• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
The devs push back against the idea of a GAAS because they want people to know it is a complete game out of the box with a story arc that you can finish. There is a rogue like challenge endgame to grind for those who want to. Hope they can appease both groups!

I have to imagine if the game is a success they'll start diving into the whole GAAS content delivery system and why not? Game seems ripe for expansion beyond what they've given. New Valorplates, new weapons, new areas with enemies and so on.

OP
OP
Anastasis

Anastasis

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I have to imagine if the game is a success they'll start diving into the whole GAAS content delivery system and why not? Game seems ripe for expansion beyond what they've given. New Valorplates, new weapons, new areas with enemies and so on.
True, true. They do have an expansion planned for next year which is included in the deluxe and ascended versions. The preorder bonuses are different color schemes for the valorplates as well. So you may well be right.

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
I'm not quite sure what you mean, but today in about 3 hours' time there will be a lot more shown.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/go...y-and-q-a-with-arekkz-and-mynameisbyf.319294/
What I mean is ever since announcement, they've only shown combat and gear. Gear and fighting in arena, fighting in a different arena, fighting...while I know it is not an open world game but what do you do in-between arenas outside of changing gear? Do you teleport from arena to arena?

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
What I mean is ever since announcement, they've only shown combat and gear. Gear and fighting in arena, fighting in a different arena, fighting...while I know it is not an open world game but what do you do in-between arenas outside of changing gear? Do you teleport from arena to arena?

They've shown longer slices of uncut gameplay. Looks like some light platforming and traversal stuff you see in most third person action games. Honestly I kind of wish they went a bit more over the top and focused on stuff like platforming and the like. We'll see how it goes in the full game.

OP
OP
Anastasis

Anastasis

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
That's true. We haven't seen what happens after you finish a level.

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
They've shown longer slices of uncut gameplay. Looks like some light platforming and traversal stuff you see in most third person action games. Honestly I kind of wish they went a bit more over the top and focused on stuff like platforming and the like. We'll see how it goes in the full game.
Ooo they have?! I'd love to see that video!

OP
OP
Anastasis

Anastasis

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017

If anyone wants to join their official discord. It could be faster for co op

It seems like they are only using that official discord for official announcements and a place to discuss announcement events (but only during the events). They do link an additional (I assume unofficial) LFG discord for the game which will be great for co op. I assume they do not want to have to maintain and monitor a discord server 24/7.

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017

Its not in English but I think this gives at least a semi-decent idea of the general gameplay you'll be seeing. I think this is pretty early in the game though so isn't representative of end game or anything.

THANKS! Exactly what I was looking for. I agree the initial run from arena to arena is hopefully not representative of end game as it is quite literally a line. At the end it looked like it opened up in a small open area with a couple arenas connected. Good to see but exploration front seems a bit disappointing.

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
They really are starting to push the game suddenly. Maybe should have done it sooner, but still.

For me it started as a "meh, no interested at all" to a "almost pre-ordering" lol

Mrfb17

Senior Designer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
London, United Kingdom

Its not in English but I think this gives at least a semi-decent idea of the general gameplay you'll be seeing. I think this is pretty early in the game though so isn't representative of end game or anything.

Any know the original channel this footage came from? It seems like the C J Channel might just be re-uploading it. I like their enthusiasm and wouldn't mind checking out some of their other videos / future Godfall videos

Icarus

Oct 26, 2017
The video just now showcasing end game content was great.

The game looks like it will be a lot of fun and I can't wait to start tinkering with builds and trying out all the post game activities.

Kurumi

Oct 26, 2017
That stream definitely got me more hyped. I like what they're doing for endgame content. And it sounds like it's definitely going to take some time for me to get that Hinterclaw valorplate. Can't wait! Already have the ascended edition preordered.

Feb 11, 2019
Looks like a decent enough game. The graphics are technically good, but a little too graphics demo-y for my tastes. I'll probably pick it up with my GPU upgrade come early December, it'd probably kill my R9 290 as it is.

OP
OP
Anastasis

Anastasis

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Time stamped start of a 5 minute section of the developer description of endgame for those who are interested:

Last edited:

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Am I the only one getting Too Human vibes from this (although this certainly looks smoother and more polished)? I know most hated that game, but I quite liked it.

GreyHand23

Apr 10, 2018
I had to stop watching. I want to be surprised on launch day. But man this looks like it will be a winner.

