• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
First reviews for Godzilla: King of the Monsters are hitting:

The Hollywood Reporter
Easily the most satisfying of his Hollywood-produced adventures and a respectable cousin to the long string of Japanese ones, the sequel to Gareth Edwards' admirably serious but dullish 2014 film is the first to suggest any promise for what Legendary is calling its "MonsterVerse" — a franchise in which the Japanese kaiju world meshes with that of Hollywood's favorite oversized ape, King Kong.

Gizmodo
As a love letter to the cinematic history of these beloved beasts, King of the Monsters excels, an antidote to the collective dismay that Gareth Edwards' 2014 cinematic reboot spent more time teasing epic monster fights instead of actually showing them.

Variety
This isn't a "Godzilla" sequel that throws one or two additional monsters into the mix. It's a full-blown, shoot-the-works, open-the-floodgates-and-let-it-rip primeval-beastie blowout, like a remake of the 1964 Japanese orgy "Ghidora, King of the Monsters" — which, in effect, it is. It's the third film in Legendary's MonsterVerse, coming after "Godzilla" and "Kong: Skull Island," but I'll be damned if I could tell you how it advances the larger narrative. We're now all set up for "Godzilla vs. Kong," coming in 2020, but if you told me that the next film in the franchise was "Party with Megalon," it would make about as much sense.

Trailer Track:

Real

Oct 28, 2017
This could get a 1% RT Score and I'll still be in there like swimwear.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
Any critic between me and this film is simply

JmaYfO74unBoE8irKxMUdhkn1Ho=.gif

It's a special exception where I couldn't give a hoot about any of that jazz. This is everything kid me that loved Godzilla films wants to see.

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
As long as the movie delivers on the kaiju action I'm happy.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Reviews are looking shaky so far...but the visuals/action should be off the chain
Seeing it this week in Dolby with A-List

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
The Claire De Lune trailer really had me thinking they nailed the human element of this... oh well, my IMAX tickets are already purchased

Corky

Alt account
Banned
Dec 5, 2018
Why do people care about review scores for a film like this. What do you think critics would give the Japanese Godzilla films lol

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
Reviews are pouring in, they're almost all negative. Doubt this ends up at higher than a 50 RT.

For reference, the Gareth Edwards film has a 74.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
getting shitted on but I refuse to believe this is as shit as Kong Skull Island or as boring as Edwards' movie. It feels incapable of either going by trailers

the Edwards one had a great sense of scale tho.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
The last movie has a 74 on rotten Tomatoes and it only had Godzilla for 10 minutes of film, I've seen more of Godzilla in the trailers than in the previous film. Will see this multiple times like people see Marvel movies multiple times.

Corky

Alt account
Banned
Dec 5, 2018
getting shitted on but I refuse to believe this is as shit as Kong Skull Island or as boring as Edwards' movie. It feels incapable of either going by trailers

the Edwards one had a great sense of scale tho.
Skull island was grand, exactly what these movies need to be

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
The Guardian:

As an unintentional comedy, the film does work to a degree, filled with so much stupidity that if not for 1998's atrocious Matthew Broderick-starring Godzilla, this would be the dumbest English language version to date.

So it's the 2nd dumbest English Language Version...making it also the 2nd Smartest as there are only 3 English ones!