• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Abylim

Oct 29, 2017
Australia
I'm level 25 now, the game is good. Its not great, and i can see why some might not like it so much. But its fun. Dont have anyone to coop with, the story is pretty much nothing to be honest.

But its pretty. Except for when it randomly decides to chug, seems to happen when chests open sometimes. I dont know.

Either way, so far its above 60 for me.

nikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Does anyone know the difference between Resolution/Performance modes on PS5?

Trying to decide whether I should open the game or rebuy it on PC instead. It ran well on my system but I ended up refunding it because I thought I'd prefer it on console. Seems like the performance hit will be significant though.

Grimminski

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Yes
kiJOI4L.jpg

You've been judged and found wanting. I win, Hinterclaw will be mine eventually.
RO36UID.jpg

Does anyone know the difference between Resolution/Performance modes on PS5?

Trying to decide whether I should open the game or rebuy it on PC instead. It ran well on my system but I ended up refunding it because I thought I'd prefer it on console. Seems like the performance hit will be significant though.
4k/30 vs Dynamic/60. Not sure about other settings, or if it's even stable. Ray Tracing is coming to PS5 at some point, possibly before the holidays.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
I decided to get this game and am currently installing it. I wanted something different. It was between this and Spiderman and I played a bit of Spiderman when it came out on the PRO and just wanted something different. I also love games that are bit different and was even a big fan of Too Human, which to a certain extent this game reminds me of. Hope I like it!

nikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Yes
kiJOI4L.jpg

You've been judged and found wanting. I win, Hinterclaw will be mine eventually.
RO36UID.jpg

4k/30 vs Dynamic/60. Not sure about other settings, or if it's even stable. Ray Tracing is coming to PS5 at some point, possibly before the holidays.

Thanks! I'll crack open the PS5 version and decide which to go with. It's something I think I'd rather play on console, for whatever reason.

JCizzle

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Some of the enemies in this game drive me nuts! I just had to fight two of the knights (?) together - the beefy dude and the ranged one. I ended up cheesing the fight because it's just not fun IMO. To play it 'right', it's just dodge dodge dodge without time to do more than a light attack because there's always something incoming. I hate that you can get locked into longer animations that enemies can interrupt, but the flip isn't true for most of their moves (some exceptions being the dudes with the spirit bomb shock ball).

It looks like with higher gear builds you can just tank or heal through some of that at least.

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017
I just hit level 10 and now i feel like one hell of a difficulty spike i've never encounter before. Everything feel so much harder then before on Hard mode. It's like night and day, i get destroy by normal encounter sometimes. I have level 9 purple dual blade fully upgrade at my current situation.... it's hard !

Last edited:

Aranikasu44

Dec 3, 2018
Can I ask a question to PS5 players?

After a while in a mission or playing the game do you get a slight stutter when picking up items?

OSHAN

Oct 27, 2017
Some of the enemies in this game drive me nuts! I just had to fight two of the knights (?) together - the beefy dude and the ranged one. I ended up cheesing the fight because it's just not fun IMO. To play it 'right', it's just dodge dodge dodge without time to do more than a light attack because there's always something incoming. I hate that you can get locked into longer animations that enemies can interrupt, but the flip isn't true for most of their moves (some exceptions being the dudes with the spirit bomb shock ball).

It looks like with higher gear builds you can just tank or heal through some of that at least.

I just dropped that shit to easy to smash some shit up. It's a strange game where I feel like it wants you to fuck shit up, but on the harder difficulties, aggressive play does not win out, at all. I recently beat it and have been plugging away at the endgame, but my copy is now on ebay. I got it during the Target sale, and I thought it was pretty fun overall.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
What's the verdict after it being out for a bit?
Usual GAAS launch problems like no content and buggy?
Worth the price at 50% off?

oriic

Prophet of Truth - Press
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Hungary
Who want to try the coop mode? Level 28, and i am in Air Realm (Trial of the Crucible)

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Is there any kind of endgame in this? like something repeatable with increasing difficulty?

There are two main pieces of endgame repeatable content. One is dreamstones, which send you to hunt specific enemies that are given randomized buffs. You don't know what those are, but have an opportunity to find out before getting to them by killing other enemies. The other is the Tower of Ascension, which is a rogue-like experience that changes every run, which contains some loot only available in it.

lowkeyframe

Oct 27, 2017
Hit endgame with 2 friends and going through dreamstones are so tedious.
Having to replay all story missions while all loot drops at a much lower level (20-30) is quite annoying.

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
So, I'm early in this game and I'm finding it to be a bit of a head scratcher so far. I have 3 Valorplates unlocked and other than different L3+R3 there seems to be no discernable difference between them? That seems wrong to me, but it also just feels like it's baically down to asthetic preference. Could someone shed some light on this?