Honestly it doesn't really spoil much. They still haven't shown any actual co-op footage either which is starting to concern me a bit. I do think the endgame sounds good and fun especially for a game that isn't meant to be a live service.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Honestly it doesn't really spoil much. They still haven't shown any actual co-op footage either which is starting to concern me a bit. I do think the endgame sounds good and fun especially for a game that isn't meant to be a live service.
Yeah Im with it plus them planning expansions which is great, the 18 levels it sounds like with just the dream stones sounds crazy, on top of the rouge-lite endgame which I think is pretty genius way to help with content.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Time stamped start of a 5 minute section of the developer description of endgame for those who are interested:

An Alternative Game Mode that is a Roguelike minigame, Information taken from Q&A Video

• First Dreamstone Unlocked After beating campaign
  • 18 Dreamstones Total
  • Meant to be repeatable
  • Each Dreamstone is a 3 round challenge with randomly generated activity, missions, encounters with past midbosses and endbosses
  • When you start you will be given two options to choose between enemy A and enemy B. Once you start those mission there will be various activities that cumulate in that final fight.
  • If you are successful you will be rewarded with bonus loot, given a temporary buff that last the duration of that Dreamstone and you'll learn about the enhancements that make the final boss more powerful.
  • If You fail you keep moving forward without the bonuses or info making the final challenge more difficult.
  • If you complete the final boss battle you will unlock the next Dreamstone. If You lose you must redo it.
  • Loot that drops is randomly generated.
  • First 9 Dreamstones are considered the first act meant to level and gear up players.
  • Second Act is 9 more Dreamstones and The Ascended Tower of Trials
  • The Ascended Tower of Trials goes on indefintely. The ultimate test of player skill where you keep acquiring buffs and keeps fighting more challenging enemies as far as you can go.
  • Drops loot unique to this tower with gear players are going to be proud to acquire.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
An Alternative Game Mode that is a Roguelike minigame, Information taken from Q&A Video

• First Dreamstone Unlocked After beating campaign
  • 18 Dreamstones Total
  • Meant to be repeatable
  • Each Dreamstone is a 3 round challenge with randomly generated activity, missions, encounters with past midbosses and endbosses
  • When you start you will be given two options to choose between enemy A and enemy B. Once you start those mission there will be various activities that cumulate in that final fight.
  • If you are successful you will be rewarded with bonus loot, given a temporary buff that last the duration of that Dreamstone and you'll learn about the enhancements that make the final boss more powerful.
  • If You fail you keep moving forward without the bonuses or info making the final challenge more difficult.
  • If you complete the final boss battle you will unlock the next Dreamstone. If You lose you must redo it.
  • Loot that drops is randomly generated.
  • First 9 Dreamstones are considered the first act meant to level and gear up players.
  • Second Act is 9 more Dreamstones and The Ascended Tower of Trials
  • The Ascended Tower of Trials goes on indefintely. The ultimate test of player skill where you keep acquiring buffs and keeps fighting more challenging enemies as far as you can go.
  • Drops loot unique to this tower with gear players are going to be proud to acquire.
This is perfect

4 Get!

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 8, 2019
THANKS! Exactly what I was looking for. I agree the initial run from arena to arena is hopefully not representative of end game as it is quite literally a line. At the end it looked like it opened up in a small open area with a couple arenas connected. Good to see but exploration front seems a bit disappointing.

I half-agree. I felt differently about the footage because that type of exploration and gameplay loop to a level end boss reminded me specifically of Vindictus, which is exactly what I'm looking for with this game.

I'm just hoping the weapon movesets and bosses get more creative the more you play. I want some stuff like this:

FLCL

Oct 27, 2017
The devs push back against the idea of a GAAS because they want people to know it is a complete game out of the box with a story arc that you can finish. There is a rogue like challenge endgame to grind for those who want to. Hope they can appease both groups!
Sounds good! Some new info from today too which made me even more interested. Really looking forward to this.

fulltimepanda

Oct 28, 2017
That new vids have massive warframe vibes haha.

Thinking about it, this game is looking more and more like what I wanted Kingdoms of Amalur to be.

CrackaFett

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Not sure which platform to get it on. Would like to know if there is a 60fps mode. Either play on a 3080 or ps5, friends on both.

nocontent

Dec 29, 2017
Really looking forward to it. But one thing is bothering me...

