• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
https://gematsu.com/2019/10/gods-mo...quarantine-add-ps5-and-xbox-scarlett-versions

Regarding, Gods & Monsters, Rainbow Six, Watch Dogs Legion and others.... "The five titles, yes, they will be on this generation and the next generation, and they will take full advantage all the new features that are coming with the machines, which are actually going to be extremely interesting for players," Guillemot said.

Personally, I think this was always the plan. Beyond Good and Evil 2, Skull and Bones, probably even these titles. They just could not say anything in the past few years. Folks needed to have a perception that stuff was coming soon beyond Ghost Recon Breakpoint and some other titles. I have a feeling that BGE2 was never possible on current gen anyway. But it remains to be seen.

EDIT: This is a repost, I apologize. I just noticed after looking at the Thread list a second time, at the bottom.

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
so much for backwards compatibility...you want that version with all bells and whistles? buy twice!
Well yeah. The next gen versions will probably have features such as ray tracing.

you'll still be able to buy the last gen versions and play them on your next gen machine.

OP
OP
CRIMSON-XIII

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
I see this more as Ubisoft having E3 2017 and 2018 and knowing most of these games are for nextgen. I am curious if any of these titles are only on nextgen though. I would not be surprised if there is no PS4 Xbox One version of Gods and Monsters for example. As well as Beyond Good and Evil 2.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
Do you really think they won't release a patch for the last-gen versions when played on the new consoles?

nope, don´t expecting that tbh

you can play the same version as PS4 on your PS5 but if you want the next gen version you have to buy the game again.
we will see how this pans out, i really don´t think they will be so generous after the whole remaster stuff this gen

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I thought it was pretty easy to determine this would be the case after they pushed all these games back. Did anyone not get this impression despite lower sales for Division 2 and Breakpoint?

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
so much for backwards compatibility...you want that version with all bells and whistles? buy twice!
Same thing happened during the 360/PS3 -> XBO/PS4 transition.
Certain games could be re-bought at a discount if you owned the previous generation version.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017

you can play the same version as PS4 on your PS5 but if you want the next gen version you have to buy the game again.
we will see how this pans out, i really don´t think they will be so generous after the whole remaster stuff this gen
Nah, it'll be a patch.

*crosses fingers*

OP
OP
CRIMSON-XIII

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
I think it makes sense for it to be the ps4 disc put into the ps5, and a patch loads up.

Could be wrong but I cannot imagine it being like PS3 and PS4. There was a reason the PS4 version of Assassins Creed 4 had to be separate as far as PS3 processing and whatnot being different from ps4. Now that it is the same architecture, i think it makes more sense to have it be one Gods and Monsters box/disc, and depending on which platform it is put into, the quality is varied. I could definitely be wrong though and they have a PS4 box version and a PS5 box version, as well as Xbox One, and Xbox next.

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
Do you really think they won't release a patch for the last-gen versions when played on the new consoles?
They didn't say that you need to buy again to use the next gen version, they could release a patch to utilize the hardware
This is not a confirmation that there will be a separate next-gen SKU.

It doesn't rule one out, but it's not a confirmation either.
No way will they do this. The next gen versions will have entirely new graphical features not found on any of the current gen machines. Why would they just patch that stuff in?

You'll be able to play the last gen versions on ps5/xb1 at whatever resolution they run at on the Pro and X. Expecting anything else is crazy

ajszenk

Dec 6, 2017
IIRC when this gen launched AC Blackflag could use the PS3 disc as a means of authenticating it and playing on PS4, but they charged a $10 fee for it or something? So to all you guys saying you'll have to buy it twice, I don't think that's gonna be the case. At worst it seems there'll be a small fee to get the prettier version

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
I imagine one of the unnanounced titles is 2020's Assassin's Creed, and the other is Splinter Cell.

Also, I hope I can just buy the PS4 version and through backwards compatibility play it on my PS5. Also a patch, so I can play it with upgraded PS5 graphics, but knowing Ubisoft, we will probably get a "next gen upgrade"for $10, like last gen.

Oct 27, 2017
Mount Airy, MD

Keep in mind that this generation also gave us the birth of upgraded consoles that developers create patches/updates/etc for without any charge.

I read their statement as meaning that say, a PS4 digital purchase played on a PS5 would be no different than playing on a PS4 Pro now, albeit with a bigger jump.

Status
Not open for further replies.