this and Space Jam 2 at some point? Please?

Rag

Oct 30, 2017
I really hope this has the fun adventure feel from Skull Island. That movie is better than it has any right to be.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Kong looks pretty bad. And how the hell is he even the size of Godzilla? This version of Godzilla is HUGE

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
im still fine not getting a trailer. at this point being removed completely from the theatrical experience, I'm ready for studios to dead drop movies and I'll watch expecting nothing and it'll be great.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I fully expect these clips to be the only CG shots in the movie.

The rest shall be achieved via sock puppetry and interpretive dance.

Status
Not open for further replies.