• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Dont forget Gran Turismo 7. God of War Ragnorak would make this year possibly the strongest early life cycle output from PS Studios ever
It's insane to think what they would've done year 1ish of PS5 if COVID didn't happen. Kind of insane transition period for them still.

zuf

Oct 25, 2017
GOW- September
TLOU Remake/Factions- October
FFXVI- November
Let's Go!!
FrVGO1F.jpg

Need some Factions details over the summer.

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
As many others have mentioned, I think this would pretty much confirms a PS event soon.
I'm excited for GoW: R.

MangoUltz

Mar 24, 2019
Starting to feel like there was supposed to be a State of Play today that got delayed internally before it was announced but a few different things were too far along to stall

Risitas

May 13, 2022
fuck now I need to finish GOW 3 and play GOW in 3 months. Please a Sony event in early june with FFXVI news and new games

The Gold Hawk

Jan 30, 2019
Yorkshire
The axe in the tree stump one is pretty nice looking

I REALLY wish it didn't have the runes around it as I would have happily worn the hell out of that.

Also, if it does get bumped back a little and the date is now rong, you've got yourself a collector's item.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
It's insane to think what they would've done year 1ish of PS5 if COVID didn't happen. Kind of insane transition period for them still.

Yeah even now it feels too good to be true that we got all these big games in 2022 (or are looking to provided no more delays) since so many companies are still feeling the setbacks.

Oct 30, 2017
2022 is shaping up to be a fantastic year for PS5 if Ragnarok, Forspoken, and Factions hit.

FFXVI would just be icing on the cake but I doubt that one.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Yeah even now it feels too good to be true that we got all these big games in 2022 (or are looking to provided no more delays) since so many companies are still feeling the setbacks.
Yeah really impressive pipeline they have. Planned it really well. I think they manage their projects for the most part extremely well. gonna be real interesting to see what they have planned in the next 2 years.

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
Decent amount of time to get a ps5 before it releases. Can't wait to see what Kratos is upto.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
This thread: "All this GoW merch coming out in September means the game is going to surprise-launch in September, even though we haven't seen very much of it!"

Me, wiser: "All this GoW merch coming out in September means there's going to be a big reveal event for the game in September for a Q1 2023 launch"

Doctor_Thomas

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know if people thought it was genuinely delayed or were willing it to be delayed but, in any case, Ragnarok is coming and you cannot stop it.

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
This thread: "All this GoW merch coming out in September means the game is going to surprise-launch in September, even though we haven't seen very much of it!"

Me, wiser: "All this GoW merch coming out in September means there's going to be a big reveal event for the game in September for a Q1 2023 launch"
GoW 2018 barely showed anything until late January, which is when it's April release date was revealed/ we got a first look at how the game plays. So game's still on track to how 2018 did it.

SSM hates doing gameplay demo's, they've gone in depth on this with GoW3 and GoW 2018. They're hard to do and they just wind up setting games back further because now the devs have to put resources that were going into making the game into making a playable demo/ vertical slice.

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
September would be amazing timing. Date announcement at KeighlE3?

Thinking/hoping we get a tease and date next week at SOP or the SummerFest with a dedicated show in July. Then the game drops September or October.

David Jaffe apparently on his show or whatever last night said he was told by friends in Sony the game is 100% a lock for releasing this year, despite himself being skeptical just a week ago.

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
Expected either October or September so it falls in line with my expectations

Rogote

Oct 25, 2017
Ya'll think this will release on PC within 6 months of its release? I'm not big on getting a console for just one game buuuut lol.
Absolutely not, but I also don't recommend getting a console for just one game. It'll hit PC, that's for sure. Keep mind occupied with other stuff in the meantime.

DoctorChimp

Oct 6, 2020
Texas yall
Absolutely not, but I also don't recommend getting a console for just one game. It'll hit PC, that's for sure. Keep mind occupied with other stuff in the meantime.
Fer shame, I was hoping with the success of GoW on PC they would change their strategy a bit. But yeah I'll keep busy for a while, plenty of great PC games to hold me off.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018

Its already been rated though. And why would they put up all that merchandise for a game that was relatively 6 months away? lol

And coincidentally, all three had tv shows announced earlier this week.

I believe the GoW TV show was announced in March but kind of flew under the radar

So what would Sonys holiday game be?

A big September exclusive would be their holiday (fall) game. They didnt need anything else when they launched Spider-Man in 2018.

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
I believe the GoW TV show was announced in March but kind of flew under the radar

It only became official this week and the Q&A still seems to point to nothing is final yet with where the show is actually heading, Amazon or Apple TV.

The March news was Deadline breaking the scoop that Sony was looking to do a series and what writers were involved without Sony ever confirming it.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
It only became official this week and the Q&A still seems to point to nothing is final yet with where the show is actually heading, Amazon or Apple TV.

The March news was Deadline breaking the scoop that Sony was looking to do a series and what writers were involved without Sony ever confirming it.

Alright, but usually Deadline reports these things when there is something happening. Most could assume it was seriously being started for them to break that news.

quail_lad

Aug 3, 2021
Sony has never relied on a holiday game from first party. They typically rely on third parties for then. Though with CoD going exclusive in 3 years Sony will probably want to change that.
Yeah, they've mostly stayed away from that time frame. If, however, they really are ready to release TLOU Remake; then that could be a good December game.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
1. September better be the lucky month, I'm fiending.

2. These shirts would be wearable if it weren't for the "God of War: Ragnarok" logo on the bottom. Just makes it gauche.

sanityislost

Oct 21, 2021
Yas! So excited for this game. I will need to pick up a couple of those Tshirts and book some holidays in as soon as the release date is posted.