Also, I've noticed the game is a little...hitchy? It feels like a load stutter, but it really shouldn't have a problem like this I don't think. It's happened just walking throught zones and in the middle of combat. The latter of which has been extremely frustrating. Has anyone else experienced this?

Abylim

Oct 29, 2017
Australia
Yeah I've encountered a ton of hitching or just complete drops, so much that I've put it down for awhile. Its been happening in combat more than it used to, and it started to hinder my enjoyment of the game

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
The more I play, the more I notice this stuttering. It's really awful. Everything from dismantling a weapon to walking to combat is impacted by it. I guess I'm gonna shelve this until there's a patch or something.

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
Ok, just reach Macros, I'm level 31 and got my ass beat lol

Will grind a bit to raise 1 or 2 more levels and try again.

Game is pretty good. Story and dialogs are kinda garbage lol but the gameplay is very solid and fun and graphics are really pretty (RTX 3070 so max settings and stuff)

Any tips for Macros? Matchmaking would be a blessing here lol

OP
OP
Anastasis

Anastasis

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, just reach Macros, I'm level 31 and got my ass beat lol

Will grind a bit to raise 1 or 2 more levels and try again.

Game is pretty good. Story and dialogs are kinda garbage lol but the gameplay is very solid and fun and graphics are really pretty (RTX 3070 so max settings and stuff)

Any tips for Macros? Matchmaking would be a blessing here lol
The round thing in front of his throne is a nice area to cheese. I had totems I could summon and just always kept the round area between me and Macros.

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
The round thing in front of his throne is a nice area to cheese. I had totems I could summon and just always kept the round area between me and Macros.

Just got to the last parcel of the fight thanks to that circular thing.

I feel dirty, but I'll come back later and do a proper fight lol

nikasun :D

Oct 30, 2017
I beat the story, still have some merits to finish and want to get a good loadout before trying the 50 tower. Currently level 48. Is 50 the max?

OP
OP
Anastasis

Anastasis

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Just got to the last parcel of the fight thanks to that circular thing.

I feel dirty, but I'll come back later and do a proper fight lol

They fight dirty too (and it gets WAY worse in ascended and exalted variants)

I beat the story, still have some merits to finish and want to get a good loadout before trying the 50 tower. Currently level 48. Is 50 the max?
50 is the max. I switched over to easy to grind out the dreamstones.

OP
OP
Anastasis

Anastasis

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Just finished :) Thanks again!

Solid 7/10 (the game, not that fight specific).

If it had an actually good storyline and matchmaking, I would give it an easy 8.5/10.

Gameplay is really fun!
I had fun with my time with it, just seemed to need a little more time in the oven.

OP
OP
Anastasis

Anastasis

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Do you still get good loot?
Not as much, but the problem is that I was so resource poor trying to keep up with the difficulty by leveling level 35 gear, then 40 and so on. It seemed the smarter thing to do was get to 50 and then focus on level 50 loot since they have higher base stats. Then I could use the saved resources to level up gear. I felt that was the best way to stay efficient plus some ascendant and exalted mechanics are garbage and I was getting frustrated.

nikasun :D

Oct 30, 2017
Not as much, but the problem is that I was so resource poor trying to keep up with the difficulty by leveling level 35 gear, then 40 and so on. It seemed the smarter thing to do was get to 50 and then focus on level 50 loot since they have higher base stats. Then I could use the saved resources to level up gear. I felt that was the best way to stay efficient plus some ascendant and exalted mechanics are garbage and I was getting frustrated.
Well, I tried a dreamstone on easy, but it had the first boss with the orbital laser attacks and they are just frustrating. I will take a break from the game until the DLC hits. It was a fun coop ride.

OP
OP
Anastasis

Anastasis

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Well, I tried a dreamstone on easy, but it had the first boss with the orbital laser attacks and they are just frustrating. I will take a break from the game until the DLC hits. It was a fun coop ride.
On easy you can just keep throwing yourself at the boss at least, hoping to get a health bar checkpoint. But, yeah, orbital lasers are just the beginning of the BS! Haha! I'm sure there are specific builds that can you get past the BS, but I didn't find it worthwhile.

Heidern

Oct 30, 2017
Connecticut
Ray Tracing is coming to PS5 at some point, possibly before the holidays.
I beat the game last night but the last realm was a lot worse for me regarding the stuttering performance (PS5). The first time I beat Macros the game CTD'd starting the cutscene and I had to do it again. They really need to fix the performance issues. I can't imagine adding in raytracing will make it better, but maybe they will be inspired to go back and fix things. I'm disappointed that it hasn't been a top priority.

The later fights saw me getting hit by vanished attacks where the game just dropped all the animation frames and jumped to me getting hit. I get that they're a smaller studio that ramped up big for this, but this seems like a more fundamental issue with how things work at some lower level. I'm not sure what their priorities are at a this point with it not really being fixed and/or acknowledged as far as I know.

