• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I've been playing a ton of Godfall, it's actually close to becoming my most played game on PS5 currently. Yet I would admit that it's not the best game I played on it.

But I just love playing it. I think it's combat is actually really fun (when it doesn't bug out sometimes), and the loot system is quite good. I like that you can take any uncommon gear and upgrade it to legendary status and it's not gimped but actually good. So it opens up a lot of possibility cause every piece of loot you get could become the next thing to perfect your build. I got gear that works great but I still see myself getting a better version of it.

When I do the spin skill with the longsword and I go right through a bunch of enemies and they explode due to my longswords ability... It's amazing imho.

The higher content is fairly difficult, while some balancing I do think needs to be done for some enemy types, it's rewards smart play and there's actually a fair decent enemy variety even if there is some overlap.

I do think it's better in the post-story content cause well, you don't need to bogged down by the nonsense story (of what little there is) and you can just do combat. Level design never becomes good but honestly the focus is so much on the combat that I don't mind.

In the post-game you unlock an unlimited floor tower and me and my bud have been running through it getting further and further into it each attempt. And you get a lot of loot and money which then feeds back into being able to buy into dreamstones (basically repeating old missions through stages at higher level and loot, more to it than that but that's the gist of it).

It still needs more fixes, it's not a GAAS (no MTX) so I'm not expecting years of updates. But I am looking forward to playing the free content update and then the paid expansion later. Although they have already addressed some issues already (imho the biggest personally one being mass salvage). Matchmaking I hope they do add for those that would use it.

I think a lot of people got those games that are 6-7/10's that have problems but it just works so well for you personally that you like it.

Xeonidus

“Fuck them kids.”
Oct 28, 2017
I'll definitely check it out one day. Can see it being a good side game.Something to checkout during content updates, etc.

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I feel like I will enjoy this, but happy to wait for a possible PS+ release before the end of the year

CTRON

Jul 16, 2020
Godfall is the PS5's equivalent of Killzone Shadow Fall. The combat is indeed fun, but I wish everything around it wasn't so mediocre. Post-launch support will determine how this does in the long run. For now, the endgame doesn't encourage me to return to it.

Sirank

Oct 27, 2017
I had a good time besides all the crashes and disconnections. Fun mindless smashing enemies and gorgeous visuals.

Main problem was it felt like it needed about twice as many areas and what not. After you got the forge NPC I thought you would be collecting more people to join your home base, but in the end he was the only one. I didn't get into the endgame much though admittedly.

Felt like it should be in the $30 range rather than $70(jesus), it felt suprisingly bare bones.

Kurtikeya

One Winged Slayer
Dec 2, 2017
Played a bit of it and I'm still at the first town after the prologue. Liking it so far and looking forward to news about the expansion.

I feel like I will enjoy this, but happy to wait for a possible PS+ release before the end of the year

It's one of the PS+ games for this month.

EDIT: I am dumb.

Dec 23, 2017
giphy.gif

Jokes aside, I should give Godfall a try...it did look kinda neat.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Me and my buddies played through the whole thing co-op. Actually had a lot of fun with the combat and loot.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
It's absolutely rough around the edges and has problems but yes I've had a ton of fun playing it and damn does it run and look good on PS5 @4k/60. Super satisfying when shit blows up and you get all them particle effects. Turn down bloom though.

Karlinel

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Mallorca, Spain
I still want to try it, sadly these days between WoW, Maneater and DS3 (apparently I have made a name for myself by hating on 3, so imma plat it) I can't play anything new so it'll have to wait.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
Played a bit of it and I'm still at the first town after the prologue. Liking it so far and looking forward to news about the expansion.

Um what? Oh I see your edit lol. I was like WTF I can now trade in my copy but then I saw you mixed up Greedfall with Godfall. Adorable mistake.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
I am big dumbo. Nonetheless, I have played Godfall so I'll properly contribute and say that it has really enjoyable combat and wish it had more beyond that.

Yep. They have said since the beginning that it's not a GaaS but I really wish it was. I wish it was way more Destiny like and they should have ran with that especially with the planned free and paid (season pass) expansions coming out. Matchmaking should have been a given too.

OP
OP
Kalentan

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
What "performance issues" it has?

It generally runs at 60 but sometimes when you enter a mission in some areas there will be a brief bit will it will just dip to ~30 but usually clears up not long after.

Also whenever a massive amount of effects are happening on screen the fps will also drop for a few seconds. (Usually if you do some attack that results in multiple enemies exploding + massive damage)

(Also for some reason the augment menu is really laggy for... whatever reason)

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I bought it for the full $70 on PSN. Played it for three hours and I never want to play it again. The thought of it actually makes me angry.

