• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017

These new prices kinda hurt to look at. Next gen feeling expensive.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Definitely weird to see. Yeah Im def going to be very selective on what I play.

Owlet

Owl Enthusiast
Verified
May 30, 2018
London, UK
That really does hurt to look at.

I'm not sure that the marketing for this game has convinced me a $69.99 price point is worth it yet.

OP
OP
Valcrist

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017

The game looks better now, and the next gen exclusive titles are slim pickins at the moment so I probably will grab it. I just don't think I can justify dropping 100 bones on a game that hasn't proven itself to me yet.

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
A high price barrier means it's going to be genuinely harder for new IP to break through

Miles, Demon's, even DMC V SE I can see doing well, but I don't see the rest doing big numbers at all full price

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
Whoa Lordy...gotta be selective this gen...let's see reviews though I'm kinda into this game.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
I tend to not buy launch titles like this one, was already wary of it before seeing it was gonna be full price.

Day 1 $70 buys are gonna be very rare for me this gen. Even Sony's gonna have to convince me for some of their titles.

Is this also releasing on PS4?

PS5/PC only for now. Will probably come to Series S/X in 6 months to 1 year. It'll prob be a more robust game by then and cheaper on PS5 so that's when I'll give it a shot.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
On second thought, with the price this is coming in at and how fast games usually go on sale, I can see this at $40 or less within 1-2 months after launch.

FunMouse

Apr 30, 2018
Yea no. This generation is definitely going to make me wait for sales on a lot of games going forward.

Mass One

Oct 28, 2017
I wish the devs best. Maybe being a launch title it'll do numbers.

But my gut says certified flop

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looks like it's standard price (60 bucks) on PC still. So guess PC might be spared some of the next gen tax, at least for a year or two.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
They're nuts if they think a sizeable amount of people are going to buy this at $70. This has shitty PS+ Game you download and delete after an hour of play vibes.

The higher price point this gen is going to weed out a lot of these crappy titles. Fully expect games to quickly go on sale.

Oct 27, 2017
Right, which of you mad lads is going to throw $100 at this thing?

I've had a fleeting interest in this game, but I'm not even sure Demon's Souls is a day one buy at $70. There is definitely an early aversion to the price increase on my end, and that goes for all but the biggest games.

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I dont mean this as an insult, but I thought this was an F2P game.. and I like a bunch of F2P games.

Oct 26, 2017
I think this game looks better than many here do, but its not a purchase for me at that price. Especially when Cyberpunk is considerably cheaper here in the UK.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
Publishers are in for a rude awakening this gen

I think (hope) they understand most of us are unwilling to pay this much for the vast majority of titles released on consoles and the strategy is to make the most out of a kinda early access/adopter price. These games better not still be full price after 3-5 months after they work out all their launch issues and shit.

We barely know anything about Godfall and Destruction All-Stars so I don't see that working out for unknown launch titles unless they're just willing to not make that many sales early on.

Ashler

Oct 27, 2017
This game has done nothing for me. I'll most likely only play it if it ever goes to PS+.