• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dever

Dec 25, 2019
Huh I didn't know this was PS5 exclusive, I figured it was also coming to Xbox and PC.

Murdock

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Orlando
User Banned (1 week): Trolling, hostility, and console warring; history of similar infractions
Is this PS5 exclusive just for exclusivity sake? What aspects make this game only playable on PS5? Seems like they are just capitalizing on the few number of PS5 launch titles, where people purchasing the PS5 on launch day are practically forced to buy this game due to lack of other choice.

Shorter load times?! La-dee-freaking-da!! Oh ps5 so powerful yall. 2 seconds less load time, lets make it console exclusive. Game looks boring as fuck anyways

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
I can already tell the "exclusivity" narrative and concern is going to be fucking exhausting around here going into next gen.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
should be interesting

this is the developers (Counterplay Games) first title, tho the members have worked through the industry a good bit

their first game being a launch title could elevate them into new projects asap

worth keeping an eye on

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Visual style and world building influenced by The Stormlight Archive, The First Law and Foundation series"

giphy.gif

I did a fucking double take at that shit.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Aside from that leaked stuff one of these articles had a gif attached that while nothing revelatory gives a clear view of some combat.

ezgif.com-resize.gif

DrScissorsMD

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 19, 2019
Not to be that guy, but I think some parts of the article are hypocritical, or disingenuous.

"Tailored around PS5, thanks to CPU/GPU."

We know XSX is at least on par if not better in these areas, and the game is also going to PC, so why isn't it coming to XSX? Exclusivity deal obviously, but rather than say that they just say "the SSD!" despite most PCs not having an SSD on par with the PS5. And if you then suggest "but even lesser SSDs on PC will be fine", well, XSX also has a pretty good SSD so clearly this can't be the actual reason.

Allow me to add the clarifiers that I am genuinely interested in this game and I have a fairly new/decent PC so I'm not port-begging for XSX, and I'm not naive enough to think exclusive deals don't or won't continue to exist for both Sony and MS alike. I just feel like a lot of what they're saying is towing the PR line re: PS5s selling point and people are lapping it up. I will be the first to eat my hat and go line up to get a PS5 if the SSD can truly do all these magical things the devs say but until we see the games, I'm just not convinced.

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not to be that guy, but I think some parts of the article are hypocritical, or disingenuous.

We know XSX is at least on par if not better in these areas,

That's what marketing dollars will do. Of course they're going to sing the praises and hype up not just the game but the PS community also. It's in their best interest.

stryke

Oct 28, 2017

We know XSX is at least on par if not better in these areas, and the game is also going to PC, so why isn't it coming to XSX? Exclusivity deal obviously, but rather than say that they just say "the SSD!" despite most PCs not having an SSD on par with the PS5. And if you then suggest "but even lesser SSDs on PC will be fine", well, XSX also has a pretty good SSD so clearly this can't be the actual reason.

Allow me to add the clarifiers that I am genuinely interested in this game and I have a fairly new/decent PC so I'm not port-begging for XSX, and I'm not naive enough to think exclusive deals don't or won't continue to exist for both Sony and MS alike. I just feel like a lot of what they're saying is towing the PR line re: PS5s selling point and people are lapping it up. I will be the first to eat my hat and go line up to get a PS5 if the SSD can truly do all these magical things the devs say but until we see the games, I'm just not convinced.

Having read the article that quote is clearly in reference as to why there's no PS4 version.
Stop being so eager to look at everything through a fanboy lens.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
should be interesting

this is the developers (Counterplay Games) first title, tho the members have worked through the industry a good bit

their first game being a launch title could elevate them into new projects asap

worth keeping an eye on
Second title, they did Duelyst too, which is a great card game / SRPG hybrid.

Penny Royal

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
QLD, Australia
I was thinking about this game now that Sony revealed the PS5 joypad.

I understood that the game was console exclusive to the PS5 due to some exclusive feature of the joypad and to the SSD.

Yet, they also announced the game is coming to PC, where neither the PS5 joypad features nor the SSD is a standard.

Also, after checking the DualSense features I haven't seen any specific feature that would need exclusively a DualSense for playing Godfall (correct me if I'm wrong).

So, in the end, the PS5 exclusivity is just a marketing thing and a deal with Sony?

Is this another Warframe? (coming everywhere once the exclusivity deal expires, or something like this?)

I was thinking about this too, especially since the gameplay we've seen so far seems to have pretty meaty hit impacts.

Maybe they're using the actuators in the game too?E.g. if you're doing a heavy hit wind-up instead of a bar on-screen the controller is pushing back against your finger and when you swing the whole controller relays the impact.

DrScissorsMD

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 19, 2019
Having read the article that quote is clearly in reference as to why there's no PS4 version.
Stop being so eager to look at everything through a fanboy lens.
While I'll concede it makes more sense when viewed as an explanation of there not being a PS4 version, please don't give me that "fanboy lens" BS. I think waiting to see if all the hype and bluster around the SSD bears fruit is a perfectly neutral position to take. If I say the same about whether XBX having an extra Tflop or two will make a difference, will that justify my PoV?

People so eager to paint any caution or criticism as fanboying, christ.

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This game looks really damn fun. It did nothing for me when I saw the first trailer but the gameplay details have now sold me.

Last edited:

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019
While I'll concede it makes more sense when viewed as an explanation of there not being a PS4 version, please don't give me that "fanboy lens" BS. I think waiting to see if all the hype and bluster around the SSD bears fruit is a perfectly neutral position to take. If I say the same about whether XBX having an extra Tflop or two will make a difference, will that justify my PoV?

I think the fact devs are excited about the SSD and what it means for game design definitely hints that we'll be seeing some old game design tricks to mask loading disappear or significantly diminish.

stryke

Oct 28, 2017

There's plenty of ways to express caution without tagging on "but where's the xbox version"

More Butter

Banned
Jun 12, 2018
Graphics are ok I guess. Can't wait to see some proper AAA games with better art though. This is about the least exciting game to be introduced to next gen footage.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Agree, next gen and "exclusive". I'm interested in the game but I don't want to be too optimistic about it until we see a decent amount of footage.
I disagree, I like it and wish it was coming to my preferred console platform xbox but its not so I'll play it on my ps5 since I do not support Epic on pc. I couldnt care less that its exclusive or next gen in my personal excitement, I genuinely think it looks cool and want to see more.