...is it just me or is the move set for weapons somewhat limited? There is a new video with a q&a and some new snippets of the tutorial. It's literally r1>r1>r1>r1 or r2>r2>r2 . Maybe I did not catch it but from my impressions there is a lack in depth regarding the combat.

There are several ways to compensate this, and even with a limited move set it could be a great game!

OP
OP
Anastasis

Anastasis

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017

Great stuff! Thanks again CountAntonius!

Really looking forward to it. But one thing is bothering me...

...is it just me or is the move set for weapons somewhat limited? There is a new video with a q&a and some new snippets of the tutorial. It's literally r1>r1>r1>r1 or r2>r2>r2 . Maybe I did not catch it but from my impressions there is a lack in depth regarding the combat.

There are several ways to compensate this, and even with a limited move set it could be a great game!
Good question! I think we will have to wait and see. We know there are at least a couple of special moves per weapon, there is the shield which has some cool timed deflections and parries, and each loadout is given two weapons to switch between. Hopefully all those tools make for engaging combat!

I'm so ready for this. when is the OT gonna go up?
The rule is 72 hours before launch, right? I guess I need to find out what time zone launch is... hmm...

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Great stuff! Thanks again CountAntonius!

Good question! I think we will have to wait and see. We know there are at least a couple of special moves per weapon, there is the shield which has some cool timed deflections and parries, and each loadout is given two weapons to switch between. Hopefully all those tools make for engaging combat!

The rule is 72 hours before launch, right? I guess I need to find out what time zone launch is... hmm...
Ah. That time works for it

OP
OP
Anastasis

Anastasis

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Once I heard Mesa was Poison themed, my choice was already locked in. That being said, Vertigo looks pretty cool and also looks like female-coded armor, which is a huge plus. Same with Phoenix, who I imagine is Fire based, which seems to behave like a Dot as well, based on the boss fight footage we saw.
Someone on reddit pointed out that in the footage we saw yesterday (9:00-9:07), while wearing the Vertigo armor, the voice of Orin changes as well to be female-coded (please correct me if I am misusing the phrase).

Renteka-Bond

Chicken Chaser
Dec 28, 2017
Clearwater, Florida
Someone on reddit pointed out that in the footage we saw yesterday (9:00-9:07), while wearing the Vertigo armor, the voice of Orin changes as well to be female-coded (please correct me if I am misusing the phrase).

On the Q&A Stream, that did seem to be the case iirc, which is really great if that's the case, even if it's just '1 Female voice and 1 Male' depending on if the armor is male or female. There's enough variety within the genders that also fit right into my playstyle (DoT) that I'd be set anyway.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
I was wondering about that being that we Play as Orin and his voice up until now has always been male.

I really wonder what Valorians are under the armor.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Great Lore Summary by reddit user Strekios

Summary:

• Kosmera a primordial dragon created the 12 Archons (Silvermane, Hinterclaw, Phoenix, Greyhawk, Vertigo, Illumina, Mesa, Typhon, Aegishorn, Armistice, Mobius, Bulwark) each symbolizing a virtue. They were bored of the void, so Kosmera created the world of Aperion by devouring herself.
  • The Archons created the Valorians (first borns) to fight off the elementals feeding on Aetherium (what remains of Kosmera in the world) called Cravens. Valorplates were made from the remains of Kosmera in the image of each Archon.
  • The Archons started fighting between themselves. They created the Tetraki (latter borns) to fight their wars alongside the Valoreans: the Abysseans (serpents), the Vargul (lizards), the Niyak (monks).
  • Two valoreans who fought side by side for a long time, Orin (Silvermane plate) and Macros (Hinterclaw plate) started to see the corruption of the gods/Archons and thought that together they could kill a god.
  • Started the Upheaval, the Godfall, Orin, Macros and their army started killing every Archons one after the other. They forged weapons with their souls.
  • The Valoreans were bred for war and their hunger was never sated so after they killed every Archons they sarted killing the Tetraki (latter born).
  • Then they built the Skybreaker Monolith by using Aetherium. The monolith is like a drill piercing each elemental realm (water, air, fire, earth), they use it to gather even more Aetherium to forge gear.
  • Macros thought that the Archons tainted Aperion and so he planned to ascend into godhood using the Monolith to wipe it clean.
  • Orin opposed him. The Tetraki joined Macros as he promised them the elemental realms. Thousand years war ensued. Orin lost, Macros think he's dead.
  • Start of the game.