• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

YukiroCTX

Prophet of Regret
Oct 30, 2017
This gen has been great with focus on framerate. Been choosing performance mode every single time, it's made a huge difference in response feel and reducing my nausea problems. Horizon with the more recent updates looks so good, I can barely tell the differences between mode visual wise but the gains of more frames is so large.

Stitch AU

Oct 29, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
60fps mode sounds good. Pre orders in Australia just went up 4 minutes ago, managed to get myself the collector's edition. My first collector's edition of anything in a few years and I love the look of the hammer.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
So yeah all true btw

PlayStation 5

• DualSense™ wireless controller integration
    • Feel your journey through the Norse realms, made possible by immersive haptic feedback and adaptive trigger functionality.
  • Stunning Visuals
    • Switch between full 4K resolution at a targeted 30 frames per second, or dynamic resolution upscaled to 4K at a targeted 60fps.*
    • Bask in the beautiful worlds you travel through, brought to life by stunning art direction and arresting attention to detail.
    • Behold enhanced reflections, lighting and shadows, as well as increased geometric detail and enhanced deformable snow.
  • Fully Optimised for 3D Audio**
    • Immerse yourself in the unique soundscapes of the Nine Realms as sounds reverberate and echo throughout the environment.
    • Use highly accurate spatial audio to hear enemies approaching from any direction, including above and below you.
  • Fast Loading via SSD
    • Return to the action faster than ever; the PS5™ console's high-speed SSD won't leave you waiting long to resurrect from death.
    • Enjoy shortened load times from in-game checkpoints, or when fast travelling.

Mr. Shakedown

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
As long as 60FPS modes are here to stay once games leave last gen behind, I'm fine.

Highly doubt this is the case, but I would love to be wrong. I assume 60fps modes are a byproduct of having to run on old tech, and once they don't have to care about that they'll start trying to squeezing as many particle effects as possible out of the system at 30fps.

Again though, not my intention to be a wet blanket. I'll be over the damn moon if I'm wrong!

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
Highly doubt this is the case, but I would love to be wrong. I assume 60fps modes are a byproduct of having to run on old tech, and once they don't have to care about that they'll start trying to squeezing as many particle effects as possible out of the system at 30fps.

Again though, not my intention to be a wet blanket. I'll be over the damn moon if I'm wrong!
I think 60FPS will be more prevalent than previous generations but maybe not every game like it is currently. I hope we get Pro consoles that allow for every game to get 60FPS modes though.

master15

Nov 28, 2017
So yeah all true btw

PlayStation 5

• DualSense™ wireless controller integration
    • Feel your journey through the Norse realms, made possible by immersive haptic feedback and adaptive trigger functionality.
  • Stunning Visuals
    • Switch between full 4K resolution at a targeted 30 frames per second, or dynamic resolution upscaled to 4K at a targeted 60fps.*
    • Bask in the beautiful worlds you travel through, brought to life by stunning art direction and arresting attention to detail.
    • Behold enhanced reflections, lighting and shadows, as well as increased geometric detail and enhanced deformable snow.
  • Fully Optimised for 3D Audio**
    • Immerse yourself in the unique soundscapes of the Nine Realms as sounds reverberate and echo throughout the environment.
    • Use highly accurate spatial audio to hear enemies approaching from any direction, including above and below you.
  • Fast Loading via SSD
    • Return to the action faster than ever; the PS5™ console's high-speed SSD won't leave you waiting long to resurrect from death.

All I care about now is when VRR and 40FPS modes become available. Does anyone recall how it took for Rachet and Horizon from launch?

Det

Jul 30, 2020

I feel like a 60fps option will always be there. Every PS5 only game has it so far; Demons Souls, R&C, Returnal.

TitanicFall

Nov 12, 2017
Don't mind that it's dynamic 4k at 60fps because that leaves the door open for PS5 Pro to be 4k 60 locked.

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
Good stuff, so far all my ~35 native PS5 games are either 60FPS by default or have a performance mode.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Even the unlocked mode on PS4 Pro was the better option imo, it felt like there was way less delay. Dynamic 4K with 60fps is absolutely the way I'll be playing this

Oct 27, 2017
ATL
The thing I'm hating myself about is that I'll definitely end up double dipping again. I'll buy this on PS5 then will inevitably buy it again on PC.

Ovvv

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 11, 2019

They can do this and still offer performance modes. We see that already.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Fast Loading via SSD
As most of us expected, this is the extent of shorter loading times we'll get in the game.

I still can't believe some people actually thought they'd remove the crawling/squeeze through/slow walk sections in the PS5 version.

Ovvv

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 11, 2019
As most of us expected, this is the extent of shorter loading times we'll get in the game.

I still can't believe some people actually thought they'd remove the crawling/squeeze through/slow walk sections in the PS5 version.
You're talking about like 5 people who thought this lol

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Did anyone actually think that? Obviously the level design of the game wasn't going to be altered for PS5.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
You're talking about like 5 people who thought this lol
Nah, it was definitely more than that lol

I remember back when GoW:R was first announced to be cross-gen, someone on the EZA podcast (I believe it was Isla, I'm not sure) said that they could just remove those sections in the PS5 version and someone else on the panel agreed with them.

So it was something that at least a good number of people thought would be within the realm of possibility.
Did anyone actually think that? Obviously the level design of the game wasn't going to be altered for PS5.
Even on Era if you go back to the first few GoW:R cross-gen threads, you'd see this coming up and people believing it was possible.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I'd honestly be disappointed if the PS5 version doesn't have this. Not like it would be some huge dealbreaker, but I don't wanna go through the realm between realms all the time.
The only way they'd do that is if they removed all the conversations that happens between the characters in those parts from the PS4 version as well and have the PS4 players walk in silence until the door shows up for them. I personally don't think that's likely.

I think they will do the realm between realms thing still and the door on the other side loads super fast on PS5 but then it's up to you if you wanna hang around and listen to the conversation or you wanna go through the door and cut off the characters.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Really hope the performance mode isn't going to have the same blurry IQ issue Horizon FW used to have. That would kill me because the combat's too good to play at 30 FPS.

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
I just hope their 60fps mode is better than Horizons at launch.

Give me 60fps modes in ever fucking game i know asking for FOV is too much.