• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

coldcrush

Jun 11, 2018
I have zero doubt the ps5 is gonna have some insanely great looking games and the first wave of launch titles are traditionally not that big a leap visually but even with all that said this looked pretty wak, weird choice for first ever ps5 footage

gabdeg

Oct 26, 2017
🐝
Strange first PS5 game reveal. It doesn't look like something that would be impossible on PS4. I guess it's a 4k60fps title on PS5? I like the weird "Godfall - Reveal Trailer | PS5" in the title of the official upload to the PlayStation channel and the big "PLAYSTATION 5" text in the trailer.

upinsmoke

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I mean what can you say? Its a trailer lol. Came across as kinda cheesy but I'd really like to of seen gameplay

Sep 14, 2018
Spot on. It's pretty, but if it's loot based in the same way Borderlands or Destiny are, I'm out already.

Much worse actually, this developer is known for over the top exploitation of players through microtransactions, I can't wait to see how their monetization schemes have worsened by the time this releases. It'll be a freemium gacha abomination.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
I mean what can you say? Its a trailer lol. Came across as kinda cheesy but I'd really like to of seen gameplay
There's this quick glimpse of gameplay so far
ezgif.com-resize.gif

Oct 27, 2017
I have to look at the trailer again as I didn't see it was stated it was in game so I assumed CGI.

Anyway open world games tend to be less graphic intensive so a comparison is unfair.

From Engadget:

Microsoft revealed its next-generation console, the Xbox Series X, in a surprise announcement at The Game Awards -- and no debut would be complete without a fancy, detailed, in-engine demo. To that end, players got another world premiere in the form of Senua's Saga: Hellblade II from Ninja Theory.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
Gameplay visuals looks like a buffed up version of Paragon, next gen visuals are not too impressive yet but well see. I don't trust that Hellblade II trailer either, too many times has "in engine" been "not true"
The big guns being saved for E3 no doubt.

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
So is the PS5 SSD PR speak now because even Gearbox is talking about it as some major thing:

PSLS: WHAT UNIQUE BENEFITS ARE YOU GETTING BY DEVELOPING GODFALL ON NEXT-GENERATION HARDWARE? WHY MAKE IT A PS5 EXCLUSIVE RATHER THAN A CROSS-GEN RELEASE WITH PS4?

KEITH LEE: The exceptionally powerful SSD on the PlayStation 5 offers a new level of detail for each individual object as well as seamless loading of our expansiveness world. Our combat is kinesthetic in nature, so the new controller's "adaptive triggers" and haptic feedback will make moment-to-moment combat feel exhilarating and visceral.

Will be interesting to see whats so special about it.

Blent

Oct 26, 2017
East Midlands, England, UK
Exciting to have a PS5 game officially announced!

Personally, I'm not a fan of the art direction. Those characters look very 'busy' and over-designed for my tastes, but pretty cool to be getting next-gen announcements already.

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
They said it's real time in engine and Hellblade looked pretty much like in the trailers so I'm inclined to believe it looks like that. The console is sporting a 12tf card so it's not really impossible to believe.
That's what they said about the 2015 animated short in the link I posted but I haven't seen anything that good. Who knows! Maybe? I've been through this so many times though, next gen will be good but let's ... nvm. It could be that good!

Oct 27, 2017
They said it's real time in engine and Hellblade looked pretty much like in the trailers so I'm inclined to believe it looks like that. The console is sporting a 12tf card so it's not really impossible to believe.
Games wont look this good in real time. Especially if they are in the early days of development like Hellblade 2.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
it's about to be 2020 so unsurprising at least one next gen exclusive doesn't eke out at the game awards

kind of relieved actually i don't want to be playing cross gen stuff the next 2-3 years. not that this game necessarily precludes that however

s y

Nov 8, 2017
WHere is this Gif from exactly?
There's a small version on their website but that gif is from PlayStation lifestyle.
www.playstationlifestyle.net

How Godfall Takes Advantage of the PS5 Tech and Controller, More About its World and Gameplay - Keith Lee Interview - PlayStation LifeStyle

We talked with Keith Lee from Counterplay Games to find out how Godfall PS5 takes advantage of the next-gen tech and the new controller features. We also learned more about its world and gameplay.