I'm going to put it down until it's fixed and they make it easier to create groups, etc. Many QOL things need enhancement. Like trying to change amulets and then not coming out on the amulet square when you pick one, nothing has memory on where you left it last. Or the map screen not having any visible indication (at least none I can discern) indicating what difficulty level you've selected. Also, the old standby that the text is too small to read when you're sitting on the couch playing.

I do really like the ideas they put forth in combat and encounters, but still some niggles there. Like some of the wizards in the first realm, if you two hit combo them quickly they always cast some kind of staggering spell on you. So I would do two attacks and immediately dodge far away. Yet this spell would still always connect no matter what I did (even though it was cast long after I dodged). Pretty frustrating when that sort of thing happens. Pretty much all of the staggering effects feel overdone, like all these mid and low level enemies have special attacks that can hard lock you.

Abylim

Oct 29, 2017
Australia

Oh do you get less gear on easy?

Calvin

Oct 26, 2017
Impressions after about 4 missions, 3 hours, level 9. I like the game. It's good - better than the reviews I think. It's definitely not great and unlikely to be something I play a lot of long-term, but it is a game I enjoy playing 1-2 missions of every other day and just playing it in a very relaxed, measured pace.

I actually think the combat is quite good - but the lack of ability to cancel attacks and movement really ultimately hurts it.

Omegabalmung

Nov 4, 2017
Amazon has the game for $49.99 and I am thinking about pulling the trigger on the game. How is the loot grind in the game? Kinda need a game that lets me put in about 30 mins or so since I have a 1 year old now lol.

OP
OP
Anastasis

Anastasis

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Amazon has the game for $49.99 and I am thinking about pulling the trigger on the game. How is the loot grind in the game? Kinda need a game that lets me put in about 30 mins or so since I have a 1 year old now lol.
Lots of possibilities with the loot if you want to dig in, but not as plug and play or instantly rewarding as something like Diablo in my opinion. The game overall is rough around the edges, but fun can be had. I liked the challenge of the campaign on hard, but post-campaign hard was BS on top of BS on top of BS, so I switched all the way down to easy to get to the level cap of 50. I started to work on some builds, but without anyone to play with (no matchmaking), I got a bit bored and traded it in.

Omegabalmung

Nov 4, 2017
Lots of possibilities with the loot if you want to dig in, but not as plug and play or instantly rewarding as something like Diablo in my opinion. The game overall is rough around the edges, but fun can be had. I liked the challenge of the campaign on hard, but post-campaign hard was BS on top of BS on top of BS, so I switched all the way down to easy to get to the level cap of 50. I started to work on some builds, but without anyone to play with (no matchmaking), I got a bit bored and traded it in.

Thank you for the response. I might just get it and take my time to play through the game. So far I'm the only one that has a PS5 out of all my friends and cousins so I'll be soloing it for a bit lol.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Started playing my rental copy today. Man this has to be the most soulless and bland game I've played all year. Graphics are nice but everything about it just screams an aggressively generic loot game with no personality whatsoever. Low effort story and cutscenes, bad camera, traversal during combat feels stilted, lots of weird microstutter while playing on PS5. Lack of matchmaking is the real killer though. At least when you die you respawn back into the fight pretty quick, but this is the potato salad of video games.

Put about 2 hours in so far. Will give it another hour tomorrow and send it back I think.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
The latest patch gave some nice QoL additions and seems smoother on PS5, though I haven't played with my bud so no idea if will hold up in coop where it's inconsistent.

Also free Content Update in Q1 2021 before the Paid Expansion in Q2 2021.

Reaper55

Oct 25, 2017
Played all the way on Hard with 3 player co op.
Finished ascended tower to 50.
Finished all dreamstones.

Nice to see the game getting QoL updated. I really like the single refund skill point they just added. Id like to see more stuff like a small icon in the corner of weapon icons that tells you the element type.

Enjoyed the game alot as a co op experience with friends. There were memorable challenging fights (eg solaris, 2 enforcers, silver night, general with slowdown dogs). Initially you can get away with spamming attacks, but eventually in dreamstones we had to learn the boss mechanics. Has a very in-depth augment system that was fun to customize and upgrade system can make a huge difference. Not one of those games where everything is a marginal and insignificant upgrade.

Had maybe 2.5 crashes each since launch, but had to close the game every few hours cause it would gradually stutter over time. This has improved with the latest update, but after massive inventory scrapping it needs a relaunch.

I would have really liked the endless tower to have some variability. Like a major boss at 20 floors, or loot chest get gradually better the further you go, or boons don't cap out so fast. It's a big time commitment in a team, so it would be better if they threw a curve ball in there every once in a while.

Overall a fun game if you are looking for co-op games, definitely pick it up if on sale.