• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Feb 10, 2018
User Banned (1 month): platform warring and thread derail, history of similar infractions
Hey, it is 50 50, fucking LOL

Maybe it's not 50/50, I mean apart from guruilla, who else do they have that has has had 2-4yrs since there last game?
And if guruilla want to turn heads with an open world AAA next gen game there's a good chance it might not make the launch window.
I hope guruilla takes there time with hzd2, that game will look insane on next gen hardware.

How can someone not interpret your post as negative fearmongering? You're literally implying that Sony's 1st party studios don't have anything to show for next gen so Sony has to moneyhat some random third party game? Get out of here with that warrior narrative.

I should of clarified that my opinion is also based on the schedule of WW studios.
And there schedules are not a warrior narrative.

It's a bit odd that you say I'm fear mongering, what Sony devs do you think will have a ps5 launch window game?

Last edited:

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ezgif.com-resize.gif

I dig it.

Martl

Oct 30, 2017
Austria
Do you know that Sony is releasing several games on Epic store so maybe they return that favor?
The possibility that launch lineups aren't as great as we wish is possible for both XB as PS but assuming this becaus of this one deal is the part which is a bit
hyperbolical.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
This looked very mediocre and not at all impressive given it was the first officially shown PS5 game

Jan 20, 2019
Maybe it's not 50/50, I mean apart from guruilla, who else do they have that has has had 2-4yrs since there last game?
And if guruilla want to turn heads with an open world AAA next gen game there's a good chance it might not make the launch window.
I hope guruilla takes there time with hzd2, that game will look insane on next gen hardware.

On top of my head, they have the bluepoint game, the rumor ratch and clank, guerrilla, there is also the new san diego studio.

So yeah, they do have games. The third party is a bussiness move, they did the same with call of duty

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Oct 27, 2017
After looking at that alleged in-engine trailer for Hellblade 2, they should've held this one back and dumped it out alongside a bunch of better trailers.

Feb 10, 2018
On top of my head, they have the bluepoint game, the rumor ratch and clank, guerrilla, there is also the new san diego studio.

So yeah, they do have games. The third party is a bussiness move, they did the same with call of duty

Yes bluepoint is a good 3rd party business deal, guruilla is the most likely given that there last game was released 3.5yrs ago in Nov 2020, ratch and clank? Who making that Insomniac? I think they will be on spiderman 2 in 21/22. Has the new San Diego studio even been announced yet? I don't think they even have a website? There game will probably be 2022/23.

Minthara

Freelance Market Director
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
After looking at that alleged in-engine trailer for Hellblade 2, they should've held this one back and dumped it out alongside a bunch of better trailers.

An indie game company should hold back the biggest platform of the year for their game to get exposure because Microsoft showed off Hellblade. What?

Again, this was a Publisher and Developer decision, and it was the right one for them. Even revealing this at the PS5 reveal event may not have given them the level of exposure they wanted.

Think about it, at this event, saying "Hey we are a PS5 game!" was a unique selling point that basically only they got to say. If they did it later on at E3 or the PS5 reveal, being a PS5 game is not a unique selling point...

Last edited:

KOHIPEET

Oct 29, 2017
Honestly. If this is what we get on next-gen consoles from smaller teams? I couldn't be happier.
Trailer was short and didn't reveal too much, but on paper it sounds like decent fun.

Ænima

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
This looked very mediocre and not at all impressive given it was the first officially shown PS5 game
Its a 3rd party game. If you want to see something impressive you need to wait for a 1st party game. Probably something from Guerrilla witch is my bet for showing the 1st PS5 exclusive.

This Godfall looks current gen.

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Oct 27, 2017
An indie game company should hold back the biggest platform of the year for their game to get exposure because Microsoft showed off Hellblade. What?

Again, this was a Publisher and Developer decision, and it was the right one for them. Even revealing this at the PS5 reveal event may not have given them the level of exposure they wanted.

Think about it, at this event, saying "Hey were are a PS5 game!" was a unique selling point that basically only they got to say. If they did it later on at E3 or the PS5 reveal, being a PS5 game is not a unique selling point...
Have you see this thread? Saying it's receiving a lukewarm response would be kind. This is the first ever PS5 trailer and it's underwhelming in light of what we've just seen from Microsoft. Granted, it was probably too late to pull it, but this being the first trailer for a PS5 game will only elicit next-gen comparisons between it and a vastly superior-looking game for a rival console.

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
This thread would have been done and forgotten at page 1, max 2 if it weren't for the PlayStation 5. Kinda funny, actually.

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019
I tend to wait until we know a good deal about a game before passing off complete judgment on the entire game. The brief snippet looked good so this might be a good transition to next gen. We'll have to wait to see.