Klaw

Nov 16, 2017
France
Looks generic and not *that* beautiful. That could only be a bad trailer, but really not hyped. Weird choice from Sony to present this as their first next gen exclusive as they have, without any doubt, tons of other exclusives that would be better ambassadors

Dictator

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Berlin, 'SCHLAND
There's a small version on their website but that gif is from PlayStation lifestyle.
www.playstationlifestyle.net

How Godfall Takes Advantage of the PS5 Tech and Controller, More About its World and Gameplay - Keith Lee Interview - PlayStation LifeStyle

We talked with Keith Lee from Counterplay Games to find out how Godfall PS5 takes advantage of the next-gen tech and the new controller features. We also learned more about its world and gameplay.
interdasting - thanks!

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Game doesn't look all that impressive to me. I mean, it's impressive. It just didn't feel like a leap in any noticeable way.

This doesn't affect my hype for PS5, though. It's just one game. I can't wait to see what Sony has cooking up for it.

Much prefer this over Hellblade II (technically and artistically speaking).
Shocker.

Last edited:

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
Looks generic and not *that* beautiful. That could only be a bad trailer, but really not hyped. Weird choice from Sony to present this as their first next gen exclusive as they have, without any doubt, tons of other exclusives that would be better ambassadors

The one who's presenting this isn't Sony - it's Gearbox Publishing. Granted, I assume that acknowledgement that it's a PS5-only game probably had to get some approval from Sony to be announced.

Sony will wait until the official unveiling of PS5 before they themselves showcase the games that they want to be highlighted in their PS5 event.

Mr_Nothin

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
This is reminiscent of demon souls. It's like the same dialogue. It could go either way but it just reminds me of demon souls so much

Alpha_ulquiorra

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Game doesn't look all that impressive to me. I mean, it's impressive. It just didn't feel like a leap in any noticeable way.

This doesn't effect my hype for PS5, though. It's just one game. I can't wait to see what Sony has cooking up for it.

Shocker.
I think i've literally heard this comment every single gen after 1st gen lol

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
I thought to myself, "what a shame it is that this is the first ever game to be shown for the PS5", and then I remembered that the first game that was showcased for the PS4 was Knack and then I didn't feel so bad.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017

This doesn't effect my hype for PS5, though. It's just one game. I can't wait to see what Sony has cooking up for it.

Shocker.

I can dissect little things from the trailer. The character with white hair has really bad hair tech, blocky hair with squary intersections not moving great. In the first seconds of the trailer you see some off-screen RT reflections on the ground. They are blurry which means they are using low samples but using sharpening to enhance it. This means the game is 60 FPS and not 30 FPS otherwise they could have used full resolution.

Last edited:

Fizie

Jan 21, 2018
Looks pretty bland. Also, the dev bragging about having third person real-time melee combat gave me Genji vibes.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
PSLS: ARE YOU WORKING WITH SONY SPECIFICALLY TO ENSURE THAT GODFALL IS A HIGHLIGHT OF THE PS5 LAUNCH WINDOW? WHAT SUPPORT HAVE THEY OFFERED IN DEVELOPMENT OF THE GAME?

KEITH LEE: We're excited and honored to be selected by Sony to be a PS5 launch title. We plan to be alongside PlayStation every step of the way next year.
interesting

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
Oh boy. And here I was thinking the new Dawn armor sets for Destiny 2 were bad.....yeesh.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
Those designs feel partly inspired by Warframe (and the latitude that design allows for increasingly bizarre and wild DLC to be sold)

More Butter

Banned
Jun 12, 2018
There is obviously going to be much more impressive PS5 games revealed in the not too distant future. This wasn't meant to be a big PlayStation moment.