• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
they should have it as free 2 play like WarFrame

if they do and they have some good content I can see this being some go to game during the PS5 Launch

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
What if this will be the first free PS+ title during the PS5 launch month...
I'm hoping that this will be a full price game full of content. If it was free to play there will definitely be mechanics that will get in your way to make some money.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
What if this will be the first free PS+ title during the PS5 launch month...
I'm hoping that this will be a full price game full of content. If it was free to play there will definitely be mechanics that will get in your way to make some money.
I doubt it, it's a Destiny/MH like game, for a launch title and if it's at least not trash should sell big, though one thing I don't get is the developers saying they don't have any post launch support planned, doesn't make sense for the type of game.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
It looked nice enough but to show first ps5 game that is a 3rd party game? Ehhh
PS5 is home of the 3rd party first and foremost. It's why Sony got arrogant in the first place with PS3, they thought 3rd party would always be there to support and uphold the platform. And they were but not to the extent Sony had hoped.

gotta show the 3rd party love

rokkerkory

Banned
Jun 14, 2018
PS5 is home of the 3rd party first and foremost. It's why Sony got arrogant in the first place with PS3, they thought 3rd party would always be there to support and uphold the platform. And they were but not to the extent Sony had hoped.

gotta show the 3rd party love

Yeah for sure I dont doubt that but for the very first game to be shown it's a let down. Games will be better obviously but i wanted like DAMN reveal.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Does Gearbox mandate shitty one-liners as a kind of brand?

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
Yeah for sure I dont doubt that but for the very first game to be shown it's a let down. Games will be better obviously but i wanted like DAMN reveal.
It's not an actual PS5 reveal though. It's only PS5 first game by circumstance. MS showed us what their next console looks like, the name, they had to have a first party there to show some hype. Wait for PS meeting.

Heid

Jan 7, 2018
So another game with the generic soulless flaccid sci-fi fantasy art style.

Can't believe thats one combination the industry milked dry lol its like warframe + overwatch + a flaccid bit of Destiny

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
If it looks like that on PS5, and runs at native 4k @ 60fps + maybe RT reflections (Digital Foundry speculation) then I think it's pretty impressive for a 3rd party launch game.

Whether it's a good game or not, that's another question, but it's far from bad looking when the target is 4k @ 60fps.

Oct 25, 2017
If it looks like that on PS5, and runs at native 4k @ 60fps + maybe RT reflections (Digital Foundry speculation) then I think it's pretty impressive for a 3rd party launch game.

Whether it's a good game or not, that's another question, but it's far from bad looking when the target is 4k @ 60fps.
Agreed, they are a smaller team working on a launch game aiming for 4K/60fps and they haven't finished optimizing yet.

If it looks like this considering all that, we have nothing to worry about for this gen.

floridaguy954

Oct 29, 2017
Surely this will come with free jobs and /or skills training,plus a very long probationary period, right? Right?!

20 hours/week averaged across 3 months over a 3-year period doesn't even sound unreasonable, excluding for disabled folks and parents/caregivers, but I'm sure I'll be labeled a monster for that opinion.

Trump states keep winning. Keep on fucking that chicken, southern US.
Meh. Strange choice for the first announced PS5 game.
giphy.gif

I hope this came outta nowhere and isnt the PS5 game everyone was talking about.
Agreed.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Have to see more from the combat. If it that slow and plodding, than I am good
I'm probably going to stick to Warframe when it comes to PS5. That's the best slasher-looter ... sloosher on the market right now.
It's so damn good, I just wish purchases carried over to other platforms. I would play more

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
This game could be dogshit and it'd still sell well; i'd like to know if any launch titles sold poorly in general?

Knack sold well
1-2 Switch sold well

Etc etc

Liquor

Oct 28, 2017

Not everything is for everybody. I'll be there though. Looks fantastic to me.

Current-gen graphics but in 4K60 is a good start for a launch title

I kind of agree tbh, looks like they tried to ape the style of Destiny but without the skill of Bungie's artists

Gameplay looks fun though
I don't see Destiny at all, which IMO is the definition of generic sci-fi gaming design.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
This looks nothing like Destiny and Destiny doesn't look generic at all. Bunch of bad takes in this thread all for a game we barely know anything about 🤭.

Very interested in knowing more though.

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France

Trailer did nothing to me, it was too shiny, some sort of Warframe clone.
The gameplay GIF? not bad at all. I think it is already quite impressive an indie can do that (and we are one year from launch) technical achievment. Indie gave us Knack at PS4 launch.

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So another game with the generic soulless flaccid sci-fi fantasy art style.

Can't believe thats one combination the industry milked dry lol its like warframe + overwatch + a flaccid bit of Destiny
Yeah, I saw 1 second of it and immediately knew it was unappealing to me.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if this is a start for Sony putting more into multiplayer centric games or if a multiplayer game is just needed for a well rounded out launch lineup. The fact that it's not first party makes me think the latter is more likely but I wouldn't mind being wrong.

Liquor

Oct 28, 2017
Trailer did nothing to me, it was too shiny, some sort of Warframe clone.
The gameplay GIF? not bad at all. I think it is already quite impressive an indie can do that (and we are one year from launch) technical achievment. Indie gave us Knack at PS4 launch.
Where are people getting the Warframe thing from? I've been playing Warframe since PC LAUNCH and I don't see the "clone" comment merrit.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised some are down on the game, the gameplay gif looks incredible and that's even taking into account the fact that it's a gif and we likely can't see a number of the finer effects and visual improvements we'd expect.

Sotha_Sil

Nov 4, 2017
That art direction is about as unappealing to me as one could get. If the gameplay is decent, it should do well as a launch title, though.

Avis

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The armour and gear designs in this look dope. I think they get the actual character proportions just right in a way other stuff doesn't (except in that one shot, dudes got legs for days lol). Apparently they're somewhat inspired by The Stormlight Archive and First Law, probably why I was immediately drawn to it. I'll definitely be keeping my eye on it.

Last edited:

KirikaPirin

Banned
Jun 6, 2019
I don't think that Sony intended to show Godfall as the first game for PS5, it was rather a last minute decision to counter the next-gen news from Microsoft. But that explanation doesn't change the fact that Microsoft delivered at the TGA. Judging by the GIF gameplay and the pedigree of developers of Godfall I think that the game will be a solid experience.

Minthara

Freelance Market Director
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
I don't think that Sony intended to show Godfall as the first game for PS5, it was rather a last minute decision to counter the next-gen news from Microsoft. But that explanation doesn't change the fact that Microsoft delivered at the TGA. Judging by the GIF gameplay and the pedigree of developers of Godfall I think that the game will be a solid experience.

This isn't how things work.