The most bland video game I have ever played.

Japanmanx3

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
This legit is like the first Godfall thread I've seen since release. I completely forgot about it. I hope it comes to PS+ at some point.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
I am still baffled why this game doesn't have the ray traced shadows, the least demanding RT feature, on PS5.

OP
OP
Kalentan

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017

I know it's a joke, but I did actually get Anthem and while I did find the combat to be very fun. Everything else was just... not enjoyable. The loot system was not good nor did I feel incentive to keep playing after completing the story. Not to mention a lot of cosmetics being in a store.

Bxrz

Banned
Dec 18, 2020
Gave it a spin and honestly I had more fun with Anthem. At least the flying in that game was cool. Godfall was just....generic and not fun (for me)

Bigwombat

Banned
Nov 30, 2018

I just did the same thing. I bought greedfall last month before it was on ps+ so that's why I clicked this thread, to see impressions.

Was getting mildly confused until I saw both names in a post. Oops!

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
You're going to the boxart quote. The one (and only) Godfall fan. Brought tears to pitchfords jaded eyes

Starlatine

Oct 28, 2017
You do realize he didn't develop it, right?

Also what is this terrible attempt at being both funny and insulting?

Are you going to be this defensive to anyone who doesn't love godfall like you? Why did you even made the thread, just to get similar opinions and nothing else? You know this is a forum right?

OP
OP
Kalentan

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Are you going to be this defensive to anyone who doesn't love godfall like you? Why did you even made the thread, just to get similar opinions? You know this is a forum right?

No, I just don't like posts that come in and clearly trying to be insulting to me under the loose guise of being "funny".

You don't see me quoting the users above who say they didn't enjoy it.

Delroy

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
I played through the main story solo. Can't say I particularly enjoyed it. A lot of that had to do with the controls which never felt good, and the camera was wonky for me. It looked fairly nice though, lots of shiny reflections.

Starlatine

Oct 28, 2017
No, I just don't like posts that come in and clearly trying to be insulting to me under the loose guise of being "funny".

You don't see me quoting the users above who say they didn't enjoy it.

I like borderlands 3 and heard plenty of pitchford jokes about it. Trust me when i say I didn't want it to be particularly insulting despite anything pitchford basically being by proxy. Godfall is still below mediocre and you're the first person since reveal that I'm seeing saying that love it hence the box art "joke"

Feb 1, 2018
Europe
I know it's a joke, but I did actually get Anthem and while I did find the combat to be very fun. Everything else was just... not enjoyable. The loot system was not good nor did I feel incentive to keep playing after completing the story. Not to mention a lot of cosmetics being in a store.
I also liked Anthem. Maybe we have a taste for the broken and slightly weird?

Lemony1984

Jul 7, 2020
I wouldn't pay full price for it (and I didn't) but it's a decent enough podcast game IMO. Not worth more than $20-30

Miyahon

Nov 8, 2017
I got this for "free" when I bought an AMD card last year. Redeemed it to the Epic Game Store. May have to check it out sometime. Not sure how the PC version runs.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't pay full price for it (and I didn't) but it's a decent enough podcast game IMO. Not worth more than $20-30
Pretty much my take on it as well. Didn't pay full price and did get it fairly cheap, and so far I'm liking it quite a bit. Its got a ton of issues (especially with markers/missions seemingly disappearing in the explore/freeplay mode) and as a whole, I'm one that feels that the areas are too big and empty, would be better as a linear action game. But the action itself feels fairly good, and playing it on hard mode feels fairly fun. Definitely not worth full price, and definitely not in the same tier as say Nioh or DMC5 but its certainly not bad. A fun, mindless action game.

Poldino

Oct 27, 2020
The game has good foundations: amazing graphics, very fun and engaging combat system, good coop mechanics, but it's lacking content too much. They need to support it with a long-term roadmap of free updates, if they want this to recover somehow

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
It's crazy that it look my brain a few seconds to even remember what game Godfall was. 😅

But glad you are enjoying it, OP.

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
If they'd just add offline support I'd give this a shot for sure. I love loot arpg's and actually always thought this looked like it could be fun, but I don't like my games to have an expiration date, so won't jump on this unless they add a offline mode.

JetmanJay

Nov 1, 2017
Yeah, I'm digging this game too. The combat and enemy variety are impressive. Wish it had some form of matchmaking is all. Snd the huge frame rate dips on the Hunts are weird, but overall I'd recommend it.