• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kaivan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is that main character a girl or is it just a pretty boy? Can't really tell because of the outfit.

Anyway, the game looks gorgeous and finally an open world (?) Ubisoft game that doesn't look like a Ubisoft game.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
BotW and AC: Odyssey elements combined...

it looks pretty good, hopefully more gameplay is shown soon

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
The press got to play it. Totilo's preview:

A lot of other details in there too, such as how the game is framed as a poem being shared by Homer.

Also, the game has been in development "since late last year."

Wow, that sounds a lot more like BOTW then I expected.

With the Greek myths background I was hoping we'd get a Pegasus or ride around on, not be stuck with "slowly gliding" around.

nicolasacmf

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Legit thought for a second wings were going to pop out of his back and this would be a new Kid Icarus. Would make sense given Ubi and Nintendo's recent partnerships.

Great, now you have me hoping that the Switch version will have Kid Icarus content as a bonus.

dont-give-me-hope-meme-3-768x409.jpg

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
I love it. Greek Mythology proper, open world, and a lush art style. Just wish this wasn't channeling some serious mid 2000s Ganeloft vibes.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
It has nice environments coupled with ugly character designs.

Full price retail game, I'm really not sure I see an audience for it.
Stadia will be a non-factor, PS4/X1 won't buy it (mismatch price/audience), PC won't buy it at this price. There's only Switch left, and I really don't see why players there would make this game a success when on one side you get indie games with similar artstyle 3 times cheaper (like Oceanhorn), or when you get a big IP fanbases are already there for (like Zelda).
Good luck with that.

Sensei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It has nice environments coupled with ugly character designs.

Full price retail game, I'm really not sure I see an audience for it.
Stadia will be a non-factor, PS4/X1 won't buy it (mismatch price/audience), PC won't buy it at this price. There's only Switch left, and I really don't see why players there would make this game a success when on one side you get indie games with similar artstyle 3 times cheaper (like Oceanhorn), or when you get a big IP fanbases are already there for (like Zelda).
Good luck with that.
?

Deleted member 24540

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I am in love with the art style and the fact that it's greek mythology but the enemy designs are kinda crap. I don't expect this game to engage me with its gameplay though, we'll see.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
For a game that was bound to be accused of being derivative of Zelda, I feel like this is not a great choice for a promo shot:

qfhehvfno59vndazljhq.jpg

For reference:
legend-of-zelda-wii-u-1-768x432.jpg

Certainly sounds like it could be really good though. I hope ubi can restrain themselves on padding and "content"

Arion

Oct 26, 2017
So many new announcements this E3 with no gameplay being shown. It's hard to really get excited for any of them if I don't know what I'll be doing when I play these games.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's literally the Wii generation all over again. Nintendo is having immense success while the major publishers are all but ignoring them and the handful of games the platform does get is concern trolled into the ground by people that are convinced Nintendo is somehow holding back the industry.

For fuck's sake.
Yep, I got major flashbacks with that comment lol. Only thing that's missing is something like "Mannn if this wasn't on Switch the grafix would be moar mature"
On topic: I read puzzles are involved as well? I'm really curious now. Wish there was gameplay though.

Xiao Hu

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Looks boring and utterly generic. I don't understand what you folks see in that game ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Nanashrew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have no issues with Zelda clones, in fact, I like plenty of Zelda clones, so I'm definitely going to keep my eyes on this. I don't think we've had a big budget Zelda clone since the PS2 era, which is crazy to think about.

ladyluthien

Oct 25, 2017
This game has interested me the most from the Ubisoft conference, but also the one that sticks out among everything I've seen so far this E3. I'm really anxious to see some gameplay.
When the trailer first started, I seriously thought it was Kid Icarus lol

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
REALLY wish we had gotten some gameplay. One of the few games from this terrible E3 that I am kind of excited about.

Jump_Button

Oct 27, 2017
gameplay at Nintendo? it coming too soon to not show

and so odd they use CGI i think? seeing screen i say it was

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
The more the details and screens trickle out, the more and more it sounds like a direct clone of Zelda BotW.

No attempt to hide it either. This is Zelda Breath of the Wild.

But hell, if I didn't own a Switch I would be extremely hype!

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn I wish BOTW looked this good. It would be hard for them to beat BOTW at anything else though.

Paradox

Oct 28, 2017
For a game that was bound to be accused of being derivative of Zelda, I feel like this is not a great choice for a promo shot:

qfhehvfno59vndazljhq.jpg

For reference:

Certainly sounds like it could be really good though. I hope ubi can restrain themselves on padding and "content"

I mean:

08FdiLg.gif

xj2DztR.gif

I think we're in for six months of them evoking BOTW imagery, people saying "Hey, your game looks like BOTW", and them replying, "Wow, we didn't even know! We love that game but we're totally nothing like it at all!"

Jbone115

Oct 25, 2017
This game has definitely caught my attention. I'm skeptical of its development schedule though, and not showing gameplay is not a great sign this close to release.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Tbh if they're gonna be a 'copy' of something then BotW is not a bad thing to copy. Better than the 100th third person stealth-action hybrid game.

If the game's actually good then I won't care that it's similar to BotW.

Bizzquik

Chicken Chaser
Nov 5, 2017
Are there dungeons? Is there a journal that tracks quests? Is there crafting?

The Kotaku piece says this game has been in development since Late 2018, and it will be launching in February 2020 .... so just a year and a half in the making. .... How much game is there to this beautiful setting?

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017

qfhehvfno59vndazljhq.jpg

For reference:

The Assassin's Creed team must've looked at the towers in Breath of the Wild and decided "they drew first blood, not me".

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
These BOTW comparisons are killing me.

And BOTW easily has better art direction. This looks like one of those mobile game commercials.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
It's not yet another military shooter. What is Ubisoft thinking???!!
I'm really not saying it should have been a military shooter if that's what you're implying.
Just like others said, environmental artstyle is great, character design looks more like Oceanhorn or Clash of Clans (aka mobile game).