• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

KCroxtonJr

Oct 28, 2017
The only thing stopping me from getting this game is there being NO information on how the game actually plays out. Do you just load into quick missions to kill a bunch of enemies, or is each world a large map that you explore and do various things however you want?

The fact that they haven't talked about the games structure off leads me to believe it's a very simple mission based structure...guess we'll just find out last minute

OP
OP
Anastasis

Anastasis

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I think it's a Sony thing from everything I've read online. Even Demon Souls hasn't been reviewed. At the very least it makes me think it's sony being over protective and not the game devs thinking their game has issues.
Yeah, I think you may be right. A lot of strange things around what they've shown (or not) seems like someone is tying Counterplay's hands.

nikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Bought this on PS5 without really knowing much about it. Still considering the PC version instead.

Wish we knew if they had any cross-play/progression plans.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
The only thing stopping me from getting this game is there being NO information on how the game actually plays out. Do you just load into quick missions to kill a bunch of enemies, or is each world a large map that you explore and do various things however you want?

The fact that they haven't talked about the games structure off leads me to believe it's a very simple mission based structure...guess we'll just find out last minute

We've seen longform videos of people just playing through the game. You're going from battle to battle and do some light exploring, platforming and the like in between.

OP
OP
Anastasis

Anastasis

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017

This is the most complete gameplay I know of (from the Japanese Youtuber event). Should give a glimpse into how a mission might play out.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

I'm pretty sure that it's straightforward in terms of missions. There are likely some branching paths, but I've never gotten the sense that it's a big world to explore. Which is fine for my playstyle in a grindy loot-game, but understand why it wouldn't be for others.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017

We've seen longform videos of people just playing through the game. You're going from battle to battle and do some light exploring, platforming and the like in between.
Yeah it feels like it should be viewed like a more open arpg loot game structure.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
I'm pretty sure that it's straightforward in terms of missions. There are likely some branching paths, but I've never gotten the sense that it's a big world to explore. Which is fine for my playstyle in a grindy loot-game, but understand why it wouldn't be for others.
yeah its four "realms" I saw a map screen before so each realm is pretty large

Gnorman

Banned
Jan 14, 2018
I have this pre ordered. I'm not so much bothered about reviews because if I'm honest I expect it to be bang average and anything more is a bonus but I am concerned it's just waves of enemies in smallish arena's.

Stacey

Banned
Feb 8, 2020
A third person diablo-esque game with melee combat is how i've perceived it.

Got the Ascension Edition already pre-ordered, going in balls deep with a blind fold on lol.

KCroxtonJr

Oct 28, 2017
This is the most complete gameplay I know of (from the Japanese Youtuber event). Should give a glimpse into how a mission might play out.

I've seen this already and this is exactly what I mean, it doesn't really explain anything about the games structure. This footage starts off already in a "mission" or whatever it is, and then the end of the video is killing what I assume is a mini-boss according to developer information, but shows nothing of what happens next and it doesn't look like the player is being kicked back to a "hub" automatically after winning the battle. In fact, it looks like they still have more objectives to complete, but I can't read Japanese so I have no idea what they are.

Faderlite

Aug 2, 2018
The new Stormlight Archive book is out this week and I gotta say the big outrageous swords are kinda doing it for me. Hope it's a surprise hit.
I'm super hyped after the end of oathbringer. I'm hoping I can get it release day, I preordered it from a local place and they have strange hours due to COVID.

I love seeing the influence in Godfall, definitely going to pick it up.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
I've seen this already and this is exactly what I mean, it doesn't really explain anything about the games structure. This footage starts off already in a "mission" or whatever it is, and then the end of the video is killing what I assume is a mini-boss according to developer information, but shows nothing of what happens next and it doesn't look like the player is being kicked back to a "hub" automatically after winning the battle. In fact, it looks like they still have more objectives to complete, but I can't read Japanese so I have no idea what they are.

If you've ever played Warframe this seems incredibly similar to that in layout and design but obviously fantasy focused.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Watch the celebration video.

KCroxtonJr

Oct 28, 2017
I'm not doing any more labor for you dude. You can easily seek through. Or wait for reviews. I honestly don't like your tone.
What tone? I don't have a tone I'm not even mad or anything, I'm literally just asking you where it says it in the video so I can watch that part without sitting through an hour long interview.

Calvin

Oct 26, 2017
One reason I am really looking forward to this game is that it looks like the type of loot-based ARPG that I can play for 20 minutes or a half hour and then put down and not feel like I am missing something in the story or by not being completely immersed by it for hours - another reason I got it on PC. That way I can also keep playing Legion, Yakuza 7, Spider Man during the evening starting Thursday, etc. I just need a 30 minute game I can go hack and slash stuff and then exit out of and feel like I accomplished something, vs most open world or single player games where I feel like if I dont play for an hour or two, minimum, I am getting nothing done.

Plus this looks GORGEOUS.

OP
OP
Anastasis

Anastasis

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
What tone? I don't have a tone I'm not even mad or anything, I'm literally just asking you where it says it in the video so I can watch that part without sitting through an hour long interview.
8:35 begins a look at the map. They skip to the end of the mission through, so indeed, we don't know exactly what we are doing. It seems somewhat Destiny-like, a voice talks us through what we are doing, why we are doing it (getting stronger to defeat Macros). There are bonus objective while going through the levels. Maybe some secrets if we veer off the beaten path?

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Convo screenshotted from reddit. If he means the optimization is as good as Destiny whew...that's magic.

ed4991839fde6bb24b72870a3f5f1a47.png

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Very very very nice.
He also can't give impressions but he dropped these two hints. He's played for four hours.

"I can say that i am surprised there are so few followers of this games reddit. After playing it. More people will be here."

"That would be considered as an impression. Lol. I could say that this is a shared copy for my team. I am getting one for myself. A personal copy. If you can read between the lines."

We might have a sleeper on our hands.

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
I'm rooting for this game, and I'm prepared for the possibility that it's a sleeper hit. It *needs* to nail end game though. This will make or break it for most people.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
He also can't give impressions but he dropped these two hints. He's played for four hours.

"I can say that i am surprised there are so few followers of this games reddit. After playing it. More people will be here."

"That would be considered as an impression. Lol. I could say that this is a shared copy for my team. I am getting one for myself. A personal copy. If you can read between the lines."

We might have a sleeper on our hands.
After reading the venture beat interview I became a believer, then looking into the dev and seeing how the CEO is tapped in I def knew it would be a sleeper. It looks like they nailed the appeal they were looking for.

Calvin

Oct 26, 2017
After reading the venture beat interview I became a believer, then looking into the dev and seeing how the CEO is tapped in I def knew it would be a sleeper. It looks like they nailed the appeal they were looking for.
I have been calling this a sleeper since the first trailer! I want in on this for the imaginary credit that no one will give me that I crave :D

KCroxtonJr

Oct 28, 2017
Thanks to the ones who actually helped me out without accusing me of having an attitude for simply asking a question lol. Map looks interesting, I do wonder if the flow of the game is similar to Destiny now. Definitely keeping my eye on this over the next few days!

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
I have been calling this a sleeper since the first trailer! I want in on this for the imaginary credit that no one will give me that I crave :D
Yep. My only worries have always been technical. Like performance and online play etc. What I've read the game concepts seem incredibly well thought out.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
I absolutely hate when people are rude about people attempting to help them. Then acting like we need to be their google.

Yep. My only worries have always been technical. Like performance and online play etc. What I've read the game concepts seem incredibly well thought out.
Yep. I think we will be just fine.

Valus

Nov 21, 2017
I just wanna know how the multiplayer is. Game looks fun but not seeing how the multiplayer works.

OP
OP
Anastasis

Anastasis

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
A non-GaaS loot game made not by some huge publisher/dev to churn out "engagement" and $$$. Hype upon hype.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
A non-GaaS loot game made not by some huge publisher/dev to churn out "engagement" and $$$. Hype upon hype.
This is why they get my support, not making a game around GAAS and doing a traditional PC like structure of Game, then Expansions. Its the same way that monster hunter did their game and I wish more companies would do that then trying to nickel and dime people.

OSHAN

Oct 27, 2017
I absolutely hate when people are rude about people attempting to help them. Then acting like we need to be their google.

You could be helpful and direct me to something proving you haven't been helpful.

I picked this up with the Target sale--50 bucks was much more agreeable. If the reviews are trash tomorrow, I'll just return in store. Combat looks slick to me, though, and I really like the garish aesthetic. Surely I'll be high enough to enjoy it.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
He wasn't rude. I actually think you need to apologize. What he was asking was very reasonable and you lashed out.
the video was time stamped, it was exactly what they were looking for, and had full infomation about the game in general. People continually do this to people and want people to be their personal google. its not that hard to find information about this game.

You could be helpful and direct me to something proving you haven't been helpful.

I picked this up with the Target sale--50 bucks was much more agreeable. If the reviews are trash tomorrow, I'll just return in store. Combat looks slick to me, though, and I really like the garish aesthetic. Surely I'll be high enough to enjoy it.
wait what lol

Portmanteau

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the video was time stamped, it was exactly what they were looking for, and had full infomation about the game in general. People continually do this to people and want people to be their personal google. its not that hard to find information about this game.

wait what lol
When I click the video, it starts at 0:00.

KCroxtonJr

Oct 28, 2017
It does not for me. It starts at 7 Mins in. Either way the information was there. I'm not arguing about this anymore.
It did not start at any timestamp for me either, and it's an hour long video which is why I asked you where to look. Why did you even link me the video if you didn't actually want to help?

I'm not here to argue either but don't accuse me of some bs when you lashed out at me for no reason. You offered the "help", I never asked you to be my google. If anybody was rude, it was you.

But yeah, back on track.

Calvin

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, I am really hoping there is meaningful end-game coop that can be played. I understand its not a GaaS by design, but to be pedantic, I would argue neither is Diablo. It has a core endgame loop that they have expanded and iterated on, and this type of 3rd person version of that is what I am wanting - remains to be seen if it is anything like that, but I am encouraged by what they have been saying lately!

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
Everyone, let's chill and tone down the hostility. Miscommunications aren't worth arguments.

OP
OP
Anastasis

Anastasis

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I am really hoping there is meaningful end-game coop that can be played. I understand its not a GaaS by design, but to be pedantic, I would argue neither is Diablo. It has a core endgame loop that they have expanded and iterated on, and this type of 3rd person version of that is what I am wanting - remains to be seen if it is anything like that, but I am encouraged by what they have been saying lately!
Did you hear about the ascended tower of trials? The roguelike endgame loop?