• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hampig

Oct 25, 2017
As somebody who's favorite Godzilla movie has always been "Ghidora, the Three-Headed Monster", I could not be more excited for this movie. Looks amazing.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As somebody who's favorite Godzilla movie has always been "Ghidora, the Three-Headed Monster", I could not be more excited for this movie. Looks amazing.
Invasion of the Astro-Monster has always been my favorite. I love when Godzilla gets mashed up with science fiction.

Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla 74 is my second favorite.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Might be a good idea to watch the 2014 movie, which this is the sequel to. And probably Kong: Skull Island before next year's Godzilla Vs Kong movie.
Ehhhh I loved Godzilla 14 but it's not that important.

Go watch Godzilla 1954, Ghidorah the 3 Headed monster and possibly.....Destroy All Monsters because of well....lots of monsters.

That covers all Godzilla's bases

Bad Guy
Anti Hero
And Good Guy

Is the HBO 10 Minute sneak peak the same as IMAX sneak peak?

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Ehhhh I loved Godzilla 14 but it's not that important.

Go watch Godzilla 1954, Ghidorah the 3 Headed monster and possibly.....Destroy All Monsters because of well....lots of monsters.

That covers all Godzilla's bases

Bad Guy
Anti Hero
And Good Guy

Is the HBO 10 Minute sneak peak the same as IMAX sneak peak?
Godzilla 2014 and Skull Island are still awesome movies and worth the watch. It doesn't hurt that they directly lead into KotM (in a way). I still recommend watching them if anyone hasn't and is interested in this.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
latest
Perfect. A suitable replacement for Aaron Taylor-Johnson as the annoying screen hog when there are 17 other fucking monsters that people came to see.

Deleted member 54292

Banned
Feb 27, 2019
I think they said they would mention him only.

And since you don't know, they already announced a Kong vs Godzilla movie. It's already done shooting and will come out next year.
This was the end credits scene to Kong: Skull Island:

Kong might make a cameo/the events of that movie might be mentioned here in some way, but next March we're getting Godzilla Vs Kong.

He is. Definitely give Skull Island a watch! I wouldn't be surprised to see a post-credits scene tease.

The next one after this is Godzilla vs Kong.

awesome! Thanks :)

tazmin

Oct 30, 2017
This will probably my blockbuster of the year and it'll probably tie with Detective Pikachu

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Man there were some ultra fucking cringe moments in that trailer - "Oh my Godzilla" and "Yeah let's take him out for a beer."#

Also the cheesy zoom in on Eleven when she screams at the end.

The action looks sick at least.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Man there were some ultra fucking cringe moments in that trailer - "Oh my Godzilla" and "Yeah let's take him out for a beer."#

"Damn riiight!"

And yeah, I'm already sick of that kid screaming.

Imagine her screaming in Dolby Atmos. Just imagine.

Josh378

Oct 27, 2017
ISn't King Ghidorah was originally not from earth and he landed there to be the next King? Or was that Distroyha's Background story?

Slackerchan

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I'm on maximum hype alert right now. I haven't watched anything of the film except for the first two trailers so I'm hoping to go in without any idea of what to expect.... other than 1960s rubber suit monsters updated to a $250m budget and brawling again.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
Ghidorah looks like some kind of Satan and Mothra looks like some kind of Archangel.

There are some seriously biblical-looking symbols happening in this movie.

PKthndr

Oct 25, 2017
"My God,"
"Zilla."

Seems like it is gonna be really damn cheesy, but the imagery looks great.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
ISn't King Ghidorah was originally not from earth and he landed there to be the next King? Or was that Distroyha's Background story?
In the original movie he was a planet busting monster from outer space. In one he was monster created to halt Japan's progress sent from the future. In The Rebirth of Mothra III he's the reason all the dinosaurs died and has returned to the planet to feast on children, which of course doesn't go well with Mothra. In Giant Monsters all-out Attack he is an ancient protector.

So basically he's whatever you want him to be but more often than not he's just some dirtbag from space. Another notable trait is that he's never teamed up with Godzilla, essentially he's the arch-enemy of all monsters on earth especially Godzilla.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017

Just the setup for when after the fighting ends and they realize Zilla really was a good guy all along and Friday Night Lights man helps him settle back into the real world by teaching him some good old American sports to help him better relate to his new life as an US Army weapon of mass destruction American citizen.

Post credit scene is gonna be Kong when he turns up after taking a wrong detour through Europe and sets up Kong VS Godzilla 2020

Kong: Oi, you call that football, mate?

*Godzilla does slow dramatic turn to camera*
*Fade to black*

Throw in Sam Jackson as Nick Fury in there too. Why not?

Deleted member 135

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
^ lolno. This is going to be in the top 3 best Godzilla films and one of the best films this year.

In the original movie he was a planet busting monster from outer space. In one he was monster created to halt Japan's progress sent from the future. In The Rebirth of Mothra III he's the reason all the dinosaurs died and has returned to the planet to feast on children, which of course doesn't go well with Mothra. In Giant Monsters all-out Attack he is an ancient protector.

So basically he's whatever you want him to be but more often than not he's just some dirtbag from space. Another notable trait is that he's never teamed up with Godzilla, essentially he's the arch-enemy of all monsters on earth especially Godzilla.
The Dorats were supposed to be aliens too.

Gravidee

Oct 28, 2017
Ghidorah looks like some kind of Satan and Mothra looks like some kind of Archangel.

There are some seriously biblical-looking symbols happening in this movie.

Apparently that was intentional on the director's part. He wanted these monsters to be more like gods than animals, things that you might bow or kneel to.

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
Incredible.

Ghidorah gonna pull a Bryan Cranston and be in the movie for 10 minutes :P
To be fair, that's probably all the crew could stand to work with him. I've heard rumors about Ghidorah being a real diva on set. He's got such an inflated ego and having to deal with three heads is just a nightmare. Honestly I'm surprised Godzilla agreed to work with him.

Transistor

Hollowly Brittle
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Incredible.

To be fair, that's probably all the crew could stand to work with him. I've heard rumors about Ghidorah being a real diva on set. He's got such an inflated ego and having to deal with three heads is just a nightmare. Honestly I'm surprised Godzilla agreed to work with him.
He probably wouldn't have, but it was in his contract after 2014. I bet he regrets that decision. At least he has Mothra to lean on after shooting.