• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
I loved King of Monsters. Watched in the London IMAX and also in the 4d in Spain (best 4d experience i ever had)

Cant wait for this one, hopefully when it releases we are in a bette rplace and we can go to the cinema again.

I want Godzilla to win, but is probably gonna be King Kong. Although its probably a , they fight at the beginning, then they fight a greatter baddy and both fuck off to their respective island by the end, which im actually ok with.

If Godzilla falls, is becuase its gonna save king kong's ass from the other monster (or viceversa).
So do we know who is the bigger baddie? There were some rumours that were planted with King of Monsters, but who knows what direction this director went.

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
My hype level is pretty much zero after King of Monsters. Maybe the trailer will stir something in me.

Sunnz

Apr 16, 2019
If it's once again all poster showing monsters, trailers showing monsters and then ends up being 90% humans with quick cuts of monsters were any action gets cut to human drama, then I forever will give up legendary/ who ever produced it.

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
If anyone needs to catch up with the story before watching this they should check out the prequel Kramer Vs. Kramer.

Oct 25, 2017
Agree totally.

This will be a film made for the big screen experience and the heavy bass of the theatre sound set up.

I suppose we just have to be thankful that we can still see it at all.
I feel the same, real shame I likely wont be seeing this in theaters the first time
maybe ill turn out all the lights and sit a little too close to the tv in my desk chair with some popcorn

JohnnyToonami

Dec 16, 2018
Earth
I was really looking forward to King of Monsters, which turned out to be so unbelievably bad. Don't know what i should expect of this one.
This director is even worse so it'll be trash. Somehow these Western Godzilla films refuse to even try to capture anything that makes Godzilla films well... Godzilla films. Can't have any wonky scifi stuff in them ffs and I mean the really out there stuff.

Oct 25, 2017
That fair. I can definitely understand that.

I just hope we get Kong shoving an uprooted tree into Godzilla's mouth like the original.

Yeah, I actually do like 2014 a lot because everyone was kinda just going "yo, wtf is Godzilla" and people were legit terrified of him and how that movie presents him is very similar to Jaws by not showing you too much of him till the very end.

King of the Monsters just had people constantly tell you "how amazing Godzilla was and how big his dick is"

I guess very much an example of "show don't tell"

Oct 25, 2017
I just hope we get Kong shoving an uprooted tree into Godzilla's mouth like the original.
Yes please
ZvJs76u.gif

Dysun

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
They should put 'Made by the director of Death Note' on the poster just to let you know where to set your expectations.

19thCenturyFox

Prophet of Regret
Oct 29, 2017
Apparently this movie has been heavily retooled after the initial leaks so I'm curious whether some of the more insane shit they planned is still in it. I hope so.

superpickleman

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Eh, I've seen far worse in theaters

*shudders*
The-Devil-Inside-Ending-Screen.jpg

Don't go to that URL. It's long dead and idk what replaced it

Why they thought this was a good ending I'll never know.
This will forever be the worst moviegoing experience of my life. I couldn't get over how trash that movie and ending was for a long time.

ShroudOfFate

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
After how shit King of the Monsters was I have zero expectations for this, but I got in on the 6month deal of HBO Max so I'll give it a watch anyway

19thCenturyFox

Prophet of Regret
Oct 29, 2017
Wait, what did the leaks say...?

Monarch, Kong and the Big G go into the Hollow Earth and Big G puts on armor that was built for him by an ancient civilization that worshipped him, meanwhile Kong builds a giant axe and they end up fighting Mechagodzilla.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Lol the best things about King of Monsters were the posters & trailers.. the movie itself was complete shit.

Let's see if for the 3rd Godzilla movie they'll finally understand that people would like to see the actual fucking monsters instead of boring, clichéd to the max, dumbass humans talking about crap for 2 hours with random 30 seconds glimpses of said monsters the entire movie is about.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So, what's the plot. People say Godzilla is good but is Kong good too so why the fight?

Thordinson

Aug 1, 2018
Lol the best things about King of Monsters were the posters & trailers.. the movie itself was complete shit.

Let's see if for the 3rd Godzilla movie they'll finally understand that people would like to see the actual fucking monsters instead of boring, clichéd to the max, dumbass humans talking about crap for 2 hours with random 30 seconds glimpses of said monsters the entire movie is about.

I wouldn't get your hopes up for that. Kaiju Movies aren't like that.

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
It's finally here. The film a few people were asking for.

As a lifelong Goji fan, I'm just kinda excited for this. KotM was mind-numbingly bad, and have no faith in the creatives involved.

Ishmael

Oct 27, 2017
Monarch, Kong and the Big G go into the Hollow Earth and Big G puts on armor that was built for him by an ancient civilization that worshipped him, meanwhile Kong builds a giant axe and they end up fighting Mechagodzilla.
I dearly hope this is in the movie. I love the idea that grown adults spent a great deal of time and hundreds of millions of dollars bringing something this absurd to the screen.

OP
OP
shinobi602

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I might be misremembering but I felt like we saw way more of the monsters in KOTM than Godzilla 2014.