Minthara

Freelance Market Director
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
Have you see this thread? Saying it's receiving a lukewarm response would be kind. This is the first ever PS5 trailer and it's underwhelming in light of what we've just seen from Microsoft. Granted, it was probably too late to pull it, but this being the first trailer for a PS5 game will only elicit next-gen comparisons between it and a vastly superior-looking game for a rival console.

First off: You keep coming at this from the point of view of Sony, who likely don't give a shit. Why? Because this is a game they might be partnering on but this ultimately is not their title and is of minimal consequence to them. Their games will look plenty pretty once they start their marketing machine up.

The only people who care about this being a "bad" "first look" at a PS5 game are console warriors. Again, putting this trailer in the show was a Publisher and Developer decision.

Also, I have seen this thread, it has 11 pages of discussion (for better or worse) about a small indie game. So you know, it could be argued that the method they went with worked.

JJD

Oct 25, 2017
So what is the source for that gif that is going around? I want to see more.

Convasse

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA, USA
I don't understand some of the reactions to this. We know Sony will have more to show for PS5 next year. That is fact. And this game looks somewhat interesting. No need to compare it to anything else. This game wasn't set-up as the official game of PlayStation 5, like say Deep Down either.

tutomos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

People are not dumb. They also saw the Ghost of Tsushima trailer and that game looks pretty good so I don't think anybody will doubt Sony's capabilities. At the end of the day, it's not a big deal that the responses are lukewarm. Godfall might be the next Fortnite, everything is possible and if Fornite was shown as the first game for PS4 you'd have gotten the same responses.

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
This thing is free-to-play right?

Very unlikely. In the interview their CEO gave (where the combat gif is from) they said that there currently are no plans for post-release content.
If this was a f2p GaaS thing, they would have a post-launch roadmap ready.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
The trailer was underwhelming. So fucking banal, thematically. Reminded me of Darksiders.

Anyway, the gameplay looks comparatively better. Why isn't the source of the gameplay posted though?

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
If Fortnite was shown as PS4's first game, you would have the same reaction. Hellblade wasn't even gameplay lol, overreaction much? and judging forum dwellers reaction to a potential 100 million gamers is not smart.

Oct 27, 2017
Florida
I guess I am not as elite as some of you because I see great art direction, cool animations, and the beginnings of what could be a really fun game.

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
hoping this is more like warframe and not like anthem

RavFiveFour

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
It takes some guts to put a trailer out, slasher games can be HUGE (God of War, Devil May Cry etc.) so this could be a major hit for SONY.

Prime2

Oct 25, 2017
Very unlikely. In the interview their CEO gave (where the combat gif is from) they said that there currently are no plans for post-release content.
If this was a f2p GaaS thing, they would have a post-launch roadmap ready.

They do have a near a year before it launches I can't see a looter type game that doesnt get support following it launching

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Oct 27, 2017
First off: You keep coming at this from the point of view of Sony, who likely don't give a shit. Why? Because this is a game they might be partnering on but this ultimately is not their title and is of minimal consequence to them. Their games will look plenty pretty once they start their marketing machine up.

The only people who care about this being a "bad" "first look" at a PS5 game are console warriors. Again, putting this trailer in the show was a Publisher and Developer decision.

Also, I have seen this thread, it has 11 pages of discussion (for better or worse) about a small indie game. So you know, it could be argued that the method they went with worked.
For console warriors, perception becomes reality. I haven't owned a console in 14 years, so it makes no difference to me. Bad timing or not, this trailer didn't really benefit Gearbox or Sony as much as either would've liked. Yes. It's one more game that I'm aware of, but my initial "meh" impression will persist until I start hearing good word of mouth.

Majik13

Oct 27, 2017
very meh, especially for the first PS5 game reveal. Hopefully it ends up being good at something when it launches.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I completely missed this last night but imo it looked good. Armor designs look a tad bit overdone - but tbh I need to see more of the games aesthetic and that opinion can easily change.

Looking forward to seeing more of it.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017

From earlier yesterday before the awards show you could see the warriors coming out to play. It derailed other threads too.

Still happening elsewhere.

That it's an indie game makes all this even more funny.

Some ppl act like Knack defined the PS4 judging by some of these posts.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Trailer was pretty...whelming. Gif looks much better.

And - sorry to the dev team - it is a nice taste of "if this can look like THAT at launch, imagine what ND/SSM/Black Tusk etc will do".
All the launch titles will be like that. Devs won't make full use of next-gen hardware until the back end of the generation
Pretty much looks like current-gen visuals but with nicer reflections and 60 FPS.