• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Yushi

Nov 27, 2017
I really hope this a secretly a hit. I want this to be good as it seems my PS5 will be late from Amazon (Can)

I know Arekkz got the game and a few other people too. So hopefully we get good reviews.

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
PSA: Any on the fence in the US that are waiting for a sale, through Saturday you can get the Standard edition for $46 through Target. They have a Buy 2 Get 1 free going on. Add Godfall plus two other $69.99 games that qualify, checkout, and cancel the other two games as Target prorates the discount, giving you 33% off. Hope this helps someone!
This isn't working for me. When I go to check out, and remove any of the games from my cart, the discount disappears.

Oct 31, 2017
Game looks very interesting and I would have jumped the gun on pre-order easily by now but I am not sure what the developers' intent with the game is.

Is it supposed to be a co-op game? If it's focused more as a standalone single player game then how long is the whole campaign?
How much of the whole campaign can you play as co-op. Is it more Destiny or Monster Hunter World or Borderlands?

I was planning on getting Valhalla but this game seems too interesting to ignore.

OP
OP
Anastasis

Anastasis

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Game looks very interesting and I would have jumped the gun on pre-order easily by now but I am not sure what the developers' intent with the game is.

Is it supposed to be a co-op game? If it's focused more as a standalone single player game then how long is the whole campaign?
How much of the whole campaign can you play as co-op. Is it more Destiny or Monster Hunter World or Borderlands?

I was planning on getting Valhalla but this game seems too interesting to ignore.
It can be soloed or played coop as long as both players have unlocked the mission. Self contained story that'll get you to level 25ish. Don't know the length of the campaign at the moment. Also has an endgame loop that caps at 50 for those who want to grind. No PvP.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Really hope this turns out well. I think it looks really good but I'm cautious about it after getting burned by similar loot focused games, so I'll hold off until impressions/reviews are out.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
Man I had to send my gaming laptop (i7-9700K + RTX 2080) off for repair because the screen died, and it's been almost three weeks.

I'm so salty I won't have it back for Godfall launch day.

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
Got my copy ordered! Looks gorgeous, and I love loot-based action games. Can't wait to try it. I hope this turns out to be a surprise hit, and I hope that we get some meaty updates if it's a strong seller.

Oct 26, 2017
That's a nice OT!

Nioh and Monster Hunter World are some of my favorite games, and I think this game will scratch a similar itch (melee combat, making builds).

So we should be getting reviews, or at least impressions, before launch, right? I mean I'm getting this regardless but still undecided if I should get the Ascended Edition or just Standard.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
That's a nice OT!

Nioh and Monster Hunter World are some of my favorite games, and I think this game will scratch a similar itch (melee combat, making builds).

So we should be getting reviews, or at least impressions, before launch, right? I mean I'm getting this regardless but still undecided if I should get the Ascended Edition or just Standard.
Review copies were sent out at the latest yesterday. There doesn't seem to be an embargo but we don't know for sure.

Deleted member 18847

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not really sure what sort of game this is, is it like a 3rd person Diablo or is it more like Monster Hunter?

AfterZero

Oct 27, 2017
It'll either be a dark horse launch game hit or "hey, remember that Godfall game that came out on launch?"

Either way, I can't wait to find out.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
Oh shit my laptop is shipping out today or tomorrow with FedEx 2 day air. The dream is alive.

This bum quad core + GTX 1050 back up laptop is not booting a next-gen exclusive. I refuse.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It reminds me of this stunning unreal engine game for iOS. Forgot the name. A knight fighting monster and climbing a tower. You had to swipe the screen.

Camells

The Forgotten One
Oct 25, 2017
Waiting for reviews and impressions on this one and time...but ngl it looks really good I'm just a little burned out by "looters"

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
I was trying to think of what the combat reminded me of, and the shoulder-locked camera is definitely God of War, but those gifs and the artstyle finally clicked for me:

That's some slidey-ass Too Human combat.

I loved Too Human

stryke

Oct 28, 2017
They did well to turn me around on this game.
I'm still unimpressed by the art style but the gameplay looks right up my alley.

OP
OP
Anastasis

Anastasis

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't used the community feature of the PS4, but I assume it is coming for the PS5, right? It might be nice to set something up for Godfall ERA for coop play.

RaySpencer

Oct 27, 2017
I was trying to think of what the combat reminded me of, and the shoulder-locked camera is definitely God of War, but those gifs and the artstyle finally clicked for me:

That's some slidey-ass Too Human combat.

I loved Too Human

That's because Too Human was fun, and people like fun!

That Valkyrie though......

ANDS

Banned
Jun 25, 2019
With Valhalla and Yakuza out this week I'm comfortable waiting on reviews and performance on mid-range PC's.

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
So fucking hype for this game.
Used 3 of my days off from Cyberpunk for this. Early release makes this all the better.

Wednesday to Monday nothing but Godfall. <3

Hernan532

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Sep 30, 2020
I bought it for PC. Very hyped!!!.
Do you know if you could preload it from epic? I always buy from steam or MS and not option to download for now. Thank you!!

Etoh

Oct 25, 2017
San Juan, Puerto Rico
I'm cautiously optimistic (aren't we all)... Hopefully it'll review well and, most importantly, you gals and lads find it fun.

I'm attracted to it's #aesthetic, and that coupled with good word of mouth? Well, we'll see.

LProtagonist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Huh, so it's playable Wednesday late afternoon EST on PC? Guess I might not be able to wait for reviews...

Iamcenok

Oct 27, 2017
Im jealous of all the players who'll get this on PS5. No PS5 for me.... yet

I bought my copy on EGS -- hoping to see if I can play it with my dualsense.

Calvin

Oct 26, 2017
Im jealous of all the players who'll get this on PS5. No PS5 for me.... yet

I bought my copy on EGS -- hoping to see if I can play it with my dualsense.
I got it on EGS too even though I am getting a PS5. Feel like this is one of those games that ultimately will benefit from PC/PC controls. Not sure why - hope I